Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : George Warnock

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

George Warnock

An Honest Question . . .
This is not meant to cause trouble, nor stir cotoversey, OK? :)
But I've noticed that there is quite a large number of sermons by George Warnock on this site. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a big player in the latter rain movement - and I believe his book, "The Feast of Tabernacles", made a huge impact on the movement. I'm not speaking from my own viewpoint for I believe that much of the latter-rain movement was good. (it's a case of eat the meat spit out the bones). I was simply curious as to why it was on this web site which seems to be opposed to much of the "Latter Rain Teaching". Is this a different guy?
Burning,
Jeff

2006/6/20 11:37Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: George Warnock

Quote:
sermons by George Warnock on this site. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he a big player in the latter rain movement

Yes, George Warncock was involved with the latter-rain movement in the early days but left it as he did the sheparding movements and actually alot of his writings are a rebuke to the excesses of the movements, which in the beginning were a genuine move of God. I find Warnock to be very balanced and brings some of the missing elements about the church to light in our modern day situation we find the church at. I encourage people to listen to his materials on the website, perhaps some of his early books has abit of things that might be co-aligned with latter-rain thought but primarly most of his books that I have read really are biblical and sound.

You can visit his new personal site here to read all his works online: http://www.georgewarnock.com

2006/6/20 12:01Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: George Warnock

Brother Greg, thank you for the site, I believe it is new one, because in the past I have searched but I did not find this site.

FireinmyBones1, here you can find answer to your question directly from George Warnock - [url=http://www.georgewarnock.com/reflections.html]Reflection Along The Way[/url]

2006/6/20 20:40Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Thanks guys that answers my question!
God Bless
Jeff

2006/6/23 13:02Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Thanks for the link to the article "Reflections along the way". Very good points made. I have always said that as well - concerning the counterfeit vs. the real. Many of the "apologetic/discernment ministries" that exist in the body today spend so much time studying what they deem as "counterfeit currency" they never take time to give men opportunity to study the real! good points!
God Bless!
JEff

2006/6/23 13:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy