SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chick Tracts

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Chick Tracts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to know your opinions on Chick tracts and if you use them. Also, if you have a testimony on how a Chick tract was instrumental in leading to a conversion, I'd love to hear about it.

God bless, Paul

2006/6/30 15:46Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re: Chick Tracts

Hi there!

May I ask what a 'chick tract' is?

God bless,
Jonathan

2006/6/30 17:01Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Hi Jonathan,

Sure! They're comic book tracts. They're small little booklets with titles like "This Was Your Life" or "The Death-Cookie" and always end with a mention of the lake of fire. Jack Chick draws them, they've been around for a long time. Perhaps you've seen one?

God bless, Paul

2006/6/30 17:14Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

[url=www.chick.com]www.chick.com[/url]

[url=http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp?wpc=0001_01.asp&wpp=a]This was your life[/url]

2006/6/30 17:44Profile
MR_CPK

Indiana

I personally don't think much of Chick tracts and don't use them. I'm sure there are some good ones but most of the ones I've seen are a bit unscriptural and don't really present the Gospel very well, which is probably because of Jack Chicks personal beliefs. There also a bit over-priced in my opinion. I stick with "Living Waters" tracts and when I'm too broke I use "Fellowship Tract League" tracts which are "free" but if you reimburse them the cost to make and ship them it comes out to 1,ooo tracts for $7.

2006/6/30 18:22Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Yeah, they cost like 15 cents per. Ordering 200 comes out to 35 bucks with shipping. That's kind of pricey, if you ask me. How much are the "Living Water" tracts?

2006/6/30 18:57Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I've used some free tracts from the Fellowship Tract League, but I don't really give them out anymore. They're pretty much all the same, as far as I can tell. The gospel message in them seems so cliche: "God loves you, has a plan for your life and sent Jesus to die for your sins. Accept Him now by saying a prayer like this - "Lord Jesus, I am a sinner. Forgive me. I accept you into my heart, etc..."

A little too Billy Grahamish for me (not that I don't love Billy Graham!). Can anyone recommend a tract that the likes of a Leonard Ravenhill or John Wesley would give out? Thanks to all!

Paul

2006/6/30 19:16Profile
MR_CPK

Indiana

Re:

The living waters tracts are 5 to 7 cents per tract.

2006/6/30 20:02Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

There are some of the Chick tracts that are good. I like 'It's The Law' probably the most. I just read through them online before ordering.

You can actually find Wesley's tracts online and just transcribe them.

I like Living Waters the best, though.

2006/7/1 8:49Profile
dohzman

I liked the chick tracts as well as many other types of tracts, mainly because it was easier to stop people by giving them something. Then of course I could share Jesus with them. But the cost of tracts did become pretty expensive, so a dear departed brother in the Lord started printing out his own tracts, several of which eventually made thier way into the bible tract society tracts. As to testamonies? I personally know of none, sorry.

2006/7/1 10:46Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy