SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow :  Prayer Request: Toronto Pride Weekend June 23-25

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
  Prayer Request: Toronto Pride Weekend June 23-25

[img]http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4858/2213/400/logoPride2006.gif[/img]

This week is Pride Week in Toronto, Canada and there will be over one million visitors who will come to the city to be apart of this week. There will be people from virtually every nation on the earth heading to Toronto, and especially the downtown area. So when Jesus said to preach the Gospel to every creature, and that the Gospel will reach every nation on earth one small way YOU can work for the LORD is to be out on the streets of Toronto to reach lost souls with the Amazing Grace that is in the Saviour Jesus Christ this week.

God willing, there will be numerous Christians descending to Yonge/Dundas and Yonge/Queen over the Friday-Saturday-Sunday this weekend to be a witness of Christ. We will be out to talk to people, hand out Gospel tracts, and tell the Good News of Jesus.

Tenative whereabouts for the Weekend:

Friday 5pm - late Yonge/Dundas or Yonge/Queen intersections (downtown Toronto, Eaton Centre)

Saturday 5pm - late Yonge/Queen or Yonge/Dundas intersections (downtown Toronto, Eaton Centre)

Sunday - early morning to mid-day??

--

I will be there (Greg Gordon)

so will Ricki Earl:
www.repentcanada.com

and also Eli Brayley
www.timothyministry.com

Please do PRAY for us SI! This is going to be a very spiritual intense weekend, may God give us compassion, tears, brokeness for the lost, and also boldness to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.

2006/6/23 9:26Profile

Re: Prayer Request: Toronto Pride Weekend June 23-25

Greg,

Some of the homosexuals I've spoken to in the past, admit to feeling deeply bitter about what [i]God[/i] seems to have given them - so far from what other 'normal' people have received.

I think it's very important to express the fact of Jesus' death for their sin, and that there is no barrier to their coming to Him for deliverance and healing, from this essentially idolatrous worship system and lifestyle.

There are many Christians who have left homosexuality for a real transformation into the image of God which He desired for them as males. Some remain unmarried, but many, after a period of celibacy, discover they are genuinely interested in finding a wife and go on to have their own family. I'm sure we all know of them. This may not seem a big deal to very young homosexuals, but as they get older they begin to think about it.

This was a source of the bitterness one man expressed to me - that he could never be a father, if he honestly obeyed how he felt about men. This is a [b]lie[/b] which the gospel opposes totally.

There is also healing for those who did not give informed consent (were children or under 16) to the lifestyle to which they now find themselves in bondage.

I would encourage you to be grateful for every opportunity to really connect with individual hearts, and sow seeds of hope and light in dark souls and broken spirits. I will be praying.

2006/6/23 15:09
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I was just thinking how ironic the choice of the word 'fearless' is in that graphic. It seems this word could be the mantra of much of our generation in the sense that we have abandoned any fear of God.

Also, you may want to check out the following link to a site that has some wonderful testimonies of those who have been set free from this bondage. It may provide good fodder for conversations this weekend or you could even recommend this link to them so they can browse it for themselves...

[url=http://www.stonewallrevisited.com/]Stonewall Revisited[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2006/6/23 15:50Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

god send workers to collect your harvest today lord, the day of salvation is today, let somone recive a new heart lord, a born again heart from the holy spirit. Let their new life bring glory to you lord.
amen

2006/6/24 7:12Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

We will all be praying for you guys this weekend. Walk in the Spirit and the Lord is with you.

Go ye, therefore, and teach all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost; teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And lo! [b]I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.[/b]

2006/6/24 10:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Thank you brothers and sisters, last night went very well. Eli and Ricky open air preached and we handed out 100's of tracts "Canada and the book of Life." We had some profitable one-on-one's and we were standing out on the streets clearly showing that we are living epistle's of Christ.

We are going to the conference to hear richard owen roberts and then will be back on the streets tonight! keep praying for a anoininting on our life's and power when the word of God is preached. Also holy boldness to proclaim Christ.

2006/6/24 12:03Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Greg and the other brethren with you,

"And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all."

Great grace be upon you all in Jesus' holy name!

2006/6/24 14:31Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Keep the brothers in prayer as well.

2006/6/24 18:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:Conference

Quote:
We are going to the conference to hear richard owen roberts and then will be back on the streets tonight! keep praying for a anoininting on our life's and power when the word of God is preached. Also holy boldness to proclaim Christ.

Longing to hear how things went...

2006/6/25 14:39Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Thank you for the prayers brothers and sisters. It was a tremendous weekend, we met up with brother Eli Brayley, heard Richard Owen Roberts preach fearlessly twice, and were blessed to be able to testify of the salvation of Jesus to many on the street of Toronto.

Glory to God for all things

2006/6/25 20:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy