SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : The Lord Knows

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

The Lord Knows

Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
Joh 1:47-48

And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and besought him that he would come into his house: For he had one only daughter, about twelve years of age, and she lay a dying. But as he went the people thronged him. And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace. Luk 8:41-48

And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour. Mat 15:22-28

Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? Joh 4:29

And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
Luk 18:18,19

Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, and needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man. Joh 2:23-25

2006/6/25 10:31Profile
mamaluk

Re: The Lord Knows

Crsschk

Thanks for these 3 very comforting words.

The Lord knows.

We'll be alright..

mml

2006/6/25 10:38Profile

Jesus said:

Quote:
when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.

Genesis 3: 6b - 11
She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed [b]fig leaves together and made themselves coverings[/b]. And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden. Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?"

When it dawned on me that the Lord had known not only where Adam (and Eve) were, but why they were [i]hiding[/i] in [u]silence[/u], I was much comforted.

The Lord knows what's eating us, today, too.

2006/6/25 11:33
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

The Lord Knows

Hi mamaluk,

The first two sub-sections have been in the thoughts for a number of days, hesitate to offer up much commentary ... Guess you might say I was struck by what struck the heart of the Lord. It is both incredible to recognize that He does know all men, their innermost thoughts, but that the honesty, the appeal to Him whether by prayer, by a faith that [i]must lay hold of[/i] ... What thrilled the Lord when He walked this earth?

[i]O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt.[/i]

[i]When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.[/i]

It is very comforting to know the Lord knows. Just as well, the flip-side is He knows those things that are dishonest and lacking, those that are needed and in need of correction.

I am exceedingly glad He will not allow us to fake our way through this if we are to truly know Him.

2006/6/25 11:51Profile
mamaluk

Dear Crsschk,

I'm glad that you brought this up, I was thinking after I signed off, hm, " Lord, please overlook my wrongs since YOU do know.." Our Lord had already told us that in Jeremiah 17:9

The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

Psalm 94:11

The LORD knows the thoughts of man;
He knows that they are vain.

Whenever I came across David's psalm saying to the LORD "..search my reins.. or heart..". I would find myself saying to Him "don't search mine." Well knowing what's there is not often pleasing to HIM.
Truly His Word is a 2-edged Sword.

I guess all I could really do is to fall back on HIS forgiveness and grace to help me live on.

Self-examining always,
In Christ,
mll

ps/ I appreciate your work as a moderator on SI.

2006/6/25 13:45Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Quote:
Just as well, the flip-side is He knows those things that are dishonest and lacking, those that are needed and in need of correction.

Mind was led to that beautifull passage where the aged Simeon holds the Christ saying...

Quote:
Yea, a sword shall pierce through thy own soul also, that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.

...the depths of these words.

2006/6/25 19:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy