Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Simple Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Simple Christianity

Saints,

Christ said that if we love Him, we will obey His commands. How many of us can say that this is a reality in our lives? How many times do we know what is the right thing to do but we are drawn away by the lust of the flesh? These lust don't have to be sexual but can be simple selfishness, greed, pride, and others.

God has really been provoking me into a more intimate relationship with Him, and I have discovered how little I really do obey God when it comes to the practical applications in life.

For instance, how many times do I neglect my devotional time with God?

How many days go by with prayerlessness?

How much do I read God's Word only for it remain in me just a seed and not take root?

How come I haven't prayed with my son today?

How come I read him GREEN EGGS AND HAM and not the Bible? Does Dr. Suess possess the words of eternal life?

Why haven't my wife and I had a devotional together in months?

Saints, this is just a sampling of the things I keep being convicted about - not with condemnation and rejection (I struggled with that, but reading Romans 8 and searching out God's heart on the matter a few times took care of that), but with a heartache to do righteousness.

I do so hunger and thrist for righteousness to be a reality in my life. I have noticed that since these longings have increased, so has my motivation and practice of these things but I am still so very far from the man of God I want to be.

Won't you join me in praying that God will put a greater desire in us all to be the men of God and the women of God that He has called us to be. We aren't called to be anything short of a royal priesthood and a holy nation.

May Christ reign unchallenged in our hearts!!!

2006/5/31 10:41Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: Simple Christianity

I praise God for the conviction of sin and the gift of repentance. Thank God for his conviction. I pray that the conviction increases or as dear Brother Bevington would say "that God would turn on the x-ray machine."

May this conviction over the shallowness of our walk with Jesus lead to repentance and full sanctification, where we're fully given over to Jesus. I'm certainly not there yet but it's the cry of my heart.

2006/5/31 12:07Profile

Re: Simple Christianity

Quote:
Christ said that if we love Him, we will obey His commands. How many of us can say that this is a reality in our lives? How many times do we know what is the right thing to do but we are drawn away by the lust of the flesh? These lust don't have to be sexual but can be simple selfishness, greed, pride, and others.

How about debt; solicitations, i.e., that new car or whatever, that places us in bondage and untoward pressures -- and Satan laughs?

Orm

2006/6/1 10:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy