SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Trying to Tread Tenderly

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: Trying to Tread Tenderly

Quote:
Now the complete new Nature of our Father in the Seed of [u]His Son is birthed in us by His Spirit [b]that is now our new birthright, son's of God[/b][/u].

Amen! I think there is an act of faith involved in receiving this truth and beginning to live as if we believe it. The matter of having the character of Christ worked into our thinking and doing, as we practise righteousness ('do' the truth - 1 John 1:6) is what conforms us to His image (Rom 12:2).

Quote:
How can we a most miserable, sinful, no good, forgetting about God, and only concerned about our selves being "as god's," ever understand this Grace of the Father.

Phillip, I loved this sentence! You have catured so much of our struggle, perfectly!

Quote:
It is a long and [b]tedious work, but well worth it[/b] [u]and God has promised He will never give up on us, especially now that we have all that He is as The Father of His Son born again in us[/u], who now have Jesus Christ as our own, both birthed [b]and legally adopted and fellow heirs with Jesus Christ to the Father's Family. More WOW[/b]!

Amen! 8-)

2006/6/25 5:18

OK Logic... Here we go. This is what you suggested:

'I have a boss, and my boss has a boss who is also meried to the owner.

The line of authority or chain of command is this
(Note: not saying that my flesh is the most of who I am)
Me - My flesh
The company and building - My haert
My boss - My soul
mind - My opperations manager
CEO - My spirit
God - My Owner & Creator

The fleash is a lacky, does what ever it is told and gives plesure to whom comands it.

God owns it all and is the High commander & Creator. My spirit is the CEO, God and my spirit should be in constant communication. They are also merried to each other to make the bond even stronger.
However, my spirit gives all authority to the soul because he knows the company through and through, like the back of his hand.

My mind could even tell the spirit when a thing can be done because he is in charge of that opperation.'

Quote:
My spirit is the CEO, God and my spirit should be in constant communication. They are also merried to each other to make the bond even stronger.

This is good (I think).
Quote:
However, my spirit gives all authority to the soul because he knows the company through and through, like the back of his hand.

Now, this is where I think you're skipping over the executive power of the [i]will[/i]. According to this outline, you still have a faculty in reserve which enables you to make the decision to delegate an important function such as the exercise of full authority. Earlier, you said the spirit controlled the soul, and I agree with that more....
Quote:
My mind could even tell the spirit when a thing can be done because he is in charge of that opperation.

Here, I also disagree. I believe the spirit has much more to do with what the mind thinks, than the other way round.

Paul regularly reminds people of the need for the mind to be [u]renewed[/u], and exhorts them to embrace the necessary process. :-?

Whereas we are [i]given[/i] a new spirit. I realise the New Covenant promise also says He will write His law in our minds, so we will each know that we [u]know the Lord[/u] for ourselves.

2006/6/25 19:32
Logic

Re:

dorcas wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now, this is where I think you're skipping over the executive power of the will. According to this outline, you still have a faculty in reserve which enables you to make the decision to delegate an important function such as the exercise of full authority. Earlier, you said the spirit controlled the soul, and I agree with that more....

The will is not an entity ast the other parts are.

The will must come from God and to our spirit.
If we let our soul take command, we will have fruit unto death.
[b]Romans 8:5-7[/b] [color=990000]For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.[/color]
Quote:
Quote:
My mind could even tell the spirit when a thing can be done because he is in charge of that opperation.

Here, I also disagree. I believe the spirit has much more to do with what the mind thinks, than the other way round.

Our mind is the cognative part of our being like reasoning, and must be trained in the scripurtes to know the word of GOD.
This is how God brings verses to our minds.

God loves a just balance and we must be ballanced in our whole being.

2006/6/25 20:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Romans 8:15-16 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

The first spirit of bondage is our old father Satan's spirit.

The second Spirit is the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry Abba, Father. As Christ said Pray this way, Our Father, this Spirit is the Spirit of Christ birthed in us.

The third Spirit is The Holy Spirit the one that bears witness with our spirit, this last spirit should not be rendered spirit without the acknowledgement that is is the human soul. a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc.
(which is)4151. pneuma
Search for G4151 in KJVSL
pneuma pneuma pnyoo'-mah

from 4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc.

This Third Spirit is the Holy Spirit teaching our (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc. who the Spirit of Adoption, Jesus Christ is and where He dwells.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

We are the firstfruits with Christ, the Spirit of Christ in us thus adopted in Spirit and son's of God, and waiting for the final phase of our adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

The Holy Spirit teaches our spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc.

The Spirit of Christ in us tells the Holy Spirit what to teach us. John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: So our Spirit which is Christ's Spirit tells the Holy Spirit what to teach our soul-spirit, again i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc.

This is the clincher, our Spirit is the Spirit of Christ and The Holy Spirit teaches our soul that which Christ tell Him to teach us.

John 16:12-14 I (JESUS) have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, (JESUS) and shall shew it unto you.

"Shew" 312. anaggello
Search for G312 in KJVSL
anaggellw anaggello an-ang-el'-lo

from 303 and the base of 32; to announce (in detail):--declare, rehearse, report, show, speak, tell.

The Holy Spirit will tell us what Jesus Christ wants us to know. Holy Spirit receives from Jesus Christ and we receive from the Holy Spirit our Teacher Comforter, who give us the power of God and does all the Spiritual Work on this earth.

John 16:7-8 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

In Christ: Phillip

2006/6/25 23:55Profile

Hi Logic,

I hope you know the scheme by which you're working!

I think I must be misunderstanding what you meant in the post I quoted to which you have replied here. I thought your business model was what you meant [i]should[/i] happen.

Now I'm wondering if the way you described things, is the way you think it is before salvation, and that this hierarchy [i]needs to be [u]changed[/u][/i], to comply with God's commands. Please could you clarify for me?

Here is an example of my confusion. In your original statement you said

Quote:
However, my spirit gives all authority to the soul

Please compare this with your last post where you said
Quote:

I don't know how you reconcile these two statements. :-?

Please sort me out!

2006/6/26 4:41
Logic

Re:

dorcas wrote:

Quote:
However, my spirit gives all authority to the soul

Please compare this with your last post where you said
Quote:

I don't know how you reconcile these two statements.
Oops, I shouldn't say spirit gives all authority to the soul; scratch that, please. :-?

Thanx for pointing my mistake out for me. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that part.
Quote:
Now I'm wondering if the way you described things, is the way you think it is before salvation, and that this hierarchy needs to be changed, to comply with God's commands. Please could you clarify for me?

This is the way it should be after salvation because our spirit is alive and merrird to Christs' Spirit.

Before we are saved our spirit is dead and out of the picture and the Spirit of Christ is not moving us nor can we here Him.

2006/6/26 16:05Profile

Hi Logic and Phillip,

Sorry I haven't got back here. Next couple of days are going to be real busy for me, but I hope next week, to post again, as I had a really interesting conversation with a dear brother about what it means to love the Lord with all your heart and soul and strength. (We didn't talk about the mind, yet, but we are both convinced of the reality of Jesus, in our minds.) I feel as if I understand the differences better, now.

2006/6/28 9:16

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy