Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War on the saints

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I at times wonder about the "demonology" of the Church today. It is true that there are demons, and that satan seeketh to devour whom he may, yet I wonder if I am being too simple by saying that God is sovereign, and as we see from the book of Job, everything the devil would do in my life is allowed of God. Then when His purpose is accomplished, He tells the wicked one "stop, that is enough!"
I don't know, this seems to be part of salvation, after all Jesus destroyed the works of the devil - "For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil." 1 John 3.8
And what about this scripture "1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and [b]that wicked one toucheth him not.[/b]
Simply reading through 1 John, you will see that the phrase "that wicked one" is about the devil ( 1 John 2.13,14; 1 John 3.12; 1 John 5.18)
I'm sure there are more but I am short on time. Please give me feedback, I may be off, but I see victory in this stance reather than fear, and worry. It has helped me much to know that satan has absolutely no power save that which is given him by my Father!
Amen

2006/5/30 13:17Profile
Graftedbranc

Re:

I think God's intent is for us to grow up in all things into Christ who is the Head. But in so doing, as the Song of Songs shows us, we eventually become constituted and equipped to be soldiers in His Army to deal with His enemy and to advance the Kingdom of God.

The Lord Jesus judged Satan and His kindom on the Cross but it is our job through the Spirit to apply and execute this judgement even as the Lord said, 'If I, by the Spirit do cast out demons, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you".

God desires to bring us on and out of ourselves and our struggles to overcome personal sin and such into the sphere of His warfare.

Remember the land of Cannan was flowing with Milk and honey but it had to be wrested from those who occupied it.

God gave them the land but they had to take it.

God's desire is for His people to encamp around the tent of meeting Where His Presence dwelt and to be soldiers in His Army for His move on the earth.

As we advance in the spiritual life, the Lord's goal is to constitute us with Himself as "Young men who have overcome the evil one". To be soldiers not taken up with our own little spiritual defeats and victories, but to be engaged in His interest to further His kingdom.

As we are built up together with other members of the body of Christ we become an Army to engage the spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places and to do battle with the heavenly hosts engaging in spiritual warfare.

And through this warfare, the tracks are laid for the spreading of the gospel and God's move on the earth. God needs those who are strong in spirit, learned in all the weapons of war, built up together with others, and able to stand against the powers of darkness.

Ephesians 6:12 "For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritul forces of evil in the heavenlies".

Graftedbranch

2006/5/30 20:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy