SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ezekiel....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Ezekiel....

They and their fathers have transgressed against me to this very day. 4 The descendants also are impudent and stubborn: I send you to them, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God.’ 5 And whether they hear or refuse to hear (for they are a rebellious house) they will know that a prophet has been among them. 6 And you, son of man, be not afraid of them, nor be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are with you and you sit on scorpions. [2] Be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house. 7 And you shall speak my words to them, whether they hear or refuse to hear, for they are a rebellious house. (ESV)

Apparently this has been an age old problem...stubborness and rebellion to the man and word of God. Let us just remember that we are just the willing vessel for the Lord to use. That it is the Holy Spirit that convicts and gives the increase. Let us not be discouraged.

2006/5/28 13:00Profile

Re: Ezekiel....

Two thoughts.

Quote:
[b]though briers and thorns are with you[/b] and you sit on scorpions.

This phrase reminds me of the thesis of an article posted by InTheLight (Ron), explaining this Old Testament way of describing opposition to the word, as meaning for Paul's 'thorn'.

Quote:
Let us just remember that we are just the willing vessel for the Lord to use. That [b]it is the Holy Spirit that convicts[/b] and gives the increase. Let us not be discouraged.

I'm in first John right now, and was illuminated by the Spirit to see in chapter 1 v 8 (NKJV) [b]If we say that we have no sin, [u]we deceive ourselves[/u], and the truth is not in us[/b]. I had never seen that [i]without the Holy Spirit[/i], we cannot see our sin. Maybe I've heard this verse incorrectly interpreted in the past. That's very possible. But, this time, I was comforted to [i][b]understand[/i][/b] that it is [i]because[/i] of the Holy Spirit that I can see my sin and that [i]seeing it[/i], rather than being a sign I'm [i]not[/i] born again, is a sign that God is working in me. He is endorsing my sonship. Hallelujah! And AMEN!

I love the way John almost always lays out the opposite, so one can test one's understanding against both ends of the thesis. Hence 'If we say that we have no sin, [u]we deceive ourselves[/u]..' Been there. Done that. Not a place one should remain, because it opens one up to the fallout from Romans 1:17 - 22

17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith."

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,

2006/5/28 23:21
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

to hear or not to hear

Brethren
The word of God is a most offensive thing for it exposes every fallacy we live by and hold dear. it shows us we are unrighteous, unholy and deserving of hell. When it comes we are confronted with a serious decision, to take hold of it and die to self so that the word of God may be fulfilled in us or to disregard it (which happens most of the time). At the end of the day when we are all called to give account of our lives we will be without excuse before Him and will have to suffer whatever consequences come with the refusal to hear God's word and act accordingly. all too often we heed not the word of God because we dislike the messenger or think him/her to be unqualified.

ultimately though we are rebellious because we fear the cross and the death it stands for. to be called to be a prophet of the Lord is a hard thing. people will find every kind of reason to discredit you or disregard what the Lord gives you to share, anything so that they don't have to heed the word of God. For the prophet the danger is in the bruising of the ego (i know, i've been there and the Lord dealt with me about it) which leads to anger and so on. for the prophet must realize (as you said) that we are but vessels. The word is not ours for us to be offended if it is not heeded. i used to be this way until the Lord showed me His grief over the rejection of His word, then He showed me i had no business being offended as i was because it was not me being rejected, but God Himself. my selfish nature had gotten in the way but praise God He loosed me from that bondage and now when i see the word of God rejected i share the Lord's grief over it rather than get mad over a bruised ego. ultimately the only one being hurt is God Himself.

For those called to be prophets, let us not be discouraged but speak in boldness whatsoever the Lord gives us to His glory. The Lord will indeed bless those who heed His word and those who don't will suffer whatever consequences come with rejecting His word.

May the Lord be our boldness and wisdom and indeed our all in this walk. AMEN.

2006/5/29 12:36Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

sis Dorcas

you wrote:

Quote:
This phrase reminds me of the thesis of an article posted by InTheLight (Ron), explaining this Old Testament way of describing opposition to the word, as meaning for Paul's 'thorn'.

i never thought of Paul's thorn as being opposition to the word he received, most people see it as being his bad eyes. i can identify with this because often times when the Lord reveals something to me to share it is met with opposition and i've found that this does keep me from thinking more of myself than the nothing i am...it shifts the focus and keeps the focus on the Lord Himself who is All in All.

and the portion of the letter to the Romans is something the Lord has been showing me about. the simplicity of it is astounding for it is just as it is written. for indeed if we say we are sinless we are lying to ourselves, however the acknowledgement thereof like you said puts us in the position of accountability before God which is a terrible thing for the ones who would not yield to God but for those who would, it is a most wonderful thing for one sees the Lord's Holiness and Righteousness wrought in one's life and being. of course this is to become and offense to man but better that than being on the receiving end of judgement...

sis dorcas i see more and more each day the vanity of men and how their hearts have become darkened and their minds reprobate. they know full well God exists and they know full well His power for it is all around us but in the name of science/progress/humanism they have sought knowledge and as the word says professing to be wise, they became fools...i see it as the experts (so called anyway) try to explain scripture or events recorded therein and on one hand i am angered in my spirit as God is angered, and on the other i am grieved as God is grieved. the truth is so plain...Lord open our blind eyes and restore our sight that we may see. AMEN.

2006/5/29 12:59Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy