SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Intresting Experience this last saturday!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re: Interesting experience last saturday night!!

stantheman said

Quote:
You can't heal someone or change someones life (ie. addictions etc) with deamonic power if you pray in Jesus name.

Then, I wonder what Jesus meant when He said this?

[color=006699]"Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!' [/color] (Matt 7:22, 23)

2007/5/11 9:48
stantheman

Adelaide, Australia

Re:

1 John 4
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

I'm sure that toronto acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. We could even call John Arnott on the phone and ask him

JWs and mormons do not belive in the same Jesus we believe in.

Quote:

The Mormon church views Jesus and Satan as spirit brothers and sons of God. God put forth His plan of salvation for the world, and Satan proposed his own plan. Jesus accepted the Father's plan and offered to implement it as the Savior. The Father chose Jesus, and the spirit of Jesus was given a body through the virgin Mary. He was crucified on a Roman cross, and rose from the dead three days later to establish His deity. The character and life of Jesus is attainable by anyone who performs at such a righteous level.

Quote:
According to Jehovah's Witness' theology, God is a single person, not a Trinity, who does not know all things and is not everywhere. He first created Michael the Archangel through whom He created all "other things," including the universe, the earth, Adam and Eve, etc. This creative work took God 42,000 years.

see how they are really wrong?

by the way, please note, your analegy is out of context.

2007/5/11 9:57Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

stantheman wrote:
1 John 4
1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

I'm sure that toronto acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh. We could even call John Arnott on the phone and ask him

JWs and mormons do not belive in the same Jesus we believe in.

I guess you didn't listen to this, did you?
Quote:

CJaKfOrEsT wrote:
[url=http://ditc.podomatic.com/enclosure/2006-04-02T15_13_31-07_00.mp3]The Spirit Of Truth And The Spirit Of Error[/url] (Audio) - Note: You might recognise the reference to fellow South Australian, Andrew Evans (unnamed), as the former AoG chairman.

Quote:

stantheman wrote:
see how they are really wrong?

by the way, please note, your analegy is out of context.

The sad thing is, I can see how the JWs and Mormons are wrong, in that they put claims upon Jesus which they justify by taking Scripture out of context, and yet when Arnott and co take Scripture out of context, we'll just ignore that. They subtly distort who He is by putting implied meanings upon words that He said, ignoring the context of what was said, and/or the OT passages that He was referring to. Therefore, it could be said that they also believe in a different Jesus. After all, not acknowledging that Jesus is from God, include ignoring the pretext to many of His statements, bearing in mind that the contrast is against acknowledging that he came in the flesh? And which would you consider to be the more dangerous distortion, the obvious, or the subtle?

I'll be interested to know which analogy I offered is "out of context", or in which way.

I also wonder if you have ever questioned this phenomena? You are speaking to someone who has embraced such thing things, and yet now has seen the truth of them. Similar frustrations come when speaking to an atheist, who has never looked into the claims of Christ.

It seems that you are simply ignoring everything that I raise, and then reply by quoting these guys in the context and terminology that they use. Bring me Scripture Stan, in proper context, rather than ignoring the history behind the statements. I'm not just filling in time here. I'm firmly aware of the damage that embracing such [b]deception[/b] can cause.

Consider my statements being offered in the Spirit of being prepared to "jump on the grenade that has been thrown into the camp", by allowing myself to be ridiculed and rejected by someone who has apparently shut themselves off form rationally testing an apparent move of God, with nothing but Scripture. Perhaps that sounds a little arrogant and condescending. Well trust me, I'm embarrassed to speak as such, except that I know that ones came before me, who did me the same favour. Otherwise I would still be as deceived as you are right now.

All I have asked is that you consider the possibility, and even the implications, of such phenomena not being "of God". Have you done it? If not, and you won't, then my apologies for wasting yours and my time.

2007/5/11 23:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Aaron wrote:

Quote:
The point is, it is not "one thing" which we can use as an indicator, but many (dare I say "all"). Lifestyle is important, as is theology, as are demonstrations of faith. The one thing that I look for in a life is whether or not the person has realised the futility of trying to make up for God's "apparent inadequacies". You know what I mean? Like when they read something and say "Oh no. God couldn't have meant that. It's completely out of keeping with His character."

I agree 100%. Yes: how to they respond to Biblical directives? Make excuses for their disobediences?

ginnyrose

2007/5/12 11:12Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Quote:
...they read something and say "Oh no. God couldn't have meant that. It's completely out of keeping with His character."

I agree 100%. Yes: how to they respond to Biblical directives? Make excuses for their disobediences?

In the sermon that stan recommended we listen to, the preacher ascribed to what would be known as "Kingdom Now" theology. That is the belief that God's Kingdom will progressively manifest on earth. It is the idea that things will progressively get better as we draw closer to Him, and have a greater measure of faith, seeing everything come under God's dominion.

For instance, sickness isn't God's will, so God's kingdom manifested will mean healing. Where there is poverty, God will make you rich. Where there is rejection, God will bring acceptance, etc. This appears to ignore statements like "[b]All[/b] that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." for example, because Jesus "grew in wisdom, stature and favour with men."

There are statements that imply Christ's poverty, but these would have us say that He was rich. Paul spoke of having a thorn in the flesh, and yet these would say that Christ heals all.

Simply put, their Christ is one that puts the felt needs of man first, where the Christ of the Bible's priority was the glory of God, often neglecting man's perceived needs from their own good.

You see how subtle it is? And because there is such an expectation built up, people get caught up in the excitement, testifying of "healings", but failing to retract their testimony, when they realise they were never healed at all. Worse yet, they continue to delude themselves into believing that they are in fact healed, out of fear of "losing their healing" through lack of faith, and meanwhile their symptoms continue to fester under the surface.

Being that I am married to one who convinced herself that she was healed of depression and anorexia, only to reach the point seven years on, when she would be curled up in a ball, unable to meet her children's needs, due to a paranoid fear of taking antidepressants. If she was healed, she shouldn't need them, and besides, the church looks down on such as these, calling them to get out of their "pity party".

As I have said, the danger is in its subtlety. When ministers "test" others by asking "You you believe that Christ came in the flesh?" when if we're honest, even the demons of hell believe this, they open themselves up to deception. Rather they should be testing to see if the "spirit" of their message testifies and confirms to the fact. Sadly, through the superstitious asking of a question, they allow ones who come with excitement to rob them of their inheritance of apostolic authenticity.

2007/5/12 15:15Profile
Revived

South Africa

Re:

Allow me to just add this:

The Bible says "by their fruit ye shall know them"
Do they live a life of victory? Is the main enemy sin, the world and the devil?

One of the leading "Church leaders" in our country is divorced, married again and is still the pastor.

Get to know them personally, and within a short time you will see if the bear good fruit (a bad tree does not bear good fruit)

Thanks

2007/5/12 15:46Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
and besides, the church looks down on such as these, calling them to get out of their "pity party".

this is indeed unfortunate and sad.Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Many prosperty churches forget passages as these.

2007/5/12 23:35Profile
staff

Re: Intresting Experience this last saturday!!

Hi,
A friend of mine and I were talking about our church and of some fake stuff that was going on.He said to me you know elijah on the mountain top,their was elijah,the prophets of baal and the people of Isreal."Which one are we like?"He said.Knowing the answer I replied "we are like the Isrealites always sitting on the fence".
When he said to me no we are like the prophets of baal,jumping about,shouting,fooling around geniunely thinking God is going to answer our false worship.Ultimately they were killed,that doesn't happen nowadays thanks to God's Grace but he does kill the falseness in us,
Rgds Staff
p.s The toronto-ists are the prophets of baal doesnt mean they are'nt Isrealites,doesnt meant they are not saved,does'nt mean God won't deal with them in fact it ensures that he will!

2007/5/15 18:23Profile
Talkn2u

Re: Intresting Experience this last saturday!!

I was recently handed a CD entitled "Marinating in God...Pickling in His Presence"
On it scripture is spoken (dramatically and with much repetition) and music is in the background.

Is this along the same lines as the "soaking" that is mentioned early on in this thread?

I listened to it, (after an hour and a half in the Presence of God - I say that to bring the point that I was sensitive to the Spirit)
but this CD was somewhat "annoying" to me.
However, the person who gave it to me, had really been spiritually touched by it; and is a highly respected minister in our community.

How could one person be moved by something, and another be absolutely NOT.?

I personally do not like when "soft music" is accompanying preaching...it is distracting. I hang on to each word that is spoken and don't want to have to push the "noise" out of the way while I am "processing" the message.
and if the Spirit of God is not on the music (or the words for that matter) it is just "noise" to me....

Am I alone in this?

2007/5/17 9:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy