SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chuck Smith talks about King James?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Zelus4Jesus

Oklahoma

Chuck Smith talks about King James?

I've heard a few people talk about some sermons by Chuck Smith concerning the King James Bible and the original texts or something, are the sermons on this site, and if so, what are the titles? Thanks in advance, JMII

2006/7/5 19:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Chuck Smith talks about King James?

Here are the direct links to the sermons, simply right click on the sermon titles and choose "save target as" to save them to your computer:

The KJV Version Bible - Part 1 by Chuck Smith

The KJV Version Bible - Part 2 by Chuck Smith

enjoy.

2006/7/5 19:50Profile
repentcanada

Re:

These two messages do they back up the King James Bible translation or speak ill of it?

2006/7/5 23:24Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re:

Chuck is pro king-james but not "only"

2006/7/6 0:15Profile

Re:

Chuck is very supportive of the KJV, but not enough in my opinion. In his sermons he explains why he believes (as I do) that the modern versions are corrupt, and explains why he believes (as I do) that the line of manuscripts on which the modern versions are based on is corrupt. However, at the end he encourages people to cross reference their study of the KJV with modern versions. Thats where I depart from Chuck.

Why? Well, if I offer you a nice steak dinner complete with a side order of [b]cold[/b] McDonald's french fries... wouldnt that ruin the meal?

It makes no sense to me why he would spend several hours preaching against something and then end it by encouraging folks to partake in it.

The sermons on this site are an excellent place to for someone unfamiliar with this whole issue to begin studying it because Chuck is very non-threatening in his approach. It's hard to be offended by Chuck. But it's "baby-steps" into the issue. Once someone listens to these sermons I highly recommend they pursue a deeper study into it.

One preacher who I have been listening to a lot lately is James Knox ( www.jamesknox.com ) of The Bible Baptist Church of Deland, Florida. On his website there are hundreds of good sermons and series. It's some extremely hard preaching, and I think a lot of people here would appreciate his approach.

You can link to his [b]study on the KJV[/b] here:

http://www.biblepreachingarchives.org/jameswknox/kjv_series/

The series is 20 sermons long... so it will take a long time to get thru it all, but it's well worth it. I want everyone to know that I do NOT agree with EVERYTHING. But I am on board with him about 95% of the time.

Hope this helps!

Krispy

2006/7/6 7:29

Re:

Its called "having insight", Krispy.

;-)rm

2006/7/6 8:40

Re:

Well, even if you dont agree with my position, you have to admit it is a strange thing to preach against something... and then sanction it.

Krispy

2006/7/6 8:51

Re:

Funny, I didn't get that from his message at all. He is very accurate in his remarks. In fact what He says I've been practicing for years, using abot 5-6 trans.. Perhaps re-visiting what he states would be helpful to you? All you need to do is click on the second sermon and slide the button over to about what might be the last ten minutes of his message.

:-Drm

2006/7/6 10:01
wyattearp

Re:

Regarding Ormly's comments, "it's called rudeness" Krispy

Regarding the KJV, we waste a lot of time in my sunday school class with "what does your version say" or "how does the NIV translate that verse". It struck me the other day that if you went to any 1st grade classroom the teacher at least would have common sense enough to have everyone learning to read from the same book. Not "Tommy, what does your book say"? It says "Run(excelerate) Spot(Fido) Run(increase speed).
"Good, Susy, what does your book say"? It says "Move on down the road, brother Spot, move on down the road!

Wyatt

2006/7/6 10:44Profile

Re:

quote]

Quote:
wyattearp wrote:
Regarding Ormly's comments, "it's called rudeness" Krispy

Come again??

Quote:
Regarding the KJV, we waste a lot of time in my sunday school class with "what does your version say" or "how does the NIV translate that verse". It struck me the other day that if you went to any 1st grade classroom the teacher at least would have common sense enough to have everyone learning to read from the same book. Not "Tommy, what does your book say"? It says "Run(excelerate) Spot(Fido) Run(increase speed).
"Good, Susy, what does your book say"? It says "Move on down the road, brother Spot, move on down the road!

Wyatt

If the teacher knew the message of the Bible he/she would give good insight when insight was needed to put to rest any suspected discrepancies found in the various translations.

2006/7/6 11:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy