Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Things I miss

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Things I miss

The quiet contemplation on the Lord's presense in a breaking of bread service. Just listening to the Spirit of God with a deep sense of reverance and fear of the holiness and preciousness of our God.

Open ministry, when anyone who was touched with a burning fire and zeal for God in their hearts could come forward and share the word. It cut like a knife many times, it burst through the apathy and opened up hearts.

How about you, what do you miss ?

2006/6/14 3:16Profile

Re: Things I miss

I miss openness and honesty. A speaking truth in love. Hearts joined in the seeking of the Lord.

Walk

2006/6/14 3:32
Tash

South Africa

Re: Things i miss

A childlike faith towards our Lord. Looking up towards HIm. We have become so independent from the Lord.

2006/6/14 3:45Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re:

Hi Tash and Walkington,

You know what I love about this thread. It makes me think of Moses and how God heard the secret prayers of his heart. I am enthusiastic and believe that God is going to help us find many of these missing things.

In Christ,
Aeryck

2006/6/14 5:31Profile
mamaluk

Re:

Dear saints,
Yes, indeed He will, but I have a feeling He's
providing some of these missing things for us in Christ on this Forum little by little already, even though we are miles and miles apart.

Please join me in appreicating Ps 23:
" The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want..........surely goodness and mercy shall follow me (us) all the days of my (our) life.."

What assurance ! Praise Him !

2006/6/14 15:43Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: in Him

Thanks Mamaluk,

I really appreciated that meditation on Ps. 23 It is my early morning wake up, well most mornings, I try not to be to ritualistic about quiet times with Jesus.

I was thinking about this thread and the following passages out of Colossians came to mind. They are on the door to the vanity closet in our bathroom, and always jump up and smack me in the beek regularly...

'Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:'

Colossians 2:8-10

In Him,
Aeryck

2006/6/15 15:28Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re:

Sunday evening Gospel services where the preaching of the Word is not followed by the endless altar call.

Hearing the testimonies of people who have been saved by the miracle of regeneration, and not under the effects of the high emotion, business corporate church growth technique, of the emergent conversational style gospel.

2006/6/20 15:40Profile
KrisKat

Re:

I miss fiery sermons and those powerful traditional hymns.

2006/6/28 12:44Profile
mamaluk

Re:

yeah, me too, in person though, not just on audios or videos :)

2006/6/28 12:54Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I agree with KrisKat. I miss the fire.

2006/6/28 17:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy