SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How Close Are We?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Here's what I know

and I won't deign to call this prophecy,anymore than I'll say I can predict the weather when I feel rain on my face.

1. Within 2 years (or much sooner) Israel will bolt out of the blue subject Iran to nuclear attack.

2. Within 2 years or less, the United States will invade Iran.

3. Within two years of less the United States will have a nuclear device denonated on its soil by islamist terrorists resulting in 50,000 plus casualties. This will lead to some very dire official consequences for Muslims who live in America, possibly mass detention in the name of national security.

4. I am certain that Iran is nuclear capable at this moment, and I am certain that islamist terrorists have nuclear material within the continental United States and they have an operational timeclock for their use. Ballparks, Disneyland, Nascar races, anywhere Americans gather in numbers.

Quote:
In May 1998 US congressman Curt Weldon met with General Alexander Lebed,
former Secretary of the National Security Council in Russia (1). In that
meeting Lebed mentioned that the Soviet Union had manufactured 132 suitcase
nuclear explosive devices, and could locate only 48 of them. These devices
have an explosive charge of about 1 kiloton. They where allegedly created
for the KGB, to be used around the world in the event of a conflict with
Russia. A 1 kiloton nuclear device has a blast radius of about 500 meters,
and is capable of destroying part of a city center, or any landmark
building. Lebed said one person could detonate such a bomb by himself.

In an article in the Jerusalem Report(2) in 1999 Yossef Bodansky says that
Bin Laden has acquired portable nuclear devices. Bodansky reports that Bin
Laden’s associates acquired the devices through Chechnya, paying the
Chechens $30 million in cash and two tons of Afghan heroin. Bodanksy is
Director of the US House of Representatives Task Force on Terrorism and
Unconventional Warfare, Senior Editor of Defense & Foreign Affairs
publications and director of The International Strategic Studies Association
(3).

Israeli military intelligence sources reported that Bin Laden paid over 2
million pounds sterling to a middle-man in Kazakhstan, who promised to
deliver a “suitcase” nuclear bomb to Bin Laden within two years.

http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2001-September/014026.html

Obviously faith in the Lord and prayer are the only antitodes for the comming hellstorm.

bartle

2006/7/15 4:35

Re:

Letsgetbusy said:

"So OT saints were sleeping until Jesus rescued 'captivity captives' (OT saints) during His three days while his body was in the tomb."

Stever's response:

Christ was in the belly of the earth for the three days you refer to. He actually ascended to Heaven after he resurrected from the dead. Remember after his resurrection He met Mary in the Garden, and told her not to touch Him because he had not yet ascended to His Father? Then, later that day He met with His disciples, after His ascension? At this time, he allowed His Disciples to see his wounds, etc. to prove to them that he was not a spirit, but flesh and bone. Then, 8 days later, Thomas placed his hands on Christ wounds. Christ could not be touched until after the ascension, that took place immediately after her saw Mary in the Garden:

John 20:15-28
" 15. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away.
16. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
19. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
21. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23. Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
24. But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
25. The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26. And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27. Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

God bless,

Stever :-D

Quote:

letsgetbusy wrote:
Ciy,

There are some different views of this, but one of the major ones that I agree with, is that OT saints were to be brought to heaven by Christ, after He shed His blood on the cross, whereas we immediately go to heaven upon death. Their sins were COVERED by the blood of animals, but Jesus' blood CLEANSES from all sin. So OT saints were sleeping until Jesus rescued 'captivity captives' (OT saints) during His three days while his body was in the tomb.

We have done quite a few threads on this topic, and agreed and disagreed over the points, so this is just one view of many (as far as I know).

Both OT and NT saints are saved by grace through faith. OT saints to the future Christ, NT saints (us) by the person and completed work of Christ.

2006/7/28 11:27

Re:

My advice:

1) Listen to this sermon - 'Hell, What Is It Like?' by David Wilkerson.

2) Pray over the fact that hearing what hell is like (the place where most friends and family members are heading) does not usually have the right effect. Does it bring weeping? Does it bring action? Sadly for me, it didn't.

3) Realise that whenever Jesus Christ does return, it doesn't matter. Because that will be a terrible day. No more chances for anybody. No more forgiveness or salvation. When Jesus comes, that's it. Everyone that has not believed thus far will be condemned to hell.

4) Conclude that it doesn't matter about speculating when Jesus does return, but instead realise that he is coming soon, as said at the very end of the Bible! This must prompt us into action to go out and spread the gospel.

2006/7/29 4:13
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

It does not say that Thomas did touch Jesus. It does say because Thomas saw Him he believed.
By saying my Lord and my God, Thomas proclaimed that Jesus was not just Jesus Christ, but Lord and God, which up until that time had not been proclaimed. Thomas' belief went far beyond the touching which Jesus gave permission to do. Thomas' faith was so changed even by the presence of Jesus not the touching, that he knew who it was. Jesus and Very God and His Lord.

Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.

In Christ: Phillip

2006/7/29 5:20Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Have watched the video and it is great! Thank you for telling us about it. It was obviously made some years ago, but it still speaks. God bless.

2006/7/29 8:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy