SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The church of a lesser god

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The church of a lesser god

[b]The church of a lesser god[/b]
… By me

In trying to relate what we presently are witnessing in “new church” leadership to something or some experience we know of, the movie “The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" comes to mind and seems to fill the bill. I.e., church leadership that has gone astray, heedlessly taking into itself “alien” persuasiveness [as in an “angel of light” disposition], not of God that, left unabated, will destroy faith in God in the child of God; faith being replaced with “honest doubt”...
Having gotten sucked up into a "self-sensitive", gospel unto the building of leadership to propagate its corporate, evil, disposition.- evil, as in, "worthless", This new age church is what I’m calling, “a church of a lesser god”, presently growing like a fast cancer.

This “worthless”, iniquitous, leadership seeks to establish honest doubt in its hearers so that they might become practitioners of the same deception which they were deceived; practitioners of a snare; a “gospel of a lesser god”.

In the process of persuasion the practitioner is advised-instructed to avoid confrontation/debate with those of the old way of thinking [Jer. 6.16]. This is why all such “Old timers” who resist are rejected from their midst. This NAC [new age church] seeks to change: “It is written “- “It is finished” to “that’s your opinion” or “maybe, maybe not”. The old way greatly offends this new "higher level thinking" because of the absolutes found within its precepts. The new way has made itself “broadly” desirable to the world by its willingness to dialogue with it in music, dress, worship and message.

The faith of the born again believer is in great peril if this “insidious” cancer gains a foothold in his mind.

[i]“Woe to them that devise iniquity, and work evil upon their beds! When the morning is light, they practice it, because it is in the power of their hand.” Micah 2:1 (KJV)

“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness”[/i] Romans 1:18 (NASB-U)

……..Substitute out the word “unrighteousness” for the word “worthlessness”.

The absolutes found in Christ; the Biblical gospel of Himself is an offense to the Christian who is soulish, yet who, still persuaded by some spiritual hunger gnawing at him, will seek to find a compromise whereby he can be made to feel comfortable in his "skin-faith". If the “building of consensus” programs are successful and honest doubt carries the day, faith, however much, or little of it, will evaporate in that individual. As it has been stated by others, it is impossible to have faith in God while retaining “honest doubt” as the new acceptable way to Him. In other words, through dialogue, one is persuaded to dispose of the old taught absolutes in his heart concerning the narrow way to God for relationship with Him. He must be willing to learn to reject the old established doctrines, in order to get along with those who have different, little, or none established in them. Can this be anything but repackaged “Moonism”; go along to get along? Unto what, I ask? Can this be less than what a cult might attempt to snare the unwary/innocent? --- And through commitment to the program the soulish/unwary/innocent willingly enter into this snare that will destroy their faith. [i]"……………….when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8 (NASB-U)

"It would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea, than that he would cause one of these little ones to stumble.[/i] Luke 17:2 (NASB-U)

While keeping the definition of evil to also mean “worthless” or “worthlessness”:

Jesus prayed: John 17:14-21 (KJV)
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word……….

Where is the hate for this new church of the world? There is none. The world loves it because it is of the world and there is no threat to the world. The ways of the world are “worthless”. They have found in this church a willing accomplice in the devilry of soulishness.

The desire of Father: [i]"……………That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me".[/i] John 17:21

Me, You, Jesus and Father are intended, by Him, to be in union. We may perhaps see things differently in the area of homiletics but if we find ourselves at an impasse what must be the solution if all our desire is centered in the pursuit of union with Father? Does not and should not His Love affect us in these matters? How is that love received? If we cannot resolve the issues with His Love we will stifle-quench His Spirit by our own desire to be right. --- And the problem does not lie with Him. It lays in our love to Him that we submit to each other as equals in Him; by walking in the Light as He is in the Light and [i]“Can two walk together, except they be agreed?”[/i] Amos 3:3 (KJV)
………..….Can two walk together if one isn’t walking in the light of the beam from the Throne of Grace?

That which either of us says of the message of the word should never be repulsive to the other unless it crosses over into purposeful error of our understanding of it; something that smacks of agenda; smacks of anti-Christ. This new age thinking “lesser church” seeks to want to change “times and seasons” by its message and the program ridden manipulation of the gospel. Their message of Christ is shallow and the agenda is man [self] centered, of themselves, promoting “worthlessness” to the purposed “becoming sons” of the Father be binding them in soulish aggrandizement---- all in the name of Jesus, but not for His sake.

Assuming what we have taken into ourselves the absolutes of Christ Jesus, are we now to dispose of/adjust them/set them aside in order to get along with each other or on the other hand, from HIS love, learn to embrace them more, submit to one another for Jesus’ sake and for the furthering of our union with Him and the Father, whose absolutes will not deny us? This I see as an upward movement unto Him who, per the great commandment, has set us free if we take His yoke upon us as opposed to putting on the human yoke of consensus building through compromise; the “purpose driven” agenda of promoting “honest doubt” in the minds of the saved and would be saved souls that we all get along. In this process is the perverting/destroying of the understanding of the Kingdom of God, found in Christ through the “impartation” of His life. All of this is substituted out by this “church of a lesser god” that can only give reasons to boast of its success because of the “numbers” of converts it takes into itself, ..in the name of Jesus, mind you.. This is downward movement, away from purposed and ordained union with Father that Jesus said few would enter to. Thus the verse with which Paul admonishes us:

[i]"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ."[/i] Col. 2:8 (NASB-U)

…”principles of the world” = “compromise”.

And then Peter says:

[i] “…. ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light"[/i] 1 Peter 2:9 (KJV)

Indeed, He has called us out, but where is this “peculiar people” to be found in this “new higher thinking” church? Where is the example of peculiar-ness in the music, worship, message, leadership, --- and lives of those who wish to get along to go along but who don’t mention the name of Jesus outside the doors of their lair or even in it, for fear of being, 1#. Found out they have little or no knowledge of Christ; 2#. Convicted of the lack that would prevent them from associating with anyone with more knowledge than they except in a corporate environment where they can hide behind the mask of worship or speak from the pulpit. And last [and these are the few] if they do have a true relationship with the Lord one would never be able to tell because they hide it under a basket for fear of offending as they are told they would do if they revealed the true light within them. Consequently, “fishing stories” are the order of the day out in the lobby instead of “priestly” discussions about the activity of the Lord in our daily lives.

[i]Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.[/i] Jeremiah 6:16 (KJV)

When will we wake up to realize we have strayed far from the old “saving way”; far out of the path of the beam of light from the Throne of Grace?
[i]But, “There is a way which seems right unto a man………….”.[/i] (Proverbs 14:12)
And man, loosed from his moorings to the Rock, will embrace it and the end of it all will be:
[i]"They have not known nor understood: for he hath shut their eyes, that they cannot see; and their hearts, that they cannot understand."[/i] (Isaiah 44:18)

Frightening, this.

[b]I am open for correction in this by concerned brothers.[/b]

Orm

:-(

2006/6/21 13:50
mamaluk

Re: The church of a lesser god

original post deleted by post-er

2006/6/21 14:54Profile

Re:

I re-re-re-edited my post. Re-re-re-reading it may help some who, because of my errors, didn't grasp what I'm meaning to say.

Thanks,
Orm :-?

Thanks mamaluk

2006/6/21 15:29

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy