SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ee-Toaw Revival!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Forevidence

Riverside

Ee-Toaw Revival!

I saw this on another website, it was absolutelty amazing check it...

I heard about this video in a Word Pictures series I'm watching. It shows how the biblical gospel (with a clear understanding of sin, righteousness, judgment and grace) brought an African village to incredible revival.

Ee-taow!
[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3918680065352271581&q=Ee-taow%21]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3918680065352271581&q=Ee-taow%21[/url]

(Edit: This is a 6-minute summary of the full video. See the link below for the 20-minute video.)

Here's another 2.5 minute video where they present the crucifixion of Christ.

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2167162629886718161&q=Ee-taow%21]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2167162629886718161&q=Ee-taow%21[/url]

The segment in the Word Pictures episode mentions how the missionary spoke twice a day for two months. None of the 310 villagers missed a single session. If someone was sick, the other tribesmen would make a stretcher to bring them. Should a pregnant woman be expecting, they'd rig a private shelter where she could deliver the baby there and not miss the message. (How different is that from Americans ending church early so they don't miss the Super Bowl?)

As the speaker unfolded the Old Testament stories and built upon the message of God's plan of salvation, the tribe related to it. They told him how they were like the sinful people of Sodom and Gomorrah. Once, he took a break at the point where God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, the men in the tribe kept mulling it over and they would come to him before the next session trying to figure it out ... would God raise Isaac from the dead? Afterall, he promised Abraham's lineage would come through that son. When the grace in Jesus was finally revealed, they were fully ready for the message of hope.

This is so amazing ... compared to the fleshly efforts and man-centered means used in seeking what we Americans call revival.

Here's the 20-minute video. It's powerful.

[url=http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/EETAOW/EETAOW.wmv ]http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/EETAOW/EETAOW.wmv [/url]

I love it when they tell the tribe about the theory of evolution (man came from monkeys). The tribesmen say "that's stupid!" :lol:

2006/7/3 16:18Profile
myfirstLove

Re: Ee-Toaw Revival!

wow! praise God!!! really encouraging.

Lord, have mercy on america! forgive her for her harlotry. expose the church and lift up her skirt that she may see her nakedness and see her need to repent! oh God revive your people here that Your glory may be seen thru Your people. that the lost may see You in us and have hope and praise the Lord our God!

2006/7/3 17:01Profile
humble

toronto, ontario

Re:

what a video! Few times I thought for myself how unimaginable would be to preach to tribes like those in video but there it is, plain and simple as it ought to be. Our crucified LORD reveals he's woundrous and amazing grace to babes... May He's holy name be exulted above all.
Thank you kindly for the video.

2006/7/3 19:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Lord, have mercy on america! forgive her for her harlotry. expose the church and lift up her skirt that she may see her nakedness and see her need to repent! oh God revive your people here that Your glory may be seen thru Your people. that the lost may see You in us and have hope and praise the Lord our God!

Amen. This video shows the true joy in salvation in people that recieve the good news.

2006/7/3 19:41Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Revelation 7:9-10
"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, [b]of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues,[/b] stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."

Halelujah!

Thank you for sharing this brother.

2006/7/3 21:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Brother! This is fantastic ... Just watched the short clip ... When it all of a sudden hit's them ... wow! Praise God!

2006/7/4 0:49Profile
Combat_Chuck

Re:

the 20 minute video is dynamite! 8-)

2006/7/4 5:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Ee-taow!

"It's true!"
"It's good!"
"It's very true!"

How remarkable that he leaves off so much explanation and allows them to ponder on their own... That those men came to him with an [i]expectation[/i] of what God would do with Issac ..! That they anticipated it.

How like Jesus Himself who left His hearers with the questions...

How incredibly unlike the means and methods of everything pre-digested, packaged and peddled like salesman ...

It's seems almost degrading to mention those things here... How powerful it is to see people light up all on their own, for them to express what they understood and not being coerced ... Oh, how much could be learned from this!

What tears of pure incredible joy!

Ee-taow!

2006/7/4 11:34Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Praise God, I am glad that all of you were encouraged!

2006/7/4 17:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy