SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Online Bible College Development - Need your input!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
InTheLight how would you feel about offering some of those lessons/courses within this new system?

I'd be happy to do that.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/6/20 19:33Profile
coops

Re: offering courses for free bible college

Quote:
I'd be happy to do that.

Fantastic!

I have just turned 20, and have not yet been to bible college myself. I am working and saving and waiting.

So naturally, I wouldn't qualify myself as the best person to run this whole thing. That's why I'm appealing - with an idea - for help.

Basically, I can set up the infrastructure if people would be keen to come on board and deliver traning.

Having resources available is absolutely fantastic. Thanks so much!

2006/6/20 19:47Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

The level (or depth) I was thinking of would have been equivalent to most Advanced Diplomas, or possibly even bachelors (not sure about this). The two types of people I had in mind were:

Well, when I was working on my Bachelors degree in Christian Ministry, most the books we read were survey level books, usually reading probably about 3-500+ pages per class, depending on the level of the class. Most of them didn't get bogged down in technical information, and tended to be geared towards the basic idea of a passage in Scripture.

For example, we used a lot of Tyndale New Testament Commentaries by InterVarsity Press. These are basic little commentaries that offer just enough information on technical issues, and offer quick comments on passages to give you the general feel of it. They are also very cheap and highly available.

But I suppose you are probably looking to make a site that is more than simply a giant list of bibliographies. I imagine to properly do this, you'll need to get a number of well-versed pastors/teachers to participate with you.

You might also look to make use of recent QuickTime technology that allows audio files to be syncronized with a power-point like presentation that somebody can listen to and watch. For a great example of this, you might check out William Mounce's "Basics of Biblical Greek" CD-ROM attached to the back of the book, where Mounce offers short 10-15 minute lectures, actually taken from his classroom setting, which is also syncronized with a power-point like slide. So long as you have enough storage capacity and bandwidth, you could easily offer such on a web site.

Also, for a place where students and teachers can interact with eachother, you might look into using Blackboard software. Blackboard is the standard software schools use for classes they offer via the internet. It allows one to post grades, hand out assignements, hand out attachments, and has a forum where discussion can occur.

2006/6/20 20:54Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

This may be a little off topic, but I have a desire to start, or help start a School where men(to start) would be able to come for a month or so. It would be an intense time not so much of training, but really praying, and learning the basics of different aspects of the faith.
It would be more of a "spiritual" school than anything else. But this would I suppose also go hand in hand with another thing I am praying about which is an American version of G.F.A. where we would use native missionaries here in the ole USA. These men and women would be sponsored by congregations or individuals with the emphasis on reaching those who are not being reached.
The school would probably be set near a large city somewhere, so that on the weekends open-air, and evengelistic meetings could be done so people would be trained by really going out and doing it. Then Monday-Friday there would be duties around the premises, studies etc..
Whadda you guys think?

2006/6/20 21:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Awesome idea Greg! You could set up some lecture/lab type courses with the sermons or articles from the likes of Ray Stedman, Zac Poonen, and Chuck Smith et al as the lecture portion and then an online lesson as the lab portion.

Yes, I do want it to be quality so it would be the best online free bible school courses offered and at the end there would be a certificate given, I was thinking of making it a 1 year certification course (of course the certificate would be given by sermonindex and have no academic value). So if it was 40 credits to graduate for the 2 semesters involved fulltime or just slowly gaining courses, and I would want to have it so that there are many electives to choose so maybe 60 credit hours of courses to choose with some mandatory courses. Offering alot of courses on revival history, revival theology, and other restoration themes of Christianity would be the main purpose of the school.

Of course this is alot of work to produce something of value and at this time I am not going to pursue this but it has been in my mind and I have seen successful models such as Ray Comfort's school online which I think it is a great simple model for this.

Quote:
This may be a little off topic, but I have a desire to start, or help start a School where men(to start) would be able to come for a month or so. It would be an intense time not so much of training, but really praying, and learning the basics of different aspects of the faith.

Brother, I have heard another minister with this vision also to have some property in the woods or off away somewhere and have a bunch of young believers to take a month out of their summer to come and seek the Lord! a spiritual bootcamp! I think that is very needed, I call it "discipleship" but also having a emphasis on prayer is awesome. Ravenhill said in a sermon it would be great to have a school just for "prayer!" that has always been hidden in my heart. If there was ever a property were sermonindex could reside and run the website and encoding, tape ministry section of it, but also faciliate room for having people come to seek the Lord in this fashion is definetly something I would be keen to be involved in. I am still praying for that property, I don't have any money for a down payment :-P but Rees Howell's did pray into existence the large house and bible college he ran! Oh God raise up in us faith to be used by you, the God of impossibilities.

Quote:
I am praying about which is an American version of G.F.A.

I know of a pastor "Jon Courson" in Orgeon that has a intense 3 month discipleship time with 20 people, here is their rough schedule as far as I know:

6-8am personal time with the Lord
9am-2pm Instruction, teaching 5 hours with Jon Courson
2-7pm seeking the Lord in prayer, etc

So basically they seek the Lord 4-5 horus in prayer everyday and 4-5 hours of teaching in the word! 3 months of that! thats radical. His church is called applegate in Orgeon. I was able to visit it and was extremely blessed by the experience.

2006/6/20 21:45Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Jon Courson is an amazing brother. I have had the priveledge to know him for a couple years, and he is truly a godly guy.
As for a Sermonindex house, there are some wonderful places in Idaho. Calvary Chapel Boise has a prayer retreat house in Garden Valley Idaho. It is beautiful there, trees, streams even horses. Plus the cost for land is not as outragous as some places especially here in Santa Cruz. There is a retreat center that is for sale here, and it is in the mountains surrounded by redwoods. Actually there are four Conference grounds within minutes away from our house. There is even a prayer and fasting house. Perhaps we could look into one fro the SI annual conference? :-P

2006/6/20 22:01Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There is even a prayer and fasting house. Perhaps we could look into one fro the SI annual conference?

Well if there was a property, I would see definetly a yearly conference at the least and a school of prayer of sorts, etc. Revival book library... but God definetly has to provide.

2006/6/20 22:13Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Perhaps we could commit it to prayer and see how the LORD moves, or if HE does. Maybe ask the family here at SI to join in.

2006/6/20 22:15Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
You may want to contact Ron Bailey (Philologos) because I believe he is working on something similar to this, he may be able to give you some helpful input.

This is the current stage of our site. Follow the instructions on the [url=http://biblebase.blogspot.com/]biblebase blog[/url] on the wiki driven life and you will see how we are thinking. I think linkage has a great potential.

2006/7/12 7:50Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Some years ago I was involved in a small residential 'bible school' that we called 'The Church Life School'. We invited young pastors and evangelists, most from overseas, to spend 6 months with us in the experience of 'church'. We spent the mornings in study on a variety of topics. Most of the students had English as a second language so we took things fairly slowly. I plan to try to get some of the sessions online and have made a brief start.

If you are interested in some basic teaching on the Word of God, Attitudes to the Word of God, Studying the Word of God, Meditating on the Word of God... you might be interested to take a look at [url=http://wiki.biblebase.com/index.php/The_Bible:_Inspiration_and_Interpretation]The BB Online Bible School.[/url] At present the printed handouts are not online but I trust to make them available as soon as possible. If you find it of any value please copy it freely.

2006/7/27 15:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy