SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Satan dreads nothing but prayer...The Church that lost its Christ was full of good works. Activities are multiplied that meditation may be ousted, and organizations are increased that prayer may have no chance. Souls may be lost in good works, as surely as in evil ways. The one concern of the devil is to keep the saints from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray."
--Samuel Chadwick

2006/12/7 2:17Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"...for he that believes in the light, it lets him see the scriptures, the prophets, Christ and the apostles' words, and by it they do distinguish the true prophets' words from the false, the holy men's words from the unholy, the sanctified from them that are not sanctified, Christ's words from the antichrist's, the true apostles' words from the false. So Christ the light teacheth his people to believe in that which manifests all things; and they that believe in the light have the witness in themselves of Christ, in whom they do believe, they have the witness in themselves, that he is their redeemer, and savior, and their way, their truth, and their life...."
-George Fox

2006/12/10 2:06Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

'Some of us have been reading about Praying Hyde. Truly, his intercession changed things. Men tell us they were thrilled when John Hyde prayed. They were stirred to their inmost being when he just pleaded the name "Jesus!-Jesus!-Jesus!" and a baptisim of love and power came upon them.

But it was not John Hyde: it was the Holy Spirit of God whom one consecrated man, filled with that Spirit, brought down upon all around him. May we not all become "Praying Hydes"?'

" Failure in prayer is due to fault in the heart."

"Every unanswered prayer is a clarion call to search the heart to see what is wrong there; for the promise is unmistakable in its clearness: '[b][color=660033]If ye shall ask anything in my name, that will I do[/color][/b]'"

qoutes from [i]The Kneeling Christian[/i] by [i]Anonymous[/i]

2006/12/14 20:21Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Are not our prayers so often ineffective and powerless - and sometimes even prayerless - becuase we rush unthinkingly and unpreparedly into God's presence, without realizing the majesty and glory of the God whom we are approaching, and without reflecting upon the exceeding great riches of his glory in Christ Jesus, which we hope to draw upon? We must 'think magnificently of God.'"

- from [i]The Kneeling Christian[/i] by [i]Anonymous[/i]

2006/12/29 22:30Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Great Quotes 6

"If no immediate choice has to be made, one should wait. The Lord orders our stops as well as our steps. When the time comes that a decision must be made, one can proceed in the direction that seems best. As you conscientiously seek His guidance, He will not let you make a wrong choice." George Mueller

2006/12/29 23:46Profile

Re:

A soul-winner can do nothing without God. He must cast himself on the Invisible, or be a laughing-stock to the devil, who regards with utter disdain all who think to subdue human nature with mere words and arguments. To all who hope to succeed in such a labour by their own strength, we would address the words of the Lord to Job, "Canst thou draw out leviathan with a hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down? Wilt thou play with him as with a bird? or wilt thou bind him for thy maidens? Lay thine hand upon him, remember the battle, do no more. Behold, the hope of him is in vain: shall not one be cast down even at the sight of him?" Dependence upon God is our strength, and our joy: in that dependence let us go forth, and seek to win souls for Him.

Charles Spurgeon

2006/12/30 0:18
DoulosQuinn

great qoute

John 5:39 "Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

2006/12/30 4:35Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

His cup of affliction was filled to the brim,
And are we not willing to suffer for Him?
The robe of His glory for us He laid down,
To show us the path from the cross to the crown.
Fanny Crosby

2006/12/30 7:52Profile
HopeinChrist

Re:

A partial obedience is a disobedience and a partial truth is a lie.
Art Katz

2006/12/30 7:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"You dedicate and then God consecrate's."

"Come live the rest of your life in holiness young man!"

-Keith Daniel

2007/1/4 15:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.