SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Her Husband is Known In The Gates

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Her Husband is Known In The Gates

This is kind of a continuation of my marrige testimony.

Last night I couldn't sleep. In the kitchen I glanced at my husband's things all ready for work the next day- his cell phone, his wallet, coffee cup, etc... Right away I felt the love of the Lord for him. "I love you with an everlasting love". Wow, was that just me or was that Him? No, I knew it was the Lord. All of sudden I was overcome with how the Lord is using Dan as His own instrument these days.

Not only is Dan busy with his regular job (he recently bought the company that he worked for), but he puts in so much effort at home- painting, fixing, building playhouses, and more painting. He is also somewhat of a counselor and spiritual advisor for many of his employees, giving advice or a listening ear to someone whose marriage is struggling, or to someone who struggles with keeping themselves out of trouble.

Recently, he has been even involved in a weekly Christian discussion group- at Toyota (one of his accounts), of all places! He, or someone else brings in a couple of Christian songs that have meaningful lyrics. They listen and discuss the lyrics, bible verses, and how they apply to their own lives. Most of them are newer Christians, so it gives Dan a chance to give them some "meat" as opposed to the milk they usually are fed.

I am amazed that one man can take on all of these things. It so reminds me of the verse in Proverbs- "Her husband is known in the gates when he sits among the elders of the land."

What is so interesting about all of this is that we would both admit that out of the two of us, I am the one who is always spiritually hungry, always wanting to go deeper in my walk, always seeking the Lord and His will; while Dan is more easy going AND a little too busy to constantly be reading and spending alot of time in prayer.

What is happening is that I am feeding Dan (spiritually) as I go along. (And here I never thought he was listening.) I'll help him with his song selections and bible verses for the discussion group. I'll help him with advice for one of his employees. He'll ask for my discernment about potential employess, etc... What I see is that the Lord is using Dan as the "front man" and that I am behind the scenes giving fresh water, fresh manna. It really is very exciting and very interesting to watch all of this unfold.

It is also very humbling for me. Many times I have to repent of my own envy of all that Dan gets to do and all the impact he gets to make on others. How exciting and rewarding it must be! But on the other hand, the Lord has His plans laid out and there are obviously reasons why He is using Dan as a mouthpiece. I am grateful to be a part of all of this, to help support and nourish as much as possible. However God desires to get his glory- so be it- as long as He gets it!

Feeling sorry for myself, I recently let Dan know my feelings of dissappointment, that here I am still at home with the kids. He already has so much to do- yet the Lord is using him to minister to others even at his lunch hour. Dan's answer?- "That's because He's preparing you for something REALLY big." He knows just what to say. :)

I am grateful for the work that the Lord is doing in our lives as a team. The key is that we have put the Lord's will first. His need for us to be obedient to Him comes first and foremost- before our own will, needs, or wants. I really am in awe of how the Lord worked this all out. How we were so unworthy and stubborn just a few years ago- but He knew all along what He wanted to do with us- if we would just be obedient to Him. I pray that we can continue to bring Him glory in whatever way He chooses for us!

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/7 12:25Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Her Husband is Known In The Gates

Bless you Chanin.

You give me so much hope for my own marriage.

Quote:
It is also very humbling for me. Many times I have to repent of my own envy of all that Dan gets to do and all the impact he gets to make on others.

Quote:
Feeling sorry for myself, I recently let Dan know my feelings of dissappointment, that here I am still at home with the kids. He already has so much to do- yet the Lord is using him to minister to others even at his lunch hour. Dan's answer?- "That's because He's preparing you for something REALLY big." He knows just what to say. :)

A couple of things, this may come as a surprise to you, but you are doing much, much more than you might think. Just being here and sharing your heart and experience is blessing more than a few of us I will say.

Also, "That's because He's preparing you for something REALLY big." He knows just what to say."
I think it was more than just the right thing to say. If the Lord has His hand on you, ANYTHING that you do is REALLY BIG.
It is obvious that He is at work in you.
Praise God, you are a tremendous encouargement to me. Thank you.

2004/1/7 12:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy