SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What does it mean to live for christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kobilove

What does it mean to live for christ?

I was born into a christian home, and I believe for many chriatians its the same; So I grew up knowing and believing what was described as " christian living."But for sometime I have come to question the very lifestyle that was presented to me as christianity. Why? cos I feel its all about empty religious and legalistic observances that is totally out of line with the power and the true calling of God.
All my life I have been taught to obey the laws...never commit adultry, never fornicate, dont steal. Sounds right to do your best, fight all those natural instincts that pull you towards those immoral lifestyles.Right, you have to fight them, but i believe the emphasis should not be place of living a ritualistic life.The emphasis should be placed on living an experiencial relationship with christ.For my whole life, I have struggled with keeping myself straight and doing the right thing, so focused on these observances that I missed the true reason for my existence. It became more of living to please others than living to please God. In the midst of people I will project a different facade of myself- the likeable, friendly,God fearing,Spirit filled and demon-slaying side of me-and in the secret, the real me appears.I know for sure that I am not the only person who has been through this because I smell the stench of this evil doctrine pervading every church I enter and most christian homes I have been to.
where lies the true meaning of " living for christ?" We have exchange our christian truths for senseless lies that are based on human imaginations. Our love and relationship with Christ Jesus has been reduced to a mere physical, sensual experience. We want to feel that chill through our bodies, gyrate like snakes, and believe that to be the presence of God.Men!Now,it is very hard to find a church that does not engage in what I call "emational-wipping." Our emotions are played on, and we are made to think that is "spiritual."
Wait a minute, people, is that the true meaning of living for christ? There is more to living for christ than feelings and religious observances.
The church is sinking, and I pray that the lord will grant us decernment to see where we are falling short.
I say forget the religious and ritualistic observances and learn to Know this gentleman, Jesus, learn to love him.
learn to devot yourself to him with every fibre of your being.
Your focus and your reason of living be absolutely for him.
I have come to know this, that those who develop this relationship with Jesus, need not worry about rules and laws, dos and donts. The spirit of God that lives in you will take away your longings and cravings for anything that is not His and replace it with true,pure and sincere love for him.
Jesus wants us to develop this one-no-one relationship with him. Like we spend time with our friends, he want us to spend time with him- talking to him, not only for our needs but because we enjoy being in his presence. We have to come to the point of enjoying his presence.We have to know that he is close like a friend, as near as a physical friend and even more closer. Living for christ is living your whole life for Jesus,making Him the sole reason for your existence.It is knowing Him and loving him as a friend.
Love and peace,
Thank you

2006/6/12 20:40Profile
myfirstLove

Re: What does it mean to live for christ?

"I have come to know this, that those who develop this relationship with Jesus, need not worry about rules and laws, dos and donts. The spirit of God that lives in you will take away your longings and cravings for anything that is not His and replace it with true,pure and sincere love for him.
Jesus wants us to develop this one-no-one relationship with him. Like we spend time with our friends, he want us to spend time with him- talking to him, not only for our needs but because we enjoy being in his presence. We have to come to the point of enjoying his presence.We have to know that he is close like a friend, as near as a physical friend and even more closer. Living for christ is living your whole life for Jesus,making Him the sole reason for your existence.It is knowing Him and loving him as a friend."

amen!

great encouragement. may our hearts burn for Him and only for Him. God You are glorious!

2006/6/13 0:12Profile
Tash

South Africa

Re: Re: What does it mean to live for christ?

To live for Christ is like as i once heard from a man of God, is like you hand over the car keys and say Lord drive, and you seat at the back seat. Letting Christ take over your life and your 'self' seizes to exist.

2006/6/13 2:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy