SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ezekiel 16/Sodom's Sisters

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Ezekiel 16/Sodom's Sisters

I posted something on this once before. I almost don't know where to begin.

Some of you do not live in America where the gospel is running out our ears (church on every corner, gospel on every radio, TV, etc...) A few months ago, the Lord gave my daughter and I a dream on the very same night. She dreamed one part of Ezekiel 16 and I, the other. The Lord took great care to make sure we knew it was from Ezekiel 16.

What I dreamt about was the harlotry, adultry, and the daughter following the mother in this. Arielle dreamt about "exposing their nakedness". We knew for sure when in Ezekiel it states , "they will quote the Proverb about you, "Like Mother, like daughter".

After much prayer and consideration, I sent out a message out to people about this.

In Ezekiel 16, Ezekiel is speaking to His own people here, Judah, His chosen people. He is warning them that if they don't stop this adultry, harlotry, pride, etc... He will expose their nakedness. He says they are worse than Sodom and her sisters- that they make Sodom look righteous because of their adultry and pride, etc...

Last night I went onto David Wilkerson's site to check out some of his sermon from 2001. I saw "Sodom's Sisters" and it looked familiar. I listened and was shocked! This was almost 3 years ago. He said that he wanted to bring an uplifting message but that he ended up in Ezekiel 16. And he preached on the "pride" of America! It was a serious warning!

I believe that not only is Ezekiel 16 a warning to America- but to the church in America. His own people. That is who He was speaking to in Ezekiel- His own people.

I am not aware of what the state of Christianity is in some countries. They seem to me to be more sincere than American Christians- I don't know.

I am trembling that the Lord is trying to make such a bold statement- not only through Wilkerson, but through my dream- and probably others throughout the USA. Who knows, maybe He has given this to someone in every city, every state- I'm not sure. But the message needs to get out!

I am so sad for the Lord because He grieves over His people whom He loves but they refuse to Love him back with their whole heart. They go prostituting themselves with money, materialism, addictions (food, drugs, comfort). If you think of the reasons why Sodom was destroyed - pride, fullness of food, and an abundance of idleness- that is America (and many of her Christians) to the hilt!

This is not my first dream like this- people (Christians, i believe) given over to the pleasures of this world. Some day these things will run out and then people will call on Him and He may not answer. They chose comfort, materialism, food, drugs (presciption/non), over Him in broad daylight.

I will not go on about this. Wilkerson's sermon is excellent- yet I believe it reaches farther than just "America" in general. I believe He is talking to His own people. I believe it is more than just pride- but giving ourselves over to other "loves". What we think we can't live without, what we refuse to give up.

To read my posts about Ezekiel 16:
http://injesus.com/Groups/ViewMessage.cfm?MessageId=FA007TRM&UCD=bxn

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/10 13:46Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Ezekiel 16/Sodom's Sisters

Indeed, a good sermon, especially the prophecy he gives on those churches that preach the prosperity gospel.

2004/1/10 19:57Profile
Alexis

Cyprus

Re:

I'm actually also reading Ezekiel and have read that chapter a few days ago. I sort of got the same feelings about how those chapters are really speaking to today's church. In fact those chapters have been very strengthening to me personally and if I remember right 'Ezekiel' means 'He strengthens'. I also felt like a lot more Ezekiels are needed today to stand up against what is going on in His body. In addition to that I also felt God was challenging me, as a believer who is not really being persecuted, to spend time praying for the persecuted church as if I were being persecuted with them (Heb 13:3). Not only for their sake but also for ours. I'm not too sure about how to interpret the parable of the ten virgins but it says that all 10 virgins slept when the bridegroom came.
You can receive weekly updates on how the church is being persecuted by subscribing to www.persecution.com (Voice of Martyrs) - a weekly newsletter.

2004/1/10 20:13Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

I also want to share that I read ezekiel 16 3-4 times , before 2 weeks.
I connect this with the prophet Hosea, the same think. I was amazed when I read in chapter 3 first verse " Then said the LORD unto me, Go yet, love a woman beloved of her friend, yet an adulteress, according to the love of the LORD toward the children of Israel, who look to other gods, and love flagons of wine."

Even what is going on , God is ready to accept us if we repent, how big is His love, that's amazed me and gives me strenght, to know that God loves me, but He doesnt want the sin in us. How sad is He about this, He gives us everything and we still run away from Him.
I am not american (I live far away from USA), but I am witness how the evil and bad things come from USA, materialisam, sexual freedom, drugs, and the young people here want to be like americans, to have freedom for sin. Here now is happening what was happening in USA 10 years ago, I was shocked when I saw one big billboard in the centar of town and it says "Promoting the rights of homosexuals" and it says its sponsored by the ambasady of USA, you know these stuffs are still not developed like in west countries, but it comes here with big speed. Sodom!
It is fact that america is blessed country but is this a way that americans should return to God? But not only america everywhere is the same.
Shall we continue to make His heart sad ,shall we continue to return Him on this way?

2004/1/11 8:59Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Tears of Joy, thank you for sharing this. I feel terrible about America's influence on other countries when it comes to spreading sin. Americans think that all countries look up to us because of our prosperity. Prosperity may just be our downfall.

Everyone, mainly Christians always qoutes "if my people who are called by My name will turn from their wicked way, etc... I will heal their land. They have been quoting this since 9-11.

It is not helping one bit because everyone is quoting it AT their neighbor- not themselves. They think it's everyone else around them that needs to turn from their wicked ways. They think it's the sinners in the streets that need to turn from their wicked ways. It says "MY people who are called by MY NAME" will turn. No one wants to look in their own hearts.

God have mercy on us. Forgive Your own people for what we do. For what we speak with our lips, we do not do in our own hearts.

2004/1/11 10:35Profile
moreofHim

Re: sodom's sister/ezekiel 16

Two nights ago, I had a dream about this particular passage again. Ezekiel 16:44-52 (It it pretty much describes all of chapter 16 summed up)

Quote:
"Indeed everyone who quotes proverbs will use this proverb against you: 'Like mother, like daughter!' You are your mother's daughter, loathing husband and children; and you are the sister of your sisters, who loathed their husbands and children; your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite. Your elder sister is Samaria, who dwells with her daughters to the north of you; and your younger sister, who dwells to the south of you, is Sodom and her daughters. You did not walk in their ways nor act according to their abominations; but, as if that were too little, you became more corrupt than they in all your ways. As I live," says the Lord God, "neither your sister Sodom nor her daughters have done as you and your daughters have done. Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit. Samaria did not commit half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters by all the abominations which you have done. You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs; they are more righteous than you. Yes, be disgraced also, and bear your own shame, because you justified your sisters.

Especially after reading Mr.Contentment and listening to The Lion of Judah (thanks Doug for that link) what really stands out to me even more than before is:

Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had [b]pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.[/b] And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me;

In my dream I saw that it was the parents that were allowing this to be taught to their children. That there was nothing shameful in our nakedness as the body of Christ. Much of our nakedness is that we are [b]spiritual poor[/b] while we are materially rich.

Quote:
Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked-- I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Rev. 3:17-18

(Mike, I am also wondering if this has anything to do with your dream also since it was on the same night.)

"Do you know that Ezekiel speaks in terms of cities having "daughters". Today we call these smaller unwalled cities "suburbs". Suburbanites, and especially suburban Christians, neglect their core cities to their peril. Ezekiel points out that one of the reasons for Sodom's fiery judgement was it's arrogant neglect of the poor in spite of it's incredible wealth. The same was true for jerusalem." ~The Word in Life Study Bible

Ezekiel 16 also deals with their idolatry even though they are God's people.

Many things to think about and consider. Help us Lord!

In Christ, chanin

2004/4/28 11:05Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: A sobering word

Wow, I've got to read this tonight. I wonder why much of the so-called "church" has lost its heart for the poor (the hurting, needy, etc.). You know most people treat these folks worse than their pets. It's an abomination to God. I have to ask myself that same question and God says something like this to me: "Ed sometimes you have My heart and othertimes you're blind to all of the hurting people around you. You need to have My heart toward others."

Yes, I feel convicted indeed, particularly about the poor and needy. Thanks Chanin for giving us something to pray and meditate on.

Father, search our hearts and remove this complacency in our hearts. We know you're not a respector of persons but oh how soon we forget it.
Give us Godly sorrow and a willingness to turn to follow you (i.e. true repentance). Amen...

Ed

2004/4/28 16:14Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy