SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : I'm slightly nervous

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
laholmes

I'm slightly nervous

Not really though. Just excited. I am a 22 year old youth minister in Oklahoma and I came across this site by pure accident. I was on this youth ministry web page and in a forum they were discussing books that changed their life. All were either about youth ministry or books written in the last 10 years. Where was Lloyd-Jones, Ravehnill, Owens, Baxter, Edwards, Brainerd, and others. I am probably not a typical youth minister. When I was a freshman in college I read "Why Revival Tarries" by Ravehnill and it changed my life. I bought it at thrift store for a quarter or something absurd like that.

All of that to say...nothing I guess. I am glad to have found the site.

2003/7/8 11:21Profile
Maria

USA

Re: I'm slightly nervous

You'll have to hear, "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE" by Carter Conlon. Great message!

--Maria

2003/7/8 11:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!

Hi laholmes,

I am so glad the Lord led you to this site! I believe it will be a tremendous blessing for your spiritual walk with God.

Quote:
Where was Lloyd-Jones, Ravehnill, Owens, Baxter, Edwards, Brainerd, and others.

YES! there is an ignorance of the rich spiritual heritage that we have, I have been making available all these sermons from old classic preachers to help fill that gap.

Quote:
I am probably not a typical youth minister. When I was a freshman in college I read "Why Revival Tarries" by Ravehnill and it changed my life. I bought it at thrift store for a quarter or something absurd like that.

That's awesome that book changed my life also about 4 years ago! I have been trying to get as much Leonard Ravenhill messages up on this site as possible and have as many people listen and watch them also as I can! :-D

Please check the downloads section and there are tons of sermons to listen too! I recommend the Interview Video of Leonard Ravenhill. I hope you are blessed and feel free to share your feedback in the forums.

2003/7/8 15:57Profile
TaKa

Louisiana

Why Revival Tarries was the very first Ravenhill book I read, and I think it's still my favorite, except maybe for Revival Praying.

I need to repost some excerps from an ebook I have called The Preacher: His Life and Work by JH Jowett in here. I think it would bless you guys.

Another book that is highly recommended by ministers to ministers is Power Through Prayer by EM Bounds. I have part of that book copied to a text file also. Here's a few of my favorite quotes from Brother Bounds:

Joseph Alleine arose at four o'clock for his business of praying till eight. If he heard other tradesmen plying their business before he was up, he would exclaim: "O how this shames me! Doth not my Master deserve more than theirs?"

John Welch, the holy and wonderful Scotch preacher, thought the day ill spent if he did not spend eight or ten hours in prayer. He kept a plaid that he might wrap himself when he arose to pray at night. His wife would complain when she found him lying on the ground weeping. He would reply: "O woman, I have the souls of three thousand to answer for, and I know not how it is with many of them!"

2003/7/9 3:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy