SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The bible is NOT the Word of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: My Words shall not pass away

Quote:

beenblake wrote:
The Bible is NOT the Word of God. Upon hearing this, some people will become upset and/or concerned. Some will accuse me of promoting lies, or having a spirit of the Anti-Christ. I do understand why some will say such things as the bible has been widely believed by the Church as being the Word of God, though it is not. Before I am judged in this matter, all I ask of you is to open your heart and mind. Please let me plead my case, for I am doing so for Christ. This is what my Lord has asked of me and I know it will not be well received.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stever's second reply:

Blake, Christ’s Word tells us that his Words (meaning the Bible) would NEVER pass away.

Luke 21: 33. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Christ would never tell anyone to post what you have posted here. It is blasphemous. It is from the pits of hell. The “lord” who asked you to post this is nothing more than Satan or one of his demons. How do I know that? Because Satan would want all believers to minimize the Bible and rely on their feelings, to rely on the "spirit" that talks to them, and not God's Word, the Bible. We are to test the "spirit" that talks to us by what? By God's Word!

The Bible tells us that Apostasy will occur just before the Antichrist is revealed (2 Thes 2:3). Increasingly, experienced based Christianity is replacing the Bible as the standard for saving faith. The ecumenical movement is striving for unity at the expense of truth. Christ’s exclusive claims are negated in the name of tolerance.

Why do we need the Bible? To reveal truth and expose error. Your entire position on this matter exposes the error in your heart and in your walk. I pray brother that you will repent, and ask Him for forgiveness, and a new heart with His understanding.

God bless,

Stever

2006/5/19 12:41

Re:

Altho Stever's last post is a bit more blunt and abrasive than it probably needed to be... I cant say that I disagree with him. In fact, I do agree with him.

Krispy

2006/5/19 13:18
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Bro. Stever

I agree with Bro. Krispy on the tone of your reply. I feel it was somewhat off balance, though I also agree with you that this is not word from GOD but a trick from Lucifer himself. Still we must be ever mindful of our tongues Brothers.

The Word (the Bible) [i]IS[/i] GOD, therefore the Bible (the Word) [i]IS[/i] the [i]word of[/i] GOD. As is Christ (the Bible, the Word) GOD.

Bless you though Bro. Blake for bringing this to the forums. It has been tested among the Brothers and Sisters.

In HIS Love,
Scroggins

2006/5/19 13:32Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I don't know of anything in the Bible that did not oringinate from God. Does anyone else? If the Bible is a reflection of the character of God and His dealings with man, why shouldn't it be called "God's Word" if it oringinated from His Spirit?

2006/5/19 13:46Profile

Re: beenBlake

Stever posts:

Hello there, brothers and sisters in the Lord. I would hope and pray that if I fell into the spell of Lucifer or my own flesh (they are both hopelessly wicked) that all of you would bring me to my senses.

That was the purpose of my post. If you read my first response on this thread I was quite vague on what the real issue is. God has been convicting my heart that I needed to be more direct, and to get to the bottom of the issue.

The rebuke to Blake was in love, because if brother Blake does not repent and seek forgiveness, he could be lost forever. At the present time he is in grave error and lack of Spiritual discernment.

God bless,

Stever :-)

P.S. It would appear from Mike Balog's post, Sermonindex Moderator, that Blake has held this position before on sermonindex. We should all pray for Blake, with the weapons that we have at our disposal--Spiritual Warfare!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Scroggins posted:
Bro. Stever

I agree with Bro. Krispy on the tone of your reply. I feel it was somewhat off balance, though I also agree with you that this is not word from GOD but a trick from Lucifer himself. Still we must be ever mindful of our tongues Brothers.

The Word (the Bible) IS GOD, therefore the Bible (the Word) IS the word of GOD. As is Christ (the Bible, the Word) GOD.

2006/5/19 13:47
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I do know some men fall into the folly of just head knowledge of theology. They will study to make sure all their theology is "correct" and can't be disputed, not out of a love for God, but out of pride. They do not want to be shown they are wrong. That is a trap you can fall into. It's no different than a pridefull scientist that want's his theories to be precise, so he won't be confounded by others.

But praise God for these verses!

1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Isa 50:7 For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.

2006/5/19 13:53Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
The rebuke to Blake was in love, because if brother Blake does not repent and seek forgiveness, he could be lost forever. At the present time he is in grave error.

Yes Bro. Stever, that may very well be true. But remember the process in place for rebuking. Lets not make this thread a "rebuking fest" on Bro. Blake. But rather lets bless Bro. Blake. Because in his current state, I believe, he of all people may just need it. And whats more is the simple fact that he did bring it here to be tested. Among us Brothers and Sisters.

Whether he is oppressed by demonic forces (that attack the train of thought and basis of belief) or not, I cannot say for sure, and none of us really can but Bro. Blake himself.

lets continue to speak loving words in balance with the rebuking of bad doctrine. Public rebuking is quite a difficult task. So I feel it must only be a last course of action. All I can say further is that we must watch our words closely and speak them ever mindful of our tongues and the evil that dwells on them.

In short Bro. Stever, your rebuking was what I believe to have been necessary. But still, I pray that you put just a tad more emphasis on the grace. (as I am sure you will)

Lets hope that this doctrine that Bro. Blake has brought to us has not been presented to a non-believer or young in faith. This could be just as damaging, if not more, than that of the Da Vinci Code or any other blasphemous theory/doctrine. Regardless of its efforts or intent. The road to hell is paved with "good" intentions.

In Christ's Love,
Scroggins

2006/5/19 14:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
Hello there, brothers and sisters in the Lord. I would hope and pray that if I fell into the spell of Lucifer or my own flesh (they are both hopelessly wicked) that all of you would bring me to my senses.

Stver, believe me, I would rebuke you! You can be sure of that. But I would not punch you in the face in the process. At least not at first... :-)

Krispy

2006/5/19 15:04
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Quote:
Stver, believe me, I would rebuke you! You can be sure of that. But I would not punch you in the face in the process. At least not at first...

Amen.

Not at first.

:-P

2006/5/19 15:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Balance

In all honesty ...

I disagree.

Just as unecessary is the jumping to conclussions about motives and intent of our brother here. To point out the wrong is needed, to go beyond that to accusations of 'where his source' is coming from is conjecture and speculation. Seems ill advised to be leveling such a heavy charge, what are the few instances in scripture we have that would support this in this case?

If we were to read between the lines and be honest about it his point isn't entirely lost, the manner of how it was expressed is where there is concern and rightfully.

But his sentiments to the idea that many do indeed either hide behind the Bible, use it as a weapon to weild at their own discretion, a sheild to hide their real lives from (paradoxically), even to make an idol of it while missing the very life giving and soul ratifying understanding that it is...

There is the great danger of mis-expression that is always evident here, just as their is always the muddying problems we have as failable human beings, our thoughts mixed up with the Lords thought's that we understand inwardly. It is very much why personaly I am reticent to make the variable expression; "The Lord told me...". To let it escape the lip gate brings the sense of finality with it, something that seems missing in large by many of our modern day prophets, the seemingly little concern for those things that are said to be in His Name.

Nothing is being compromissed here either way, it is dangerous to let our emotions rule or overrule in these important matters, while at the same time not misappropriating a brother whose only offense may be that of misunderstanding or misapplication. To be sure it is periously close, borderline heresy, but still the bordeline nonetheless.

This verse came to mind earlier;

The high priest then asked Jesus about His disciples and His doctrine.

Jesus answered him, “I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing. Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard Me what I said to them. Indeed they know what I said.”

And when He had said these things, one of the officers who stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, “Do You answer the high priest like that?”

Jesus answered him, [i]“If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?”[/i]

John 18:19-23

It is a question for our hearts as well.

2006/5/19 16:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy