SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"I withdrew from prayer, hoping for strength from above. In prayer I was exceedingly enlarged and my soul was as much drawn out as I ever remember it to have been in my life. I was in such anguish, and pleaded with so much earnestness and importunity, that when I rose from my knees I felt extremely weak and overcome I could scarcely walk straight; my joints were loosed; the sweat ran down my face and body; and nature seemed as if it would dissolve."

-David Brainerd

2007/2/1 17:30Profile

Re:

"You must learn to love the cross. He who does not love the cross does not love the things of God. (Matt 16:23). It is impossible for you to truly love the Lord without loving the cross. The believer who loves the cross finds that even the bitterest things that come his way are sweet. The Scriptures says, "To the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet." (Prov 27:7)

How much do you desire to hunger after God? You will hunger after God, and find Him, in the same proportion that you hunger after the cross.

Here is a true spiritual principle that the Lord will not deny: God gives us the cross, and then the cross gives us God." Jeanne Guyon

2007/2/1 17:35
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Come by faith to Jesus, for without him you perish for ever. Did you ever notice how a fir-tree will get a hold among rocks which seem to afford it no soil? It sends a rootlet into any little crack which opens; it clutches even the bare rock as with a huge bird's claw; it holds fast, and binds itself to earth with a hundred anchorages. Our little drawing is very accurate. We have often seen trees thus firmly rooted upon detached masses of bare rock. Now, dear heart, let this be a picture of yourself. Grip the Rock of Ages. With the rootlet of little-faith hold to him. Let that tiny feeler grow; and meanwhile, send out another to take a new grasp of the same Rock. Lay hold on Jesus, and keep hold on Jesus. Grow up into him. Twist the roots of your nature, the fibers of your heart, about him. He is as free to you as the rocks are to the fir-tree: be you as firmly lashed to him as the pine is to the mountain's side."

- C.H. Spurgeon

From [i]fir tree among rocks(Illustration)[/i]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1309]fir tree among rocks[/url]

2007/2/4 11:07Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

"Christians are not perfect, just forgiven." (Some backslider must have written that one.)

-Leonard Ravenhill

2007/2/7 17:57Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"People are getting fit for Truth
Like they're buying a new tailored suit
Does it fit across the shoulders
Does it fade when it gets older
We throw ideas that aren't in style
In the Salvation Army pile
And search for something more to meet our needs

And the Word was
And the Word is
And the Word will be"

- Lyrics to the song [i]The Word[/i] by Sarah Groves

2007/2/8 6:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"No man is ever fully accepted until he has, first of all, been utterly rejected." - Author unknown

2007/2/14 23:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
"No man is ever fully accepted until he has, first of all, been utterly rejected." - Author unknown

Thanks, Greg!

2007/2/15 1:08
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"A man may be theologically knowing and spiritually ignorant." - Stephen Charnock

2007/3/7 4:30Profile
joyinjesus8

Outback Australia

Re: Great Quotes 6

"But the soul renounced shall abide in the boundlessness of God's life. This is liberty, this is prosperity. The more we lose, the more we gain”
Watchman Nee

2007/3/7 4:51Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Great Quotes 6

"Good is still the worst enemy of the best. Satan's most effective temptation is to get us to do what God has already called us to do, but do it prematurely and do it in a way that avoids the cross."

Rick Joyner

"The secret of following God's will is wrapped in rejecting the good for God's best."

K.P. Yohannan

2007/3/12 0:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy