SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The second death

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

The second death

Hey guys. I've always wondered about when,exactly,does the second death occur for non - believers? Does it happen at the point of death here on earth, or is there a waiting period? For that matter, do believers join Jesus immediately after death also? I know it says that absent in body means present with jesus, but is the judgement before this? I've heard all opinions from all sides but I am still confused.
Thanks
John

2006/6/27 10:15Profile
irunbarefoot

Re: The second death

Good question,

Just wanted to post the verses you are talking about for everyone to read. There are others as well, but the below verses are the most informative.

Rev 20:13-14

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death."

Thanks,
-Sean

2006/6/27 13:46Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

First they go to hell, and then they are cast into the lake of fire after they are judged.

2006/6/28 21:21Profile
wyattearp

Jamccor,
Regarding your question "do believers join Jesus immediately after death" let Jesus's words to the thief on the cross next to Him suffice. "TODAY,(emphasis mine) you shall be with me in paradise"
That's word has always been good enough for me and far greater than I deserve

Wyatt

2006/6/29 0:45Profile
deathdancer

South Africa

Hi John. Re : is there a waiting period?
I believe there is a waiting period. Jesus refered to death as a sleep.(Mat 9;24..Jn 11;11)King David has not ascended to heaven Acts 2;34. The dead are unconscious(Ec 9vs5).Samuel slept(1 sam 28 vs 15.)No one has ascended up to heaven,(JN 3:13.)
This is a difficult issue,even the pharisees and sadducees could not agree on it.We were all asleep before birth so i don't mind sleeping till the resurection.It would seem like to day (luke 23;43)Greetings,Trevor.

2006/8/10 15:42Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

asleep before birth?

What do you mean when you say 'we were asleep before birth?' Do you mean before conception or while in the womb? Can you give me Scripture basis for this statement if you mean before conception?

Thanks for the clarification. :-)

2006/8/15 13:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy