SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Christ, the Way

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Christ, the Way

Because prayer is revitalized through fellowship with Christ, there is a tendency to look upon prayer as a way to Christ and to try vainly to pray more fervently in order to come closer to Him. The Bible witnesses to Christ, and when Christ comes near, the Bible is a new book. Therefore some torment themselves for not reading or studying it more faithfully in order to know Him better.

Christ is the Way to the Bible, as He is to prayer. The Spirit of Christ Himself must speak through the pages of Scripture before they can become meaningful. The time of daily personal devotions becomes a more blessed experience to those who know Christ intimately. Sometimes this tends to be looked upon as a way to Christ, and the responsibility to keep it only adds to the burden of a troubled conscience.

The sheep do not come to the still waters to find the Shepherd. It is the Shepherd Himself who leads them beside still waters. Christ is immediately available right where we are, [i]as[/i] we are. He in turn becomes the way to these forms of personal devotion and worship which are most adapted to each one's spiritual needs.

-from [i]Captivated by Christ[/i] by Rev. Welsey Nelson

2006/6/10 21:06Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Christ, the Way

Brother Ron, this was excellent. Thank you very much for sharing this.

2006/6/11 0:11Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

You're welcome, this is a little gem I found that really spoke to my own heart because I have been guilty of vainly trying to use prayer and study as a way to Christ instead of letting the Way lead me to to these forms of devotion. It's the old case of doing instead of trusting, of focusing on the principles of salvation instead of the Person of salvation.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/6/11 14:38Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy