SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who Is Willing To Be An Example?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

Who Is Willing To Be An Example?

Who of you is willing to look in the mirror? Who of you is willing to lay his heart out on the table for all the world to see? Who of you prophets, teachers, ministry workers?

Let us not analyze anyone except ourselves for this moment. Are you willing to lay your heart out for all to see? For this is what the Lord is asking for. For a heart that is transparent, not hiding anything. If you are hiding anything- then how can we counsel others. How can we exhort others to do right.

Oh, how we love the “looking up to” from others, but we must examine our hearts continually. Actually we must let the Lord examine and allow Him a voice that speaks the truth.

Do we only choose to see negative things about others and only positive things about ourselves? Are we in denial somewhere, continually not willing to deal with some area because it seems impossible. Maybe you’ve put it off for so long- it doesn’t feel like sin anymore. Your heart has hardened over that area.

If we are to live as Christ then our hearts are to become like Christ’s. It is possible to continually transform unto His likeness – but it is not by our doing this or that – but by allowing Him all access to us- heart, mind, and body-every part.

No part is kept secret from Him. We insult him to allow ourselves to think we can hide even one single tiny thing.

Yes! It is time that the ones we are calling out to- have actual examples of “embodiments” of Christ. If we are to lead a new generation into holiness –because it is no longer us that lives in us, but Christ Himself- this next generation should have some excellent examples in us!

Let us live up to this, for the sake of others who are looking for righteousness!

(C.R. 2003)
(that's me)

2004/1/6 14:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Who Is Willing To Be An Example?

Quote:
Let us not analyze anyone except ourselves for this moment. Are you willing to lay your heart out for all to see? For this is what the Lord is asking for.

All who long for world-wide Revival must see to it that they [b]hasten the day by [i]personally[/i][/b] entering the Spirit-filled life, whilst congregations must seek-what may never have entered their minds before as possible-to have their "Pentecost."
-Jessie Penn-Lewis

Chanin you are right on that we need to come to God [b]personally[/b] (individually) and give our lifes afresh to His leading and control in our lifes. To enter afresh into the Spirit-filled life.

I quoted about evan roberts that, "He lived in the supernatural" and Mike (crsschk) responded with: Where the real living is! I want to move there,.....permanently!

Quote:
Let us live up to this, for the sake of others who are looking for righteousness!

Yes, lets get to that place where we are living examples for Christ! I have been listening to this message: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2982]Wanted: Preachers with Passion & Power by Alan Cairns[/url] He shows the great heritage of revivals and movings of God, but showing how we have to live up to be that person God uses for [b]our[/b] generation! This starts individually.. Lord us me!

2004/1/10 13:22Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Greg, I don't know about you, but I feel something is moving, that something is going on. I feel like the Lord is making a serious effort to rip blinders off people's eyes. To pierce through hardened hearts. To make Himself known to people who have been lukewarm for too long. I am trying to remain calm and pray through this. But I can't help but hold back some excitement here.

You're right. It all starts with our own hearts, our own selves.

In His service, Chanin :-)

2004/1/10 13:51Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, I don't know about you, but I feel something is moving, that something is going on. I feel like the Lord is making a serious effort to rip blinders off people's eyes. To pierce through hardened hearts. To make Himself known to people who have been lukewarm for too long. I am trying to remain calm and pray through this. But I can't help but hold back some excitement here.

I have a had another brother feel the same way. that something is happening. The Lord is moving in peoples hearts. This is 2004 which is the 100 year anniversary of the 1904 Welsh Revival. I am reading about that revival and am hoping to get alot of resources available for people to read and get stirred in their heart.

I am very excited with what is possible for the Lord to do through me, through you in the year 2004 and beyond. We have been 'lukewarm for too long'.

I just finished reading the book 'Escape from Christendom' by Robert Burnell. WOW I am desiring to go all out with the Lord even though it may be a lonely path. Let's walk away from lukewarmness in our hearts and go out seeking what the Lord has for us.

2004/1/10 14:21Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Praise God! I read Escape From Christendom almost 3 years ago. It changed everything for me. I would have to say Escape from Christendom and Ten Shekels were the two most life changing things I've read (other than the Bible). It exposed the falseness of today's "prosperity", of the "Left Behind" theory and many other false things. This is why I always refer to most of Christianity as "Christian City". :-D

I know a few people who have tried to follow that path into the desert and turned back to Christian City. It's much worse to have walked that way awhile and then turn back- the chances that you'll ever start that path again- who knows! It's like that verse "a dog goes back to it's own vomit, a sow that's been cleaned goes back to wallowing in the mud".

It scared me enough to not turn back- even though I got close many times.

Giving people the living water- passing that out and "reviving" them. This is what happens after we learn to surrender and we've gone throught he wildernesses. It's so exciting!

2004/1/10 14:34Profile
5nva

Re:

Greg, Chanin or anyone, can you tell me where I can buy this book by Robert Burnell. I checked CBD and it doesn't look like they have it.

Also, who is Robert Burnell?

Thanks,

Mike

2004/1/10 16:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg, Chanin or anyone, can you tell me where I can buy this book by Robert Burnell. I checked CBD and it doesn't look like they have it.

I'll send it to you.. what's your mailing address? PM (Private Message) it to me.

This is from the back of the book:
Christendom offers you God and egoism. It offers you prosperity and pleasure, fellowship without obligation, and success unhindered by devotion. It calls you to meetings but not to commitment. It extracts the pain from discipleship and leaves you with an empty heart. It is a counterfeit christianity! CHRIST, on the other hand, offers Himself! and He is enough!

2004/1/10 16:46Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Mike, you don't need to buy it in book form. It is on alot of sites out there. It's very short. It's on my site (actually from "a wilderness voice")but the link does not seem to be working. You can read it here also: http://geocities.com/debbiewhit2000/guests/burnell/escape.html

Blessings, Chanin

2004/1/10 16:52Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Greg, I didn't even know that it came in book form. I'll have to look for it. I have copied that thing off- all twenty some-pages, for other people :-o

Silly me, Chanin

2004/1/10 16:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Silly me, Chanin

hehe. I have this one from bethany fellowship:
ISBN 0-87123-140-9

(it has some neat pictures for each chapter also! ) I will look to see if I have another one maybe.

2004/1/10 16:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy