Discussion Forum : General Topics : A NO-KNOWLEDGE Critigue of Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

Graftedbranc wrote:
Quote:
Grafted, Do you believe there are or were any righteous folk, gentiles who never heard of Jesus and Jews who lived before the cross?

God has always had His people. From Seth to Noah, to Abraham, Issac, and Jacob, Joseph, to the Nation of Isreal.

Even Adam and Eve were justified through faith in the promised Seed of the Woman who would bruise Satans's head which Seed is Christ.

God has forever had one way of salvation, that is thrugh faith. IN the Old testament, it was through faith in the comming Christ and now it is through faith in the Christ who has come.

In the Old Testament He was pictured in shadow, type, figure, and prophecy. He is the reality of the sacrafices, the reality of the Temple, the reality of the Tabernacle, etc.

IN the New Testament He is revealed in the flesh, crucified for our sins and raised from the dead, ascended to the right hand of God and indwelling us in our spirit.

Has anyone ever been saved apart from Christ? No, because the Lord Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the Life and no one comes to the Father but by Me" and:

"there is salvation in no one else for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we may be saved."

Graftedbranch

How about my Siberia yak shepherd friend who, through nature, realizes there is a God and orders up his life respecting that notion. He lives and dies, this side of the cross, with no one bringing the gospel to him. Of course if he lived before the cross there was no gospel to bring, correct? You say faith for salvation is needed and I agree but in his case it can't be in Christ, right?
Assuming you believe he wasn't damned to hell's torment, what was God's provision for him?

I [i]am[/i] going somewhere with this.

Orm

2006/6/18 11:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy