SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
WorldView

Davao, Philippines

Re:

"I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light"
-John Falconer

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart."
-Bob Pierce

"Would that God would make hell so real to us that we cannot rest; heaven so real that we must have men go there."
- Hudson Taylor

"'Not called!' did you say? 'Not heard the call,' I think you should say. Put your ear down to the Bible, and hear Him bid you go and pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entrat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters not to come there. Then look Christ in the face whose mercy you have professed to obey and tell Him whether you will join heart and soul and body and sircumstances in the march to publish His mercy to the world."
-William Booth

2006/7/24 4:07Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"Many continue the forms of prayer when they are living in sin, and do not try to reform, and even have no sincere desire to reform. All such persons should know that they grievously provoke the Lord to answer their prayers with fearful judgments."

-Charles G. Finney

2006/7/24 11:00Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"Christian hearer, is it not a dreadful thing for you to be in a state in which you cannot prevail with God? Who are they, and how many are there, in such a state that their prayers avail nothing, and who know before they pray, and while they are praying, that they are in no fit state to offer prevailing prayer? One of the brethren, you recollect, said to us at a recent church meeting, "I have lost my power to prevail with God. I know I am not ready for this work." How many others are there, still in the same awful condition?

Oh! how many have we here who are the salt of the earth, whose prayers and redeeming influence save the community from becoming perfectly putrid with moral corruption? I hope they will be found alive and at work in this trying hour. Oh! we must have your prayers for the impenitent -- for the anxious -- for backsliders; or if you cannot pray -- at least come together and confess your sins; tell your brethren and sisters you cannot pray, and beg of them to pray for you that you may be brought back to the light and the peace -- and the penitence of real salvation."

-Charles G. Finney

2006/7/24 12:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe. ~Smith Wigglesworth

2006/7/25 4:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Fire is the motivating power in prayer… This holy fervent flame in the soul awakens the interest of heaven, attracts God’s attention, and places at the disposal of those who exercise it, the inexhaustible riches of divine grace.
E.M. Bounds

Beloved, there are heights in experimental knowledge of the things of God that the eagles discerning eye and philosophical thought have never seen. …God alone can take us there, but the chariot in which He takes us up and the fiery steeds that pull the chariot, are prevailing prayers
Charles Spurgeon

“Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but believe that there were some among you who would go home and pray for a revival – men whose faith is large enough, and their love fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous things here, as in the times of former generations.”
Charles Spurgeon

2006/7/25 4:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Any objection to the carryings on of our present gold-calf Christianity is met with the triumphant reply, ”But we are winning them!” And winning them to what? To true discipleship? To cross-carrying? To self-denial? To separation from the world? To crucifixion of the flesh? To holy living? To nobility of character? To a despising of the world’s treasures? To hard self-discipline? To love for God? To total committal to Christ? Of course the answer to all these questions is no.
-A.W.Tozer

2006/7/25 13:04Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

“But, O Lord, How insufficient I am for this work. Alas, with what shall I pierce the scales of Leviathan, or make the heart feel that is hard as the nether millstone? Shall I go and speak to the grave, and expect the dead will obey me and come forth? Shall I make an oration to the rocks, or declaim to the mountains, and think to move them with my arguments? Shall I make the blind to see? From the beginning of the world was it not heard that a man opened the eyes of the blind. But O Lord, thou canst pierce the heart of the sinner. I can only draw the bow at a venture, but do Thou direct the arrow between the joints of the harness. Slay the sin, and save the soul of the sinner that casts his eyes on these words.”

-Joseph Alleine

2006/7/27 12:27Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

“If men maybe enlightened and brought to the external performance if holy duties, and yet go down to perdition fro resting in them and sitting down on this side conversion; what will become of you, O miserable families that live without God in the world? What will become of you, wretched sinners, with whom God is scarcely in all your thoughts; that are so ignorant that you cannot pray, or so careless that you will not? O repent and be converted, break off your sins by righteousness. Away to Christ for pardoning and renewing grace.”

-Joseph Alleine

2006/7/27 12:28Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

“O conscience! Do your duty. In the name of the living God, I command you, discharge your office. Lay hold upon this sinner, fall upon him, arrest him, apprehend him, undeceive him. What! Will you flatter and soothe him while he lives in his sins> Awake, O conscience! What meanest thou, O sleeper? What! Have you no reproof in your mouth? What! Shall this soul die in his careless neglect of God and of eternity, and you altogether hold your peace? What! Shall he go on still in his trespasses, and yet have peace? Oh, rouse yourself, and do your work. Now let the preacher in your bosom speak. Cry aloud, and spare not; lift up thy voice like a trumpet. Let not the blood of his soul be required at your hands.”

-Joseph Alleine

2006/7/27 12:32Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

“Sinner, will you not give up your vain hope of being saved in this condition [of sin]? Bildad says, 'Shall the earth be forsaken for thee; or the rocks be moved out of their place?' (Job xviii 4). May I not much more reason with you? Shall the laws of heaven be reversed for you? Shall the everlasting foundations be overturned for you? Shall Christ put out the eye of His Father's omniscience, or shorten the arm of His eternal power for you? Shall divine justice be violated for you; or the brightness of His holiness be blemished for you? O the impossibility, absurdity, blasphemy, of such a confidence! To think Christ will ever save you in this condition is to make the Saviour become a sinner, and do more wrong to the infinite Majesty than all the wicked on earth or devils in hell ever did, or ever could do; and yet will you not give up such a blasphemous hope?”

-Joseph Alleine

2006/7/27 12:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy