SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chick Tracts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Yes,

One of the cool things about Chick tracts is that they're fun to give out. It's easy to hand one to a check-out person or someone you just happen to be chatting with. At first glance, they don't look like religious literature. This, in my opinion, is very, very good. Before I became a Christian, I disdained anyone handing me religious propaganda. But I remember, years ago, finding "This Was Your Life" and thumbing through it. It was different than all the rest of the boring salespitches for Christianity. I guess what struck me most was the dead guy in the casket hearing, "ARISE!" and coming up from the dead to meet God for the final judgment. I've never forgot that.

Yeah, like I said, they are costly at $.15 a peice, but perhaps certain ones are worth the price...knowing they'll actually get read and passed around. A local church here hands them out for Halloween along with some candy, and the kids love them. I think you need to pick and choose the right ones, because some of the tracts are...a bit wonky. But I know "This Was Your Life" is strong and clear, and I can't find anything to disagree with, theologically.

2006/7/1 11:00Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Check out the [url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=gospeltracts]Living Waters Website[/url].

A coupe of stand outs [url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=298]Million Dollar Note[/url] US$5.00 for 100.
[url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=231]Atheist Test[/url] US$12 for 100.

But my personal favourite is the [url=http://www.livingwaters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=247]Smart Card[/url] at US$8 for 100.

Personally, I find that freight lets me down when I order them over here, in Australia. It's a good idea to co-ordinate ordering with friends, and if possible, buy in bulk.

I have a funny story about "$1mill notes". The first time I went out Open Air, there were a bunch of kids heckling, who weren't engaging with the preacher, but just being a nuisence. I approached them with a "$1mill note", to distract them so the preaching could continue. One asked if it was real, to which I replied, "Of course not. It's a gospel tract."

They were about to leave, and I asked how long it would take for someone to pick one up if I put one on the ground (If you fold an Australian "$1mill note" right, it looks like a $100 note). They thought it sounded like fun, and I bought their attention for 15 minutes while I took them through the Law.

The funniest thing was the cheer that went up as some guy picked it up, thinking it was his lucky day. Who says witnessing is boring. :-)

2006/7/1 11:36Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Ha! Very cool story!

I know that just recently there was a whole fiasco here in the States over Living Water's 'Million Dollar' tract when some guy tried deposit one in his bank account! The Secret Service stepped in and seized thousands of them from Ray Comfort's ministry (I think they were actually raided). Apparently, they look legit enough to fool a bank teller. This confuses me! A Million dollar bill? I didn't know we had any of those circulating around. Especially with the Ten Commandments written on them.

Go figure.

2006/7/1 11:50Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Apparently, they look legit enough to fool a bank teller. This confuses me! A Million dollar bill? I didn't know we had any of those circulating around. Especially with the Ten Commandments written on them.

Funny you say that, over hear a guy used one in a bottle shop. He dropped it on the counter and cried out, "Keep the change." as he ran out. Apparently he got away with it too.:sad:

2006/7/1 12:39Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Bless you brother Paul, great to see you here on Sermon Index.

As well there are some good tracts here: One Million Tracts http://store.prostores.com/onemilliontracts/index.html

2006/7/1 17:50Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Thanks for the link, brother Ricky! I'll check it out; looks like they have some good tracts.

2006/7/1 18:26Profile

Re: tracts

Hello, in addition to select Chick and Comfort tracts another idea that I'm sure some of you have thought of is sticky notes. Carrying a sticky note pad and pen, you can write anything you want. Key scriptures, Quality qoutes, short 1 or 2 sentence testimony....Anything you are quickened by the Holy Ghost to write. Sticky notes are very flexible and inexpensive.Talk later God bless, john.

2006/7/2 6:18
Willo

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Re:

Quote:
Funny you say that, over hear a guy used one in a bottle shop. He dropped it on the counter and cried out, "Keep the change." as he ran out. Apparently he got away with it too.:sad:

That happened in the suburb I live in.

2006/7/3 1:16Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

Willo wrote:
That happened in the suburb I live in.

I was going to leave you out of it Willo. John told me all about it ;-).

2006/7/3 7:14Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
a guy used one in a bottle shop

Pardon my ignorance, being from the States and all, but what is a "bottle shop"? A bar?

2006/7/3 7:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy