SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Resurrections and Bema Judgments for Reward

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Resurrections and Bema Judgments for Reward

I have just finished a personal Bible study on the resurrection, and the Bema judgments for Christians:

Christ is the firstfruits of the Resurrection.
1 Cor 15:20-23
20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.

We (believers) are the firstfruits of the Spirit, that will receive our new resurrected bodies when he comes to get us at the rapture, as described above, and we will be like Him! The rapture takes place before the Tribulation and the “Day of the Lord”.

Romans 8:23-25
23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

When we receive our new resurrected bodies, we will be like Him!

James 1:18
18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures

This is another description of the Rapture and the receipt of our new resurrected bodies:

1 Cor 15:52-57
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is another description of the Rapture.
1 Thes 4:13-17
13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

This passage describes what will happen when Christ comes back to redeem us to Himself. We will be perfect like Him in all ways!
1 Cor. 13:9-12
9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 John 3:2
2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear (at the Rapture), we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure/
xxxxxx

Next, we find a description of the Lord'S SECOND COMING-- coming back to the earth [b][color=0033FF]WITH HIS SAINTS (that would be the resurrected Church, described above, from the RAPTURE). [/color][/b]. This clarifies for us that there is more than one resurrection (Firstfruits of the Resurrection). First, the rapture and resurrection, that occurs before anit-christ is revealed, described above, and then another resurrection of the souls of those that have become believers during the Tribulation, that have been be-headed by the antichrist, AT THE END OF THE TRIBULATION:

Zechariah 14
1. Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2. For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3. Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5. And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: [b][color=0033FF]and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.[/color][/b]
6.And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7.But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light. 8. And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 9. And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This describes the rapture of the people that were not saved before the Tribulation (Jews and Gentiles), that went through the Great Tribulation and became believers in Christ (saved) and were beheaded during the tribulation. At the end of the Tribulation Christ throws Satan into the bottomless pit for 1,000 years and judges the beheaded believers (described above). This is a judgment of rewards, not punishment. The judgment of punishment is the Great White Throne Judgment mentioned in Rev. 20:11 and is for all non-believers.
Rev 20:1-6
1And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, 3And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. 4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. [5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.] This is the first resurrection.

Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

God bless,

Stever :-)

2006/5/25 14:45
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Resurrections and Bema Judgments for Reward

I love reading studies like this.. i get excited!!!

I pray that he will come soon.
i pray for a worldwide revival
i pray for a awakening...
i pray for you to send workers for the harvest.
send me lord, send me lord
revive me first so i can revive my next man.
let your spirit lead me.
come soon my lord and god
in my lord jesus name
amen

gods peace to you
christian

2006/5/25 15:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Wonderful Post.

I would like to use it if I may, in bible study. Truth, Truth, Truth.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/5/25 23:50Profile

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Wonderful Post.

I would like to use it if I may, in bible study. Truth, Truth, Truth.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever responds:

Please feel free to share it with anyone.

God bless,

2006/5/26 0:14
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

bro Stever
if i may ask, you posted this scripture:

Quote:
1 Cor 15:52-57
52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

it seems to me that this last trump, is the last one after the tribulation. i think when we meet with Him in the air it will be as He returns to earth to rule for a thousand years. i've oft wondered about the rapture and have sought the Lord on it and i'm convinced it will not happen like most people think where every believer is taken away. This will contribute to the falling away which muct happen and this is what i hear from heaven. For all the sermons i've heard and explanations about the rapture it doesn't sit well with me in my spirit this idea that we'll all be taken away.

it seems to me that not all the saints will be raptured at the same time. there will be some who will be called to remain to tend to those who are left behind and are at a loss as to why they had to stay. The Church as she is, is in no shape to be Christ's bride. We are in need of cleansing and purification, part of which is the separation of the true believers from those who purport to be believers. This will come via hardship and persecution, those sold out to God will endure by His grace and those who aren't will fall away. People keep saying that Christ can return at any time and this is false because Christ will return for a Church without spot, wrinkle or any such thing so we have to go through a fire first.

Those saints who are left behind and who are saved during the tribulation will need some people to minister to them so there will be some who have to stay during the tribulation. now at this point you may say "we're not appointed to the Lord's wrath" and we're not, so the Lord will give us grace enough to endure whatever comes our way. As the Lord has shown me concerning His grace for His children, even if we remain throughout the tribulation, His grace is sufficient. we may experience the enemy's wrath which is of no comparison to the Lord's, but the Lord will see us through.

Then during the thousand years, the ones who were beheaded for Christ will rule with Him and this first set of resurrected people will not have to worry about the lake of fire which is the second death, for it has no power over them. the ones who rise after the thousand years when satan is loosed may yet fall during this time.

well i guess we should be prepared to endure the whole tribulation lest we find ourselves here during it and fall away. i'm convinced of the Lord that there will be many who find themselves here when they think they should have been in heaven...however being here in that time one will experience the provision of the Lord unlike any other time and come to know God and trust God for everything unlike any other. Also God will glorify Himself in these ones in a way unlike any other for these days are unlike any before and after.

in the Lord dealing with me, He's made plain that i'll be here, trust me at the time He showed me this, i was not going for it. then i realized, or should i say He showed me something crucial i'd missed, if i'm to be here to work for the Lord untill the final act of martyrdom which the Lord has prepared for me, the Lord is not expecting this work to be done on my strength and wit coz that's not going to cut it. He instead will see His work done by His Holy Spirit working in me and through me and whoever else will be here in those days. That revelation made me look forward to it all because it is God Himself who will see this through and that takes a load off...

praise God He will see His work to completion.

p.s. if the Lord leads check out the study on the revelation by watchman nee

http://ministrybooks.com/books.cfm?id=%23%29UWW%0A

2006/5/26 12:24Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The last trump is the last trump for The Body of Christ His Church, there are still more trumps to come. Each Last trump will herald parts of the sequence in Gods Plan. How many times have we heard the trump in the Word.

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Who are these? The dead in Christ and the alive in Christ. Who is the trump for? The Church the Body of Christ. It is the last trump for the Church for we will no longer be hear and shall ever be with the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

No more trumps needed for the Body of Christ the Church, but there will be more trumps.

Hbr 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which [voice] they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:

Rev 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door [was] opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard [was] as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Rev 9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

Zec 9:14 And the LORD shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord GOD shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

2006/5/26 18:53Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Philip

Quote:
The last trump is the last trump for The Body of Christ His Church, there are still more trumps to come. Each Last trump will herald parts of the sequence in Gods Plan. How many times have we heard the trump in the Word.

ooohhhh i see. thanks

2006/5/26 19:46Profile

Re: The Last Trump

Ironman posted:
"it seems to me that this last trump, is the last one after the tribulation. i think when we meet with Him in the air it will be as He returns to earth to rule for a thousand years. i've oft wondered about the rapture and have sought the Lord on it and i'm convinced it will not happen like most people think where every believer is taken away. This will contribute to the falling away which muct happen and this is what i hear from heaven. For all the sermons i've heard and explanations about the rapture it doesn't sit well with me in my spirit this idea that we'll all be taken away."

Stever's response:

Imagine yourself in the Church, at Corinth, and Paul is preaching the resurrection prophecy that he received directly from Christ when he went up to heaven.

He mentions the "last trump". I am sitting in the audience right next to you, and I say-- I know! It is the last trump mentioned in the Book of Revelation!!

We have a major problem here.

#1 Paul was preaching this as revelation knowledge to the Church at Corinth. The members of the body would have to know exactly what it meant.

#2 The Book of Revelation would not be written for another 40-60 years.

So, we can see from the above that the "last trump" referred to in Corinth that day had nothing to do with the "last trump" referred to in the book of Revelation, many years later. One refers to before the Tribulation, and one refers to the end of the Tribulation.

God bless,

2006/5/27 1:14

Re:

Ironman posted:

it seems to me that not all the saints will be raptured at the same time. there will be some who will be called to remain to tend to those who are left behind and are at a loss as to why they had to stay. The Church as she is, is in no shape to be Christ's bride. We are in need of cleansing and purification, part of which is the separation of the true believers from those who purport to be believers. This will come via hardship and persecution, those sold out to God will endure by His grace and those who aren't will fall away. People keep saying that Christ can return at any time and this is false because Christ will return for a Church without spot, wrinkle or any such thing so we have to go through a fire first.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever’s response:

All believers today are without spot, wrinkle or any such thing. How can that be? Because of our belief in Jesus Christ. His righteousness is imputed to us. We are saved by what He did, not what we do.

As far as believers going through the Tribulation, I don’t think so. The Tribulation is described as the WRATH TO COME. Actually wrath has two meanings- the Great Tribulation and Hell. God’s word tells us that all Christian believers are already delivered from the wrath to come. Notice, it is in the past tense. Just like when we pray, at the end of the prayer we are to thank the Father for answering our prayer, eventhough we are waiting for Him to do so when He wills.

[1 Thes 1:10]
10. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

God bless,

2006/5/27 1:27

Quote:
The last trump is the last trump for The Body of Christ His Church, there are still more trumps to come. Each Last trump will herald parts of the sequence in Gods Plan.

Hi Phillip,

I think you're right about the [i]sequence[/i] in God's plan, but, it is not possible for there to be [i][b]more than one[/b][/i] LAST trump..... - in the same way it's not possible for more than one person to be first in a competition. Last means last. No-one can come after the last person, either..... Same applies to trumps, I believe.

2006/5/27 9:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy