SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Music

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PatSieler

Miami, Florida

Christian Music

We just had Shaun Groves play at our church this Sunday. Cool guy, great perspective on family, ministry, the music industry. Very refreshing. The guy's a teacher who happens also to be a great singer and songwriter. I was listening to a song on one of his cd's that I bought called, "What's Wrong With This World." The main line in the song is "I'm what's wrong with this world." Of course, refering to the fact that our hearts are evil, etc. Shaun as of last week no longer has a record deal. Upon hearing this my pastor said, "Congratulations." It'll be cool to see what the Lord does with him.

God bless,
Pat
www.sielerfamily.com

2006/5/30 11:23Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Christian Music

Sounds cool pat. I really think that alot of these big christian music record labels are pretty corrupt. I think it is the best place for artists to try and be independent as much as possible. I know alot of brothers and sisters that are working part-time and doing music ministry part time for free. It is great to see the gift of music being used in the church by many individuals, especially when it is from a pure heart.

2006/5/30 14:26Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The thing that I am appauled about is the prices and the quality.

2006/5/30 17:03Profile
PatSieler

Miami, Florida

Re:

I think there is a "renewal" or "rennaissance" with alot of artists. I know of several that are writing and producing great songs as independant artists, they're not making alot of money, they just know they are gifted and called and have a desire to serve the body. One that comes to mind is Andrew Peterson. With technology now and the internet, you don't need the "big boys" to get a good record and distribution.

2006/5/31 10:15Profile
repentcanada

Re:

Frontlynaz have free music downloads off their site http://www.frontlynaz.com

2006/5/31 11:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy