SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : aarondisney checking in!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
aarondisney

aarondisney checking in!!

Hello, everyone.
I'm new around here. My name is Aaron Disney (as is indicated by my username). I am from Evansville Indiana, I go to East Side Church of God and am an adult sunday school teacher. I've not even really read any of the forums on here. As far as the controversial subjects go - I fall on the Arminian side of the Arminian/Calvinism issue. I do not believe the gifts of the Spirit have ceased. I am a dispensationalist (still learning on that one and have questioned some of the dispensational positions).
But I would imagine I have more in common with most of you than our differences.

God bless
Aaron

2006/5/23 14:05Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re: aarondisney checking in!!

Welcome to SI Aaron,

Are beliefs are very similar and I'm also a believer in what the old-timers referred to as "entire sanctification" as the Wesley brothers coined it. Welcome to SI.

I'm just here to lift up the name of Jesus. I'm so glad that the truth is a person and not a doctrine. Jesus is the truth... I don't profess to have it all figured out but am simply following Him with all my heart, soul and mind.

I'm not sure how far you are away from Indianapolis but our fellowship is getting ready to air broadcasts from a Christian station called WBRI AM in Indianapolis next week. Not sure if you're interested but thought I would mention it since it doesn't appear to be too far from you.

Blessings to you in the precious name of Jesus and welcome again to SermonIndex.

2006/5/23 14:50Profile
roadsign

Re: Welcome

Hi, Aaron, welcome to SI. Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself. I admit, I am a theological mutt - that is, not purebread anything. As I sit at the feet of Jesus, he is constantly transforming my mind, that is, my way of looking at things. He draws me to himself. He is all that matters.

I am always concerned about any theological position that erodes one's pure trust in Christ, and clutters their minds was "loads".

You will find your thinking deeply enriched as you dig in here, and listen to the many audios sermons and read the articles. They make great launching pads for discussion.

Diane

2006/5/23 15:48Profile
aarondisney

Re:

Hi Habakkuk3,
I'm from Evansville, which is at the very bottom of Indiana. In the southwest corner. If the station is an AM station, I can sometimes pick things up from far away. I got something from Cleveland, OH once so tell me the station number, and I'll give it a try.
God bless,
Aaron

2006/5/23 17:05Profile
habakkuk3

Virginia

Re:

Hi Aaron,

It's AM 1500 in Indy. We've got 13 cities and will starting in the book of Romans on Monday. If you can pick up the station, please let me know and I'll drop you a message with the time. I can't keep them all straight...

It will also be streamed online at 1:00 p.m. and 11 p.m. on two local radio stations in the Washington DC area at [url=www.wava.com]Washington DC Christian Radio[/url].

2006/5/23 17:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Hi Brother,

Great that you found this resource. "Arminian side" well in that case you will find ourselve at home with alot of "modified arminians" such as tozer, ravenhill, havner and others. I think there is such vital and precious truth to be gleamed from both sides of the issue, the point for me is if people "know God" I want to hear from these people that experienced God in truth and didn't just craft fine and neat ascetic doctrine.

If you haven't yet check out this recording: Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead. Bless you brother.

2006/5/24 1:21Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: aarondisney checking in!!

Hey Aaron (cool name ;-)),

I must say that it's refreshing to have someone come right out and say what side of the fence they lean on. Most of the time you don't find out until you trip over it (and usually land on their toes in the process). Their are a few of us that came from the "dispensational arminianist" bend. Mind you, most of us would now say, that when it come to choosing between Calvin and Arminus, we choose God.

May I recommend George Verwer's [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=10867]Balance, Not Tangents[/url] (get used to the recommendations, you'll get alot), and anything by Keith Daniel? Both these guys are really good at sorting our the election/freewill issue in practicle terms.

Anyway, welcome aboard,

2006/5/24 8:16Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I think there is such vital and precious truth to be gleamed from both sides of the issue, the point for me is if people "know God" I want to hear from these people that experienced God in truth and didn't just craft fine and neat ascetic doctrine.

Amen, It is better to know God and let the doctrine fall where it may then to know the doctrine and not know God.

2006/5/24 12:42Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Welcome Aaron.

Some great responses here...

Quote:
"modified arminians"

:-D

Can still hear Keith Daniel's chuckle at the prospect of confussion over which side of the issue he falls on (neither\both)...

Just as it ought to be.

As far as I can tell the only way to know if one is predestined is to be post destined.

You are in great company here brother, a warm welcome to you.

2006/5/24 15:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy