SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

I, for one, say "Praise God!"

Of course the Lord does not rejoice in the death of sinners, but this is a man deserving of what he received. This is a great day for America, and for our allies in the global war on terror.

Now, if we can just get Bin Laden!

There may be some who wonder how I can feel good about the death of another human... I recommend you watch the videos of Al-Zarqawi hacking the heads off of two Americans with a small knife. It will change your mind forever about this animal. If the videos do not convince you that demonic forces do exist, nothing will.

Krispy

2006/6/8 7:30
Tears_of_joy

Re: Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

Quote:
This is a great day for America

:-o
Quote:
Now, if we can just get Bin Laden!

:-o

'we' - who are you?

2006/6/8 7:42Profile

Re:

Hey... truth be told, it's a great day for the world to be rid of one more murderer.

Krispy

2006/6/8 7:48
Truthspeaker

Re:

Jesus died for him as well.

2006/6/8 8:06Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Bombing Raid

Krispy,

Can you differentiate who are 'you' and who are 'they' against whom 'you' are fighting?

Kire

2006/6/8 8:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
Jesus died for him as well.

Jesus did indeed die for him, and all mankind. However, to ignore Scriptures clear teaching on justice and human governments responsibility to enforce it is to ignore God's Word.

As for who am I? What kind of question is that? Fact is, this man is a cold blooded murderer. When you sit on a man whose hands and feet are bound and mouth is gagged, and you proceed to slowly hack off his head as he screams... you deserve to be brought to justice.

If someone has an issue with this... then why dont we just get rid of all laws and all attempts to enforce them and just let everyone do anything they want. After all... Jesus loves everyone.

What warped and unscriptural thinking.

I suppose 60 years ago you would have done nothing about Hitler, and just let him kill whoever he pleased? Whats the difference?

Krispy

2006/6/8 8:19
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Krispy,
You said:

Quote:
"Now, if we can just get Bin Laden!"

You divide here the things into two camps. My question is who are 'you' (plural) and 'they' against whom you are fighting?

Sorry for repeating my question... :-( maybe for you it is stupid question, but for me is not, it will clear up some things.

And can you give some Biblical New Testament support for your joy?

2006/6/8 8:35Profile

Re:

We... being those of us who were attacked on 9/11, as well as those who have been attacked by terrorism around the world, be it London, Tel Aviv, Jordan, Iraq, etc. "They" being those who have no problem murdering innocent non-combatants such as women, children and unarmed non-military men just because they do not subscribe to the terrorists particular religion. And make no doubt about it... for those folks this is a religious war. To me, this is a war against murderers.

It's pretty black and white to me. Not sure why the line seems fuzzy.

As for New Testament support, are you saying that since Christ's death, burial and resurrection we have no institution of law and order, and even if we did we should not enforce it? Where does this line of "reasoning" come from?

I'm not rejoicing that this guy is in hell... I'm sure it sounds like I'm dancing on his grave. But if you think that then you are missing my point. I'm rejoicing because perhaps just maybe we are one step closer to ending this bloodshed. I'm optimistic about it.

By the way, I served over there as a US Marine a decade ago when it was called Desert Storm. I've been in combat, I saw the "Highway of Death" first hand. So I have a little better perspective on war and what needs to happen than the average arm chair quarterback who gets their (mis)information from CNN.

Krispy

2006/6/8 8:56
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

It seems there are more than two sides to this discussion. Prov 11v31 says if the righteous will be recompensed on the earth, how much more the sinner and the ungodly? Romans tells us the wages of sin is death. I know it means eternal death, but we can ask how many have died not only in their sin but because of it? I really don't want to watch a video of someone's head being hacked off, but vengance belongs to God. For me, he has meted out justice for this sick attack. As for Bin Laden, if he gets captured,or killed, they will only find someone to take his place, just like they did with Arafat. It won't be the end of anything, they'll just move on. I don't really get any joy out of this man'd death. But, in my eyes, justice has been done to this worker of iniquity.

2006/6/8 9:19Profile

Re:

enid... you got my point. Thank you.

As for this line of thought that we shouldnt go about hunting down murderers and bringing them to justice because Jesus is all about love and peace... suppose someone breaks into your house and begins to attack your children... what are you going to do? Stop him, or try to love him?

It kinda looks different when YOU are the one being violated.

Krispy

2006/6/8 9:23

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy