SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 6

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"Do we spend ten minutes a day in prayer? Do we consider it important enough for that? Ten minutes a day on our knees in prayer - when the
Kingdom of heaven can be had for the asking!"

"Why, the wonder is not that we pray so little, but that we can ever get up from our knees if we realize our own need; the needs of our home and our loved ones; the needs of our pastor and the Church; the needs of our city - of our country - of the heathen and Mohammedan world! All these needs can be met by the riches of God in Christ Jesus."

- qoutes from [i]The Kneeling Christian[/i] by [i]Anonymous[/i]

2006/11/26 17:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"The unction, the divine unction, this heavenly anointing, is what the pulpit needs and must have. This divine and heavenly oil put on it by the imposition of God's hand must soften and lubricate the whole man -- heart, head, spirit -- until it separates him with a mighty separation from all earthly, secular, worldly, selfish motives and aims, separating him to everything that is pure and Godlike." -E.M. Bounds

. . . Speak to your people as to men that must be awakened, either here or in hell. Look around upon them with the eye of faith, and with compassion, and think in what a state of joy or torment they must all be for ever; and then, methinks, it will make you earnest, and melt your heart to a sense of their condition. Oh, speak not one cold or careless word about so great a business as heaven or hell. Whatever you do, let the people see that you are in good earnest. . . . You cannot break men's hearts by jesting with them, or telling them a smooth tale, or pronouncing a gaudy oration. Men will not cast away their dearest pleasures at the drowsy request of one that seemeth not to mean as he speaks, or to care much whether his request be granted or not. . . . -Richard Baxter

"If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified." -Leonard Ravenhill

2006/11/29 19:46Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

"When the house churches heard about the arrest of 36 of the 39 workers, do you think they were disillusioned? Far from it! Believers all around the nation lifted up holy hands before the Lord and with tears streaming down their cheeks they thanked the Lord for performing the great miracle of getting three Chinese missionaries out of China! We have learned to be thankful for any advance of the gospel."

- from [i]Back To Jerusalem: Three Chinese House Church Leaders Share Their Vision to Complete the Great Commission[/i] by Paul Hattaway, Brother Yun, Peter Xu Yongze and Enoch Wang

2006/12/1 19:09Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

'In a letter smuggled out secretly, the Underground Church said, “We don’t pray to be better Christians, but that we may be the only kind of Christians God means us to be: Christlike Chris­tians, that is, Christians who bear willingly the cross for God’s glory.”'
-Richard Wurmbrand [i](Tortured for Christ)[/i]

2006/12/1 23:53Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

J.C. Ryle, dated April 23, 1864:
"For my own part I can only say that i read everything I can get hold of which professes to throw light on my Master's business, and the work of Christ among men. But, the more I read, the less I admire modern theology. the more I study the productions of the new schools of theological teachers, the more I marvel that men and women can be satisfied with such writings. There is a vagueness, a mistiness, a shallowness, an indistinctness, a superficiality, an aimlessness, a hollowness about the literature of the 'broader and kinder systems', as they are called, which to my mind stamps their origin on their face. They are of the earth, earthy. I find more of definite soul-satisfying thought in one page of Gurnall than in five pages of such books as the leaders of the so-called 'Broad Church School" put forth. In matters of theology, the old is better."
- as quoted in "An Abridgement Of A Biographical Account Of The Author", William Gurnall's book, "The Christian In Complete Armour".

2006/12/2 2:52Profile
EVAVGELIST

PERRIS CA

Re:

Religion is hanging around the cross; CHISTIANITY IS GETTING ON THE CROSS.

Steve Hill

2006/12/2 3:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"nevertheless settle it firmly in our minds that sin is 'the abominable thing that God hateth' that God 'is of purer eyes than to behold iniquity, and cannot look upon that which is evil.' That the least transgression of God's law makes us 'guilty of all' that 'the soul that sinneth shall surely die' that 'the wages of sin is death' that God shall 'judge the secrets of men' that there is a worm that never dies, and a fire that is not quenched. That 'the wicked shall be turned into hell' and 'shall go away into everlasting punishment' and that 'nothing that defiles shall in any wise enter heaven.' -J.C. Ryle

2006/12/2 23:59Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"The devil's not fighting churches today, he's joining churches."-Vance Havner

2006/12/3 6:20Profile
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Re:

"When Jesus therefore had recieved the vinegar,he said,it is finished:and he bowed his head and gave up the ghost."

2006/12/3 8:44Profile
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Re:

Minister of the gospel, say that of your congregation, The greatest need for my people is my personal holiness. Teacher say that of your class - The greatest need for my Sunday School class is my personal holiness.

Robert Murray McCheyne

Life without war is impossible either in nature or in grace ...

Health is the balance between physical life and external nature ... If I have enough fighting power, I produce the balance of health . . .

The same is true of mental life . . . I have to fight, and in that way the mental balance called thought is produced. . .

Morally it is the same. Everything that does not partake of the nature of virtue is the enemy of virtue in me . . .Immediately I fight, I am moral in that particular . .

Spiritually it is the same . . .I haved to learn to score off the things that come against me, and in that way produce the balance called holiness, then it becomes a delight to meet opposition.

Holiness is the balance between my disposition and the law of God as expressed in Jesus Christ.

Oswald Chambers

2006/12/6 0:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy