And at the cross
Away with all death's sting
There is power in the blood
There is victory in Jesus
Help me glory in the cross
Help me find my gain in loss
(Phil. 1:21-23; 3:7-11)
(Shane and Shane)

As I've sung the words to this song this past year and prayed them as my prayer- I am amazed at the depths that the Lord has taken me to accomplish this. Not only have I wanted to be broken, but wasted on Him- and no one else. Completely ruined for Him.

I can not tell you how this has changed my life- how it has enabled me to LOVE unconditionally. I thought it might make me a better disciple, I thought it might make me a better saint for Him.

I am coming out of this completely surprised at the fragrance of love seeping from my pores. I didn't expect this. I am so humbled and grateful- beyond words.

I now see why Love IS the most Excellent way!!! But how you have to be utterly destroyed and ruined before you are really, truly able to love as Jesus loves.

Only He would have known, only He has it hidden. To be a saint, to be a religious scholar, to be the holiest- away with it all if you cannot LOVE.

Be ready for a beautiful, exquisite, crushing of everyhting you've ever known! Worthy is He. I never knew. I never knew. I've traded all I had, all I was, for all that is better!

Totally in love, Chanin

2004/1/8 11:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: I Want It All

Quote:
I now see why Love IS the most Excellent way!!! But how you have to be utterly destroyed and ruined before you are really, truly able to love as Jesus loves.

[b]1 Corinthians 12:31 (niv)[/b] - But eagerly desire the greater gifts. And now I will show you the most excellent way.

The Lord has really shown me this passage and the following 1 cor 13 in the past month. Love is the most excellent way beyond all else, we should still desire spiritual gifts but beyond all else love which gives meaning and purpose to the gifts.

Quote:
Be ready for a beautiful, exquisite, crushing of everyhting you've ever known! Worthy is He. I never knew. I never knew. I've traded all I had, all I was, for all that is better!

Yes Lord! show me [b]1 Cor 13[/b] in a new light. Show us all how much we need you, need your love for this dying world.

[b]1 Corinthians 13:1-7 (niv)[/b] - If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

2004/1/8 15:14Profile
moreofHim

Re:

I know many people don't like to discuss "love" much because it is not exciting and it does not produce revival. -Or does it?

I have been praying the last few days about the Lord's will and about Revival. Is it really coming? how, when, where, what can we do, what can I do to help?

I can usually expect some type f answer from the Lord- maybe a Bible verse, passage, a word to look up. Here was my answer as clear and loud- it could have come right out of my mouth:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and angels but HAVE NOT LOVE...I AM NOTHING."

When you look at the verses Greg quoted, we see that though we may have wonderful gifts, though we may be think we know the "mysteries" of prayer or Revival, though we may have "faith" that should "move mountains" or bring Revival- IF WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOVE people, really love them unconditionally- more than ourselves- WE ARE NOTHING AND WE ARE JUST A RESOUNDING GONG!

I cannot explain this- I know God has produced Revivals in the past for different reasons but I feel as time is moving on, that He is holding our standards a little higher because He wants a bride with out spot or wrinkle.

I believe that this work He is doing in many hearts right now- dealing with fully surrendering everyhting- will produce hearts that can really "love".

Christ can only show His love and light through hearts that are fully surrendered. His love coming out through us is "how they will know us."

Quote:
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

This love thing is not easy to do. Loving enough to lay down our lives for one another- like Jesus. Loving others enough to give up our own rights and comforts. Loving and esteeming others as better than ourselves.

Only through brokenness and fully surrendering all, can we really learn to love unconditionally like Christ. (I am not talking about excusing sin, I am talking about loving in spite of sin).

Hmmmm. this is something to think about, seriously. If He is waiting for something- could it be that He is waiting for His people to be able to be "an expression of Himself" and that is LOVE.

We cannot preach to people about being like Christ- and be hypocritical. If we are Christlike or have Christ living fully through us- then we will be the perfect examples of love and light. It is easy to preach repentance and mean it and live it. But is it so easy to preach love- and mean it and live it?

Just some thoughts that the Lord was giving me.

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/1/13 12:07Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Another thought to this: If we prayed "Lord make me the kind of person who is revival material- that can help bring revival." What would He do? What would He change in us? We can pray for 24 hours, round the clock for revival but if we "ourselves" are not where we should be, why should He listen?

Maybe if we spent more time letting the Lord shine His light into our hearts to "expose" things, spent more time asking Him how He wants us to be molded and shaped- and less time thinking of how the world has gone to hell- there may be revival.

I am speaking to myself here as well- for I tend to focus on all that is wrong. All that is wrong- is me!

2004/1/13 12:20Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Chanin wrote I know many people don't like to discuss "love" much because it is not exciting and it does not produce revival. -Or does it?

Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

2004/1/13 13:27Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

" Master what is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, " Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and all thy soul and all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbor as thy self. On these two hang all the law and the prophets". Matt.22:36-40
" If a man say , I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also". I John 4:20-21
Clutch ;-)

2004/1/13 14:34Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

Chanin,
Love not only produces revival, it is the essence of revival. ;-)
Clutch :-)

2004/1/13 14:41Profile
moreofHim

Re:

The only reason I would want revival is because of my love for God. So I guess, this is true.

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/13 17:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

The thoughts and affections do follow love's direction; wherefore the Truth saith, 'Where your treasure is, there will your heart be.' Therefore, if our treasure be in heaven, our affections will be in heaven. To lay up this treasure, mark thy thoughts; so thou shalt know thy treasure by thy love, and they love by thy thoughts.
-Fulgentius (468-533)

2004/1/13 17:22Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy