Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bringing my wife to Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Bringing my wife to Christ

I have been trying to bring my wife to Christ over the last few months.She told me that it seems like I do not like to have fun since Ive rededicated my life to HIM.I know she didnt mean to hurt me,but at that point (2 months ago)I would come home from work and watch videos sermons until 9pm on my pc,spending no time with her while she watched tv.I talked to my pastor and he recommended me spend more time with her.Now I am feeling miserable at the lack of spirituality I have now.I want to be a good representative to her of GOD but at the same time, I dont want to give in and watch American Idol with her for the sake of company.Im in a tight spot.Have any of you been in a similar situation?
GOD Bless
John

2006/5/24 10:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Bringing my wife to Christ

I would suggest that perhaps you find a middle ground with her and ask her to set aside one or two nights a week and do something other than watch sermons or watch TV. Get out of the house, go for walks, play raquetball or something, just spend time together. Sitting in front of the TV is not really spending time together, you might be in the same room but you're not really spending time with her.

Pray much, trust in the Lord, he will use you to reach her. Let her know she is accepted and loved unconditionally. If she is willing to talk about religion then sieze the opportunity and trust in the Spirit to give you the words of life.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/5/24 11:19Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i had exactly the same dilemma as you. i got so born again it feelt like my family was in the way...i listen to sermons and read the word all night and all day long. My wife thougt id gone crasy she came to christ a short wile later...but she wasent born again... she watched the same tv programs talked the same gosip and nothing happend to her... i did all the mistakes you can do tried to force her and screamed and so on.... then when i relised i did more harm then good i just was quiet... i fasted and prayed for her... many months... and God is faithful... now we read the word toghter we pray togehter...
and i trust god to awaken her fully...
but u must have "balance" do give time to your wife... but not watching tv and so on... god wants you ta enjoy eatchoters company..as long as it god in his view.

i can only say what happend to me... ive prayed so much..i cried so much .. ive fasted id almost given up sometimes... but glory to god... he will awnser our prayers... haleluja... and if you want to hear a good sermon listen to keith daniels hurting home....

it did something good for me... i will pray for u and your wife...

i hope i was to some help for u

christian

2006/5/24 11:38Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Thats the thing. She seems to be interested in GOD and Jesus and she says she prays.She says prayers with our children at night. But,even if she has said the "Sinners Prayer", I have never seen fruits of it. I know I am very,very good at reading about GOD and testimonies of people,but my prayers arent very in depth,and seems kind of casual in sense. I am reading the complete works of EM Bounds and also a book by Wesley Duewel.Maybe I should lay off of the reading and concentrate on the prayer and fasting?Thanks so much for your uplifting advice. Keep them coming!
John

2006/5/24 12:23Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Blessings...

We will be praying for you.

2006/5/24 12:37Profile

Re:

God has not called you to soak your brain with sermons at the expense of your marital relationship. I agree that you must find a middle ground. Your wife feels neglected, and if you're spending 3 or 4 hours a night listening to sermons, she has a right to feel that way.

You say you "feel" less spiritual. Walking this journey of being a child a God is not about "feeling" spiritual... it's about BEING spiritual. And there is no better way for a Christian husband to BE spiritual than to BE a good, caring and thoughtful husband.

Engage your wife in deeper conversations about God. Get your butt out of bed earlier to spend time with God while she sleeps. When you get excited about something God has revealed to you in scripture, share it with her. INVOLVE her in your walk with Christ. Otherwise, the two of you will grow apart. The more you involve her, the more she will see God working in your life, and eventually she will come along side you and get saved.

Keep going the way you're going and you'll be hiring an attorney.

Krispy

2006/5/24 13:10
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Jamcoor...

I will be praying for you, your wife and your marriage.

Matthew 11:28-30

:-)

2006/5/24 13:37Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

Thanks for all the replies.I think in time my lifestyle will change.I tend to be a very black/white person instead of in between.
I know all the spiritual knowledge in the world won't do me any good until it becomes manifest in the heart.This is my will and I know he thats asks shall recieve (if he asks with the right motives)
John

2006/5/24 14:45Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

This sermon from Ray comfort is great for the whole family, I listened last night and put it into practice this evening, I will do a copy for my wife to listen to...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=11499

from a Don Francisco song:
"I don't care if you pray for miracles
I don't care if you speak in tounges,
I don't care if you said you love me
in every song you sung
it doesn't matter that you know the bible
if it's all just in your head,
the thing I need to ask you
is have you done the things I said;

"do you love your wife?
for her and for your children
are you giving up your life?
What about the others,
are you living as a servant
to your sisters and your brothers
do you make a poor man beg you for a bone
do the widdow and the orphan cry alone?"
(eat the meat, spit out the bones ;-) )

2006/5/24 17:10Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

I would spend some time with your wife and spend the remaining time in the prayer and reading the Bible for yourself. I was a sermon junkie a couple of years ago and there's nothing wrong with listening to sermons but as Pastor David Wilkerson often says "The clearest word that you'll ever hear is when God speaks directly to your own heart."

Press in to Jesus and then do what He asks you to do and He will use you to woo your wife's heart to Jesus.

2006/5/24 18:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy