SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Lord Speaks To Children

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

The Lord Speaks To Children

I wanted to share this. In the past, my daughter has doubted the assurance of her salvation (have I been good enough?, etc...) She is very convicted by every sin. I always call her my "Samuel" because the Lord has called her at an early age to live so strongly for the Lord.

My 13 yr. old daughter (now 14) had such an awsome dream a few months ago that confirmed Christ's love for her.

In her dream she saw someone hanging on a cross. She could not tell who it was because their head was hanging down. She actually thought it might be a girl because the brown hair was longer (shoulder length). She said that whoever it was looked perfect/pure. We discussed this yesterday and are confident that it was Jesus.

She said that she was standing near the cross and the blood was running down from the cross. My daughter had an open cut on her stomach/side area and the blood from the cross ran into her cut and began foaming. She was a little worried about this.

The interesting thing is that last week I used hydrogen peroxide on one of my kids' cuts and explained to my 3 children that it "foams" when you apply it to a cut or wound because it is killing germs in the wound. It's actually nice to see it working.

I reminded her of the hydrogen peroxide and how it foamed just like the blood from the cross foamed as it got into her cut in the dream. We were both in amazement that the Lord showed her how Christ's blood cleanses her, kills the "germs". We talked about how peroxide also bleaches (whitens- makes pure).

It was such a comforting thing for her to know that he cares so much for her to show her that His blood purifies her.

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/9 10:11Profile
5nva

Re: The Lord Speaks To Children

Praise God for our children!

It is wondeful to hear that Christ is at work in your children.

I had been thinking about sharing something about my children and put it off but after reading your post I have decided I will.

Before I do I ask that as many as will, please pray for my children and others on this site.

I have three children, Jordan my daughter is almost 14, Seth my son is almost 10 and Jack my son just turned 5. Please pray for them when the Holy Spirit reminds you.

Two days before Christmas my son Seth came to my bedside after we had all gone to sleep. He was crying terribly. I aksed him what was wrong and he said he was convicted that he wasn't right with God. This exact same scenario had happened with my daughter about two months before. To my knowledge my son did not know about Jordan coming to me like this so I don't think he did it because she did.

Anyway, I took Seth to our living room and sat with him, talked and listened as I had with my daughter. He kept weeping and said he wanted to serve the Lord and have a new and true heart filled with Christ. I was at a lose for words just as I was with my daughter and in my heart was crying out to God for wisdom. I never want to hinder the Holy Spirit when He is at work.

I talked a bit with few words but directed him to what God's word says and what he already knew. I told him to surrender your heart and life to Christ and He will honor that. I told him to get on his knees and cry out to Jesus. I prayed in unity with him as I quietly walked around the room as to leave him alone with God.

This has happened with both my Jordan and Seth and I pray one day with Jack. I am convinced and excited in my heart that my children are born again and now on their own journey with Jesus Christ. I also know that this does not mean they will be perfect children and never fail or sin. I need the Lords grace to always be patient and gentle with them. We must cry out to God to nurture faith in their hearts and not be critical, otherwise they will feel condemned and have a difficult time coming to know God's love for them.

I know our children have that simple child like faith as they are young and as we teach them and I believe they are protected under the mercy and grace of God to a certain age of which differs for all. I also believe there will come a point that they must fully surrender to God and be born again.

Please pray for Jordan, Seth and Jack that the Holy Spirit will continue to draw and change them. Pray that God would give them a heart to seek hard after God and live a life totally surrendered to Him.

Thank you for your prayers.

In Christ,

Mike

2004/1/9 12:02Profile
ann2003

West Virginia

Re: The Lord Speaks To Children

Thank you so much for sharing that testimony. Jesus is so amazing as he knows just what each of us needs, even our children, to draw closer to Him!

God bless you and your family!
ann :-)

2004/1/9 14:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It was such a comforting thing for her to know that he cares so much for her to show her that His blood purifies her.

What a wonderful testimony Chanin! All I can see is Jesus and He is soo wonderful :-D

2004/1/9 21:40Profile
eagleswings

Connecticut, USA

Re: The Lord Speaks to Children

Mike writes
Quote:
"I know our children have that simple child like faith ..."

Indeed. And how blessed THEY are that "in heaven their angels do always behold the Father's face".

Quote:
"I asked him what was wrong and he said he was convicted that he wasn't right with God."

If I might offer a thought: Supposing you had said, "Yes. But Jesus IS." How liberating it is when we comprehend that JESUS is our righteousness before God, not we ourselves.

Focusing on ourselves, our spiritual state, our spiritual progress,etc, is death.

It is when our eyes are opened to the fact that HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS HAS SATISFIED GOD that we have Life. It is then that we have the blessed assurance that "Jesus is mine."

"For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ,” and "We all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."

That's how our transformation, our "rightness" with God, comes about. How wonderful the Holy Spirit is as he works Life into the fabric of our being as we behold Jesus.

Just yesterday, my wife and I were listening to Ron Bailey's Romans 5 Part 1. (Available at www.biblebased.co.uk/RonBailey/ if not here.) If you listen to Ron you will hear what I'm trying to say. At least it's worth a shot.

The Lord give ears to hear.

Roger

2004/1/11 2:01Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Mike, I was so blessed and touched by what you wrote about your children. How awsome that even at that young age, they might recognize that we are born sinners. It's so neat how the Holy Spirit can use the innocence of a child and easily convict. What a wonderful gift. Can you imagine that some children might never know "wrong" from "right" in their hearts.

You are very lucky (I'm sure luck has nothing to do with it). The sovereignty of God must play an important part in your household- and how important that today's children are taught that He is ALL in ALL.

May the Lord continue to do a great and mighty work in your children- and in your family!

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/1/11 10:09Profile
moreofHim

Re:

If I may, I'd like to post a couple of things that may really encourage us to know that their is a next generation who is being led by God.

My whole family is into music. My son, C.J. (almost 8) is getting real drums for his birthday in a few days and Arielle, my 14 yr. old daughter plays acoustic guitar.

They are always waiting for their favorite artists newest c.d.s to come out. Today was one of those days when i surprised them with two new c.d.'s that they've been waiting for and the whole house is filled with music at this moment.

This brings me to my point- last year, Arielle had a dream where the Lord showed her that she was not to "work" in a "Christian" place- but in the world- and that she would play her guitar and it would bring light into the darkness. Then, in her dream she saw in our backyard, a dark shadow covering our yard but one little spot had a ray of light shing on it. There was a little deer, a fawn, right in that spot. She heard someone say that she was to take good care of that deer. (At the time, her favorite song to play was "as the deer panteth for the water, so my soul longs after thee") He was telling her to take good care of her soul while she is in the world and she would be like that deer in the one bit of light- amidst all the darkness.

This has given her so much hope because she knows she has a purpose - that God is going to use her and her abilities in some way to bring light to others who are in darkness. So cool! :-)

I am anxiously waiting to see what He has in store for her. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/2/12 13:15Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Hi again! I thought this was a really neat thing that happened to my daughter just a few weeks ago.

I don't know if any of you have heard that song called "I Want to Be Mistaken For Jesus" by Warren Barfield. Anyway...

Arielle had a dream that she and her Dad were in his car going down a highway. They slowed down and stopped so they could ask this lady for directions. (This lady looked like this lady who helped us with the little league team the last few years- very sweet and caring!) She "knew" that this lady was Jesus though- not really the lady. So, they were really getting directions from Jesus. :-)

Then, all of a sudden she felt a rushing feeling or like rain or tingling rush down from the top of her head to her feet. This woke her up and then she got up to go to the restroom and she realized that she was singing this song in her head "I want to be mistaken for Jesus"...

Ever since then, when she prays at our meals, she ends it with "...and let us be mistaken for Jesus."

All I can think of is how Samuel was called at a young age- I remind her of this whenever she questions "why me, i'm so young?"

In His love, Chanin

2004/2/12 13:29Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Thank you Chanin, for both of these. :-(
What a blessing.
What an incredible God...

Sorry about the icon, there isn't one for tears of joy.

2004/2/12 18:23Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy