SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : WHY DONT THEY ???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

WHY DONT THEY ???

I have a hard time understanding some people...
Ive been an ateist and a sinner most of my life...
But the day i meet god everything changed.. i relise some people take a bit longer to come...
but wat puzzles me is that i have friends that are belivers.. but they dont want to pray... they dont want to witness... they dont wanna feel no pain or suffering.. they want what should i call it.....a free ride... they want all god can give them but dont wanna do anything....

and i cant understand it... i understand if u dont belive in god.
but if one call themself a child of god... a christian...

Why dont they go forward???
me myself havent been a christian for so long , about a year soon.
But i have a hunger for god, i can sit in church and long for my secret closet at home.
i want more of god every day i wanna pray more read more....

now some days are harder then others... but my hunger for god never goes away.
i know many people have such a hunger, but why so many that dont??? why are people content whit little??? i want it all... i want the living god!!

some say it becuse i had a "encounter" a strong salvation experience. maybe so....but if u dident shouldent that spur someone to seek him even more??

i dont know i just want to hear what my brothers and sisters have to say about this issue...

gods peace to you
christian

2006/5/25 8:31Profile
Logic

Re: WHY DONT THEY ???

[b]Matthew 16:23[/b] [color=990000]But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for you do not mind the things of God, but the things of men.[/color]
Or in other words, "They think like everyone else and not like God."

They have a man centered religion, everyone need a Christ centered view on who GOD is.

Their religion is based on humanism instead of faith.
Humanism is a system of thought that centers on humans and their values, capacities, and worth.
Humanism concerns with the interests, needs, and welfare of humans:

There are 5 kinds of Christians that are taken from a sermon of Paris Readhead, four are Humanistic and only one is the true walk of faith.
We know them by how they relate to Jesus.

[b]1)[/b] Those who have met the "[u]forgiving Christ[/u]." That is, they have "accepted Jesus" primarily [b]to escape hell, suffering, and punishment.[/b]

[b]2)[/b] Those who have met the "[u]utilitarian Christ[/u]." That is, they have found that [b]God can help them get what they need[/b] -- their whole interest in Christianity is that they should be taken care of by faith.

[b]3)[/b] Those who have met the "[u]status-giving Christ[/u]." These have joined the Church because they wanted fellowship and to be around the people. [b]Position within[/b] the group is also typically very important within this group, and any [b]achievement[/b] is hailed as part of the "glory of God."

[b]4)[/b] Those who have met the "[u]emotion-satisfying Christ[/u]." Their whole purpose in Christianity and religion is to [b]satisfy their emotional needs[/b]. They look for everything that will make them laugh, cry, or both.

[b]5)[/b] Those "who have met the Holy God and the Sovereign Christ." They have seen their terrible sinfulness and have known forgiveness, their prayers have been answered, they have found status as God's Children, and they have been filled with the Joy of God. But in addition to all this, this group is living only for God's glory and to walk according to the Cross. Only this fifth group is the true Church of God.

Which group do you fit in?

Let’s be done, once for all, with Humanistic Christianity that makes God a means, instead of the glorious end that He is.

2006/5/25 10:45Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: WHY DONT THEY ???

Brother Logic wrote:

Quote:
5) Those "who have met the Holy God and the Sovereign Christ." They have seen their terrible sinfulness and have known forgiveness, their prayers have been answered, they have found status as God's Children, and they have been filled with the Joy of God. But in addition to all this, this group is living only for God's glory and to walk according to the Cross. Only this fifth group is the true Church of God.

Brother, what you describe here is someone who keeps on keepin on. As we continue dwell in Christ He will do what you have summarized here.

The first groups that you mention, are those who have not yet come to realize what Salvation means to those who freely enter in to the blood of Christ.

They have not yet experienced the work of God that "calls one out of this world." They still look for satisfaction and friendship with this world. They have not experienced the joy of fellowship, the joy of how the truth will begin to seperate and extinguish all those hopes that the world has filled their hearts with. The substance of these worldly hopes will always cause strife and division.

But the wisdom of God is both peaceful and filling.

Keep on preachin

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/25 11:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy