SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : FEATURED SERMON: "God's Burden for Zion" by George Warnock

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 FEATURED SERMON: "God's Burden for Zion" by George Warnock

[b]FEATURED SERMON: "God's Burden for Zion" by George Warnock[/b]

And God's Burden for Zion
A powerful message by Brother Warnock showing us clearly how we are a holy priesthood raised up by Jesus Christ as our high priest. And he shows how the gospel needs not just to be told but shown in the life of us the body of Christ. The world has yet to feel the true impact of the life of the gospel.

Thousands today who hear and see much of what we call the "church" today have, fallen away from the faith. The life of many church members are just like the lives of their lost neighbors being filled with divorce, homosexuality, adultery, unforgiveness, bitterness, etc. My brethren, these things ought not to be! Oh to see the truth of 1 Corinthians 14:25: "And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Leonard Ravenhill said: "We are too earthbound we live too much in time, we invest our time like the world invests it, we invest our money like the world does. We are supposed to be a different breed of people on this earth."

As the scripture says in Titus 2:14-15: "Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority, Let no man despise thee." Brothers and Sisters we need to be holy, we need to abide in God's word and His spirit allowing Him to set us apart for Himself. Sadly the words of Robert Murray McCheyne ring very true: "Most of God's people are contented to be saved from the hell that is without; they are not so anxious to be saved from the hell that is within."

The below text sermon by Thomas Watson touches on some points that are relevant to this problem. He states: "Christ was violent in dying to teach us to be violent in believing." Can we take the step towards this holy violence that pleases God, to apprehend Christ, to seek those things which are above? Is your repentance (christian walk) as notorious as your sin?

2006/6/1 5:34Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: FEATURED SERMON: "God's Burden for Zion" by George Warnock

Has anyone had a chance to listen to this message by brother Warnock? Any comments?

2006/6/3 16:35Profile
npautsky

Texas

Re:

Hello Brother,

This sermon has a lot of good teaching in it to help us to understand God's way more clearly. You are bringing to light some really good books and messages. I am reading the book by S.L. Brengle "Helps to Holiness" that you recommended a while back, what a precious book. Thought it might encourage you to know that the books and messages you share really are having a positive effect in peoples lives. Thanks for sharing.

2006/6/4 0:52Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This sermon has a lot of good teaching in it to help us to understand God's way more clearly.

Amen, I do feel this sermon really brings some truths to light that have been hidden and obscured in our modern day Christian message.

2006/6/4 22:19Profile
roadsign

Re: sound quality

Is a written transcript available? I'm having trouble with the sound quality, and wonder if it a text sermon would be easier.
Diane

2006/6/7 15:03Profile
brentw

Ohio

Re:

Quote:
I'm having trouble with the sound quality, and wonder if it a text sermon would be easier.

Me to!

2006/6/7 15:20Profile
DS

Re: Keep listening...

The first few minutes are hard to hear, but keep listening! I think the quality gets much better pretty quickly. I am listening to it for the third time, there is so much in this sermon! I just have to give thanks to the Lord for such msgs. and to SI for providing the forum to received such a msg. I, too, wonder if someone has transcribed this message.

2006/6/7 18:55Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Yes, transcription would be very helpful.

I am blessed even by hearing the voice of this man of God. There is a special anointing. Has someone felt the same?
I strongly recommend also other two sermons by him:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4664]A Way Through The Wilderness[/url]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1912]Manna[/url]

Kire

2006/6/7 19:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy