SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What happens when children pray?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 What happens when children pray?

I took this from another forum: www.consuming-fire.us

---

Listen to this and weep over your suffocating indifference over our nation and souls!!!

Kids Praying for Revival and Repentance over this nation.

Catch up you babes in Christ put away carnality, because Jesus is perfecting praise out of the mouth of babes!

Watch the video now:
http://livedigital.com/content/52110/

2006/6/19 18:46Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: What happens when children pray?

Wow,I only hope to show my children how to be this dedicated to the Lord.

2006/6/20 16:11Profile
irunbarefoot

Re:

Incredible

________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."

2006/6/24 8:50Profile
Koinonia2

USA

I actually found this video to be quite disturbing.... I am not sure how others would feel about it.

2006/6/24 22:09Profile

This is a video of a soundtrack which first came to the attention of SI from fireonthealtar. A few days before Greg posted this thread, someone else also posted the link (to the video) and Christisking noted the previous discussion, in which others also had expressed their concerns.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6924&forum=35]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6924&forum=35[/url]

2006/6/25 5:27
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

brethren
i've listened to a bit of this video and seen the comments on the discussion which sis dorcas put up a link to and i have a question. there were some who thought it disturbing/freaky or in some way negative. some voiced concerns of pedohpiles getting hold of the video, or that children should not feel such things etc.

i wonder though if perhaps we shield our children too much so that they grow up like "other kids" whose standard are we using, the Lord's or the world's to determine how our children grow and what they ought and ought not do? the word says we ourselves ought to be as children to receive the things of God, it seems to me that children would be more receptive to Him than we would be. the word also admonishes us as parents to train our children up in the way that they should go and they will not leave the path. i think our Lord is showing us something here. are we who are older as dilligent in our prayers, as dedicated as these? if not perhaps another source of dipleasure at this may be we feel convicted and know we need to get off or rear ends. or maybe as parents we're not as diligent as we ought to be in training up our children. if they are children of Christians, should they not be different from the children of the heathen in the world? or maybe we don't trust the Lord enough with the children He gave us to watch over them and keep them from harm?or maybe we don't trust that all things (whether we consider them bad of good) work together for His glory which is our benefit since we are called according to His purpose?

there is something about children...my daughter turns 2 in august. when she gets up whoever goes to get her (Assuming she doesn't climb out the crib to find us) prays with her in the morning, in fact she'll say "pray" at this time, before she eats and when we put her to bed.i must confess that at first when she'd say "pray" and often after we finish she's say it again, that i'd be a bit irritated and not humour her. in time the Lord dealt with me about it such that now whenever she does say pray, i pray with her. she'll pray herself sometimes, not sure what she's saying but i'm sure our Lord understands.

i suppose children have a unique perspective and awareness of God untainted by the cares of the world. i think it a good thing if children were so devoted to the Lord. As for any concerns what we may have, surely the Lord knows them all and the ones we're not aware of also? who among us as ever had a concern in his/her life which our heavenly Father was unaware of? every danger which comes form being a part of this Faith has been has been considered by the Father, yet nothing can separate us from His love in Christ Jesus, no height depth, angel nor demon, tribulation nor death itself can separate us. and then the word says ALL things work together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. i praise God for this very thing!

2006/6/25 23:16Profile

Ironman,

That was a very thoughtful response. I also prayed with my children at meals and bedtime, until they were well into primary school.

Quote:
i wonder though if perhaps we shield our children too much so that they grow up like "other kids" whose standard are we using, the Lord's or the world's to determine how our children grow and what they ought and ought not do?

Certainly your point about 'whose standard are we using' is a valid one. I tended to discuss many of the issues which seemed problematic to me, with them, so they understood I was thinking about their requests, and not just saying 'no' without a reason.

There are many survival skills I think we should give our children, such as swimming, riding a bike, speaking clearly, reading and music, understanding money and general knowledge experiences, which will play into their education for the rest of their lives.

However, they are children. There is plenty of time for them to be bearing adult responsibilities later - as adults. It is far more important to give them what children need to grow up (unconditional love, nurture, permission to fail, creative and other opportunities to excel), than to lay on them the burden which the adults in their lives should be bearing.

Of course children are keen to grow up, and will eat anything you offer them which is labeled 'reserved for grown ups'. This is how many end up in serious sin.... because adults who should have understood their innocence and helped them keep it as long as possible, either don't know where the boundaries are (themselves) or, don't know why the boundaries they know about should be observed.

Have you ever had an adult (Christian) ask you why fornication is wrong? I have. I have to confess, also, that I had worked very hard to understand the answer for myself, because there had been a time when I didn't know either.

My point is, that if Chrstians are hazy at heart over this kind of thing, they won't notice many other spiritual issues which arise from being put in charge of a group of children, where many and various boundaries really do matter. If we can't 'see' these for the spiritual effects on the negative side, then perhaps our concept of the positive side is also three sheets to the wind.

The time was when every baby wore the same kind of clothes until they were 6 months old. Now, they are in gender-specific outfits from birth. This is just one tiny example of how we may be missing the mark on what is really important to a baby.... and so it goes on.

Did that sound like a rant? It is not meant to. I would never want to hold back a child who had received the Lord, and knew His voice and calling, but, it must be easy to make a whole bunch of kids feel they have to identify with the leaders somehow, rather than being nurtured into their own unique relationship with God.

I'm sure Diane could have something to say about peer pressure, more authoritatively than I, but, I recognise it from other stages in my life. In church, it ....um ..... well,... I want to say 'it stinks'..... but, you might be shocked at that. Not sure I can say anything which conveys my meaning better, though. Surely, we can protect our kids from such basic devices?

2006/6/26 12:51
Compton

Re:

I remember this audio well.

My main objection was not to a simple event, but to the admiration we were giving these emotional displays...especially among children. Not only children but also adults need to know the difference between spiritual maturity and emotional enthusiasm.

Quote:
are we who are older as dilligent in our prayers, as dedicated as these?

There is no evidence of diligence or dedication in this audio. Instead what we have is a momentary but deeply expressed emotional state. The recording does not reveal what happened next week or next year in the life of these children. If in 10 to 20 years these same young people grow into mature Christians then we can attibute diligence and dedication to their characters. Real Christian diligence means years of staying the course, and our modern portrayal of revival as a rapid explosion of spiritual maturity does a real disservice to the development of the character in these young people.

If our children find themselves under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, then who are we to censure this? However, if our desperate belief in emotional displays begin to mold and shape their young personalities, wouldn't we be producing just the latest generation of shallow and unfruitful spiritual enthusiasts? Don't we have enough super spiritual Christians who see visions and cry tears in church services, and live unaffected lives through out the week?

Although emotion nevers empowers a Christian to overcome, we unstable adults are convincing our children that strong emotion and not strong character is the evidence of spiritual power and life.

These are just a few of my concerns about extolling this audio as a benchmark for us to follow. As a special event it's perhaps commendable, but if we are routinely encouraging our children into this severe emotional condition, then we are distracted and negligent to their true spiritual development and perhaps forming deeper instability on a psychological level. (edit:imo)

MC

2006/6/26 13:45Profile
My_Daughter

Re:

Have you ever had an adult (Christian) ask you why fornication is wrong? I have. I have to confess, also, that I had worked very hard to understand the answer for myself, because there had been a time when I didn't know either…

(Yes)! This is so good, thanks for bringing this up. We have many Christians both men and women in the church who at one time or another though of themselves as being Saved, because they held the title of a “Christian”. Yes they were Christians because they believed, but that alone did not assure there salvation.

Why fornication is wrong? This is my perception of it. We all fall short of his glory, and we sin Yes we sin in many ways. When you know that something is wrong and you do it anyway or say it, it’s Sin. The bible speaks about sin that does not lead to death, and then you have THE Sin that will lead you to death, I believe it’s fornication.

When you sin in this area, you sin against your own body, and therefore leading towards death.

You begin to deal with condemnation, quilt, unforgivenss, ect. You loose sight of who you are, who God intended for you to be, and how he in tented for you walk, in the light bearing the fruits of his Spirit.

Your body is the temple of the HOLY SPIRIT, where he has come to “Abide”.

Not only this, but during fornication / sex out of marriage, yes you do – you engage in intimacy with everyone that that individual was involved with in the past. You then have to deal with the Soul Tie.

What is Soul Tie, I’m glad you asked:

This link will give you a Great understanding of what a Soul Tie, Is
http://www.breakingfree.us/ungodly_soul_ties.html

The word of God says “when we commit sexual immorality, we are sinning against our own body.” This is where “ungodly soul ties” are made. When a man and woman comes together in a sexual relationship, there is a bonding and there is a tearing. A piece of that man’s soul cleaves to the woman, and a piece of the woman’s soul cleaves to the man. This will occur even if it was just a “one night stand.” Many people, including some in the church, have left pieces of themselves all over the world. We are created in the image and likeness of God, and when Satan can get us to sin against our own body, it is an affront to God.

Now, you can develop a Soul Tie with someone by just speaking to them all the time, via phone or intranet/internet, but this particular Soul Tie, is one that will bring about confusion and deception.

You begin to think in your mind before you begin to feel it in your heart that you are in love with this person, but you are not. It is a Soul Tie, and if you ever want to experience the TRUTH, you must be set free from this. It takes a lot of prayer and fasting, closing of door’s, Vow’s that you will not have any physical contact until you are married. It takes you wanting desiring enough is enough, I have made up my mind that no longer will I continue allow Satan to lie to me, I am worth much more then this, and I deserve to be respected but you must begin to respect yourself and love yourself enough to say No, I am waiting on God and I don’t care how long it takes, 6-7-8 years I am waiting on God for his best and his perfect will.

Now this could also mean not kissing someone until you are at the Alter, if that’s what it takes for you to remain pure. You know what your weakness are and the area where you are tempted the most, so don’t go there.

It takes you wanting desiring enough is enough, I have made up my mind that no longer will I continue to allow Satan to lie to me, I am worth much more then this, and I deserve to be respected, but you must begin to respect yourself and love yourself enough to say No! I am waiting on God and I don’t care how long it takes, 6-7-8 years I am waiting on God for his best and his perfect will.

Just a glimpse but I hope it helps you.

2006/6/26 14:38Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis Dorcas

Quote:
There are many survival skills I think we should give our children, such as swimming, riding a bike, speaking clearly, reading and music, understanding money and general knowledge experiences, which will play into their education for the rest of their lives.

very true indeed and i agree.

Quote:
However, they are children. There is plenty of time for them to be bearing adult responsibilities later - as adults. It is far more important to give them what children need to grow up (unconditional love, nurture, permission to fail, creative and other opportunities to excel), than to lay on them the burden which the adults in their lives should be bearing.

i agree again but at what stage then should we start to teach them about the Faith? do we wait for them to hit 18/21 or what? :-? the word says to train them up in the way they should go which seems to me to get them going in the ways of God from when they are young. if they desire, or should i say if the Lord leads them to delve deeper then obviously we ought to let Him have His way. then also because they are children of Christians they ought to be different from other kids in all aspects because they are children of the called of God.

Quote:
Of course children are keen to grow up, and will eat anything you offer them which is labeled 'reserved for grown ups'. This is how many end up in serious sin.... because adults who should have understood their innocence and helped them keep it as long as possible, either don't know where the boundaries are (themselves) or, don't know why the boundaries they know about should be observed.

indeed this is also true, we ought to know when the Lord says "ok stop here." and also we ought not to stop teaching them when we think it convenient or uncomfortable unless the Lord says so. i say this because at this stage we should know well enough when the Lord is speaking to us.

although i would wonder, who sets the boundaries or rather whose standard are we using as far as the boundaries are concerned? if we're using the world's standards then our children will surely cause God and us much anguish. in looking around today i see a lot of kids who didn't have anyone to minister to them the things of God and they're just out there acting crazy. then there are some also who have been forcefed these things by parents who sought to glorify themselves rather than God and as a result the spirit in which they ministered to their children (though factually correct) misreprented the Lord. so we ought to be wary of the spirit in which we train our children up too.

Quote:
Did that sound like a rant? It is not meant to. I would never want to hold back a child who had received the Lord, and knew His voice and calling, but, it must be easy to make a whole bunch of kids feel they have to identify with the leaders somehow, rather than being nurtured into their own unique relationship with God.

if the Lord has called them from an early age (for instance i'm reminded of samuel, john the baptist was called from the womb i think) then we ought not stand in the Lord's way.

Quote:
I'm sure Diane could have something to say about peer pressure, more authoritatively than I, but, I recognise it from other stages in my life. In church, it ....um ..... well,... I want to say 'it stinks'..... but, you might be shocked at that. Not sure I can say anything which conveys my meaning better, though. Surely, we can protect our kids from such basic devices?

peer pressure stinks! i think though in protecting our children from such, we ought to raise them right to begin with. keeping them in the Lord's ways as He leads.

2006/6/26 18:24Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy