Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Emergent Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Older printings of the book can be found on ebay. I recommend getting one and make the comparison. But regardless, buy the book.

The sequel to it; "Unto Full Stature" is equally revolutionary and takes it to the church.

Truly, two books that will answer against this so-called, "Diaprax" serpent.

Thanks brother, interesting this thing about pulling out a preface, the same has happened with the KJV ... mere men making decisions for others.

To the "Diaprax" and further, will go on to the next reply.

2006/6/6 9:24Profile

Re:

As application of this is presently being made to the church, may those who have ears to hear ....listen.

[b]Building Consensus[/b]
When working in a group it is important that all members of the group play a role. While the simple majority rules concept works for our nation, in smaller groups it could leave members feeling slighted or out of the loop. Consensus is a strategy that involves everyone playing a role in the decision making of the group. In order for this to be successful it is important to be open to compromise!

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary the definition of consensus is:
1. a : general agreement b : the judgment arrived at by most or all of those concerned
2. group solidarity in sentiment and belief

[b]Guidelines[/b]

• Trust each other. This is not a competition; everyone must not be afraid to express their ideas and opinions.
• Make sure everyone understands the topic/problem. While building a consensus make sure everyone is following, listening to, and understanding each other.
• All members should contribute their ideas and knowledge related to the subject.
• Stay on the task. Reference the time management guide for tips.
• You may disagree, that is OK and healthy. However, you must be flexible and willing to give something up to reach an agreement.
• Separate the issue from the personalities. This is not a time to disagree just because you don't like someone.
• Spend some time on this process. Being quick is not a sign of quality. The thought process needs to be drawn out some.

[b]Procedure[/b]

1. Agree on your objectives for the task/project, expectations, and rules (see guidelines above).
2. Define the problem or decision to be reached by consensus.
3. Figure out what must be done to reach a solution.
4. Brainstorm possible solutions (see Brainstorming Guide).
5. Discuss pros and cons of the narrowed down list of ideas/solutions.
6. Adjust, compromise, and fine tune the agreed upon idea/solution so all group members are satisfied with the result.
7. Make your decision. If a consensus isn't reached, review and/or repeat steps one through six.

Once the decision has been made, act upon what you decided.

Its as simple as that. :-o?

2006/6/6 10:41

Re:

[b]Consensus:[/b]

1: judgment arrived at by most of those concerned
2 : group solidarity in sentiment and belief

Mega – church leadership has proceeded with a concoction/mixer, an adulteration of known truth, forming a consensus and promoting it to their followers; whoever has itching ears

If I love my Lord I have no business to be guided by natural temperament, says Chambers.
If I am a leader I have to feed His sheep, without omitting or changing the menu to satisfy lazy, easily offended, sheep. I have to feed His sheep. There is no relief and no release from this commission. My life must be a testimony of Himself. Chambers puts it this way: Beware of counterfeiting the love of God by working along the line of natural human sympathy *[i]the way of consensus[/i], because that will end in blaspheming the love of God.

Ponder it church -- give warning.

* [i]italics[/i] not Chambers

Orm

2006/6/7 8:35
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Thinking

Hi Ormly,

Am not entirely sure where you are going with this. The aspect of 'truth' by democracy or collective opinion I can understand well enough. At the same time I do wonder if there is a bit of a broad brush stroke being applied.

It might be a little disjointed being that the carry over is also to the other thread mentioned here ...

If anything the thought that has been running recently in my mind is yes, a caution or warning is needed with so much out there that is confused as well as deceptive. At the same time, I do wonder if there is a fear that people cannot think for themselves (many do not surely) and a lack of trust that the Lord can lead those who truly seek Him through the mind-field of this days Christendom

2006/6/7 9:51Profile

Re: Thinking

Quote:

crsschk wrote:
Hi Ormly,

Am not entirely sure where you are going with this. The aspect of 'truth' by democracy or collective opinion I can understand well enough. At the same time I do wonder if there is a bit of a broad brush stroke being applied.

It might be a little disjointed being that the carry over is also to the other thread mentioned here ...

If anything the thought that has been running recently in my mind is yes, a caution or warning is needed with so much out there that is confused as well as deceptive. At the same time, I do wonder if there is a fear that people cannot think for themselves (many do not surely) and a lack of trust that the Lord can lead those who truly seek Him through the mind-field of this days Christendom

Someone has said: "the Church of Jesus Christ is a slow growing Church. Scripture alludes to this also. "few there be that find it", Jesus here speaking of Himself and His kingdom which the church is not though it is to made up of kingdom residents. [What might that say about my beliefs concerning the Bride of Christ? --- or joint-heir-ship with Him] ;-)

Matthew 7:14 (NASB-U)
"For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Does that speak of the "emergent church"? Should we look for the narrow way in their sanctuary?

And then Jesus said this:

John 10:1-2 (NASB-U)
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who does not enter by the door into the fold of the sheep, but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber. "But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep.

John 10:7 (NASB-U)
So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:9 (NASB-U)
"I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

The problem is that we don't expect this "unity" [[consensus] spirit to come in His name.

The responsibility indeed resides with the hearer as well as the deceiver --oops! I mean well meaning Teacher-Preacher.

Orm

2006/6/7 11:40

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy