Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Homeless Shelter Cell Group

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Homeless Shelter Cell Group

Hey Guys,

Be in prayer for me please.

At my church for some time now, we have run a homeless shelter outreach, whereby once a month we go serve food and do some evangelistic preaching. In addition to this, every Sunday we run our church van out there and bring about 20 people back for our Sunday morning services.

However, due to a number of factors, we aren't able to get them to church in time for Sunday school, nor can they come on Wednesday nights for some of our more in-depth teachings. And if any people are in need of a deeper understanding of God's word, they are. Be in prayer for me, for it seems God is opening a door for effectual service whereby I will have the chance to come to the homeless shelter once a week and conduct in-depth Bible studies.

2006/6/18 15:55Profile
Nellie

Re: Homeless Shelter Cell Group

THis is great what you are doing.
Reaching out to those who can't contribute anything other than themselves.
We need more people like you in the Body of Christ.

I minister at the local Nursing Homes, only through Christ Jesus.
Even though I know this is what God wants me to do, I still have a problem getting them out of my mind , when I get Home.

The poor are often neglected by the Body of Christ.
There are a lot of people who think that God doesn't save the Elderly.
I know He is no respect of Persons, and He can save the Homeless and Elderly, the same way He saved us, Through the Blood of Jesus, His Son.

May He give you the words to minister to these dear people.

God Bless you.
Nellie

2006/6/18 19:17Profile
mary0418

Re: Homeless Shelter Cell Group

Hi,

This is a great thing- to go on a weekly basis to help the homeless.

Me and a group of friends are going into the inner city and feeding and preaching the Word to the homeless and downtrodden. It has been SUCH a blessing- I think just as much for us if not more than it is for them. It has quickly become the highlight of my week. It's great because we really get to know them and we are more able to talk to them and to disciple them.

I'll cetainly be in prayer for you- It's great- enjoy it! It will really bless you!

Mary

2006/6/18 19:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy