SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Praise report: a christian set free, a leper cured, a muslim healed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Praise report: a christian set free, a leper cured, a muslim healed

Some of you may remember reading about Parvez Masih, a Christian from Pakistan that was falsely accused of blaspheming Mohammed and was subsequently put in prison. After five years, he was recently released! I have just read some amazing details about his time in prison and release and thought I'd pass them along.

Appearantly Parvez was praying and had a vison of a cross. He asked the Lord for his release from prison and for a sign of victory. The monthly VOM newsletter relates that Parvez saw the Lord Jesus Who made a "V" with His fingers. After this he told a guard he would soon be released and was released at noon. While in prison, it says he prayed for both a christian man that had leprosy and a Muslim who was dying of a heart condition and that both were healed the next day! It even says that the Muslim exlaimed that he had seen Christ also!

By the way, I have heard now in so many accounts of people in the Moslem world seeing Christ in a dream or vision - amazing.

We need to trade tele-vision for a holy-vision!

I thank God for His great and mighty deeds!

2006/6/30 20:17Profile

Re: Praise report: a christian set free, a leper cured, a muslim healed

Chris,

Thanks so much for sharing this. It has provoked a few thoughts.

Quote:
.. a Christian from Pakistan that was falsely accused of blaspheming Mohammed and was subsequently put in prison. After five years, he..

Five years is a long sentence to serve for a false accusation. I wonder how I would fare under such circumstances.

There is a man here in the UK who always protested his innocence over the crime of murder for which he was imprisoned, and even refused to leave prison at the end of a 25 year sentence, because he insisted it made it look as if he had acknowledged the crime. In fact, it was for that reason he had refused parole earlier.

Would I be able to receive a false accusation as part of the Lord's will for me? Perhaps the ministry of Christ in such circumstances makes up for more than one's reputation in this world ...
Quote:
both were healed the next day!

Amen! I love the way it sounds that he had no specific witness (that they [i]would[/i] be healed) before or when he prayed, but that the Lord honoured his faith in praying. This is very challenging to me. It brings the matter of faith and obedience closer ... simply to trust God's heart to see people whole, and put the matter in His hands.
Quote:
By the way, I have heard now in so many accounts of people in the Moslem world seeing Christ in a dream or vision

There were many similar stories coming out from behind the Iron Curtain (from the Communist bloc), of how God simply over-ruled what men were trying to do against His truth.

2006/7/2 6:03
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praise report: a christian set free, a leper cured, a muslim healed

Quote:
By the way, I have heard now in so many accounts of people in the Moslem world seeing Christ in a dream or vision - amazing.

Yes, been hearing this as well over the last couple of years - amazing indeed and wonderful.

Quote:
We need to trade tele-vision for a holy-vision!

Love that! Thanks brother.

2006/7/2 10:30Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Dorcas and Crsschk.

Dorcas,

Quote:
Would I be able to receive a false accusation as part of the Lord's will for me?

Well, myself I probably would have answered 'of course' at one time. I've been like Peter saying 'Lord, I'll never deny you.' I think I see, in the words of a song writer 'that weary confidence fading' - that confidence in self.

Crsschk, these stories about Christ appearing to these people in Moslem nations are very encouraging to me. I like too the way Dorcas put it

Quote:
God simply over-ruled what men were trying to do against His truth.

Amen :-D

God love and shine upon you.

2006/7/2 14:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy