SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Kind Of Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Meg

Augusta Ga USA

A Kind Of Healing

I’ve been thinking and praying a lot about healing lately. Because David Wilkerson’s 13 year old granddaughter died of brain cancer. Because as Christians, we tend to expect Jesus to heal us miraculously like He did in the Gospels. Because we don’t understand why He doesn’t seem to do that sort of thing any more.

I was at the grocery store this afternoon, and on my way out the door, I noticed a handicapped woman in one of those riding grocery carts. She was all alone, out in the outer entry where carts are stored, and she was slumped in the seat looking very lonely, and seemed unable to figure out how to get the cart to run. I actually made it outside before I remembered that I am a Christian with two healthy legs, and that woman looked like she needed help. So I went back in and asked her did she need help. She asked me if I knew how to run the cart, and I said no, but I can get someone who does, then went inside to find an employee. When I came back with help, she looked absolutely radiant when she thanked me...

I prayed about this later after I got home. The Lord led me to see that if He just healed us like that we wouldn’t need each other. I believe that God made us for each other, and that by reaching out to each other, we can heal in ways that mean quite a bit. There is a big difference between giving a handout and taking a hand. I want to be the kind of person who takes hands. Jesus takes the time to get to know us, so wouldn’t being Christ like mean doing the same for one another? I’m really new at trying to be a successful and meaningful Christian person. Does anybody have experience with Christian giving in person? I don’t think I am called to be a Pastor/Minister; can the rest of us give more than money the way our Ministers try to? Is there more to giving time and energy than serving food in food banks and soup kitchens?

If you have experience with personal (is lay ministry the term?) Could you share ideas and experiences?

Thanks. In Christ, Meg

2004/1/5 18:35Profile
moreofHim

Re: A Kind Of Healing

Meg, there seems to be
so many different reasons and answers as to why God does or does not heal someone. Though someone might be physically handicapped, or physically wounded- I feel it is worse to be spiritually handicapped or wounded.

Most christians who have handicaps or what not- have said the same. It's better to have a whole, healed heart than a whole healed body but be sick inside.

Many times when the Lord spoke to me about people being healed and whole- I didn't realize that He meant in the heart- where it matters most. He does do this kind of healing all the time. And it takes sometimes , just as much prayer and devotion.

You are right about trying to do more than just helping in soup kitchens, etc... We have so many opportunities to help and to bring healing and wholeness to others.

The best thing we can do is bring "Life" to them. The only way to do this is by living a "Christ-life" all the time. The only way to live a "Christ-life" is to get rid of our old "self" (die to self) and where we are no longer- Christ lives there!

It is nice to be able to do good works and we should- but still it is all in vain if we are not bringing them "Life" itself. Here is something the Lord gave me about a year ago when I was getting caught up in trying to "do all of these good things" and "ministries."
"...serve the Lord everyday in your everyday life.
Why must you worry about ministries?
Your life is to be a ministry, the way you live out your life.
The way you walk and talk with your children. The way you act or talk to others at the grocery store, gas station, wherever you go.
Be a resemblence of Me. For I send you out into the world to be My example, lest your "ministry" become a god to you, an idol."

These are not very good examples I guess, at least not many- but if you let the Lord be Lord in your life- He will give you plenty of opportunities. Just like when you went back and helped that lady. It will become very natural for you to do this as time goes on, as you grow in Him.

Keep growing in Him,

~Chanin

2004/1/5 23:14Profile
Meg

Augusta Ga USA

Re:

Thanks moreofHim, I think I needed some reassurance. I truely believe that worship is a living thing and that active obedience is true worship.

I just listened to the latest sermon, Wilkerson on witchcraft in the church. It was the second half of the sermon that hit me really hard. I am a very low status person, and I deal with a lot of hurt and bitterness. I'm wandering around on my own trying to find a church and always feeling uncomfortable among groups of strangers and horribly embarrassed because I don't have enough money to give much. Talk about roots of bitterness! Yikes, I'm finding them everywhere, and all I can do is pray and strive to repent! Today was pretty rough, and I feel that Jesus is pointing these things out to me so I can learn. I'm not giving up, not at all; just in a place of transition I guess, as He teaches me to repent and heal...

May the Grace of the Lord be with you, Meg

2004/1/7 18:22Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Meg, you are not a low status person to Christ. I know it is hard, though. Most people are intimidating when you don't feel "at their level". I grew up very shy as a kid and know what it's like to feel embaressed or uncomfortable for no real reson at all.

The Lord honors your heart, Meg. Don't feel like you have to give money or anything else right now. All He really wants from you is just 100% of your heart.

Your exactly right about worship. It's a lifestyle. Not 20 minutes singing songs or whatever, It's about laying ourselves on His altar and offering ourselves up to Him. That's how they worshipped even in the old Testament. They offered something up on the altar.

This is enough for Him. Don't let anyone tell you anything different. He will lead you to do what He wants you to do- if it's a way to give something- so be it.

I want you to read something that the Lord impressed on my heart when I was asking Him about why feel people feel inadequte, etc...

Do You Feel Worthy (accepted)?

It all starts in the home. This “conditional” love or “lack of unconditional love”. You are who I created you to be and no one else’s standard. You fit the mold I made you into. Do not be deceived by the enemy- that you are to be the way the world says you are- to be accepted.

Hear Me now, My children, My love for you is everlasting. To those of you who have felt only accepted for certain looks or behaviors- you have been lied to!

Yes, with most it starts with your parents or guardians, and theirs was passed down from theirs. Will you not allow Me to take this away? Will you not allow Me to completely heal your heart and make it whole? For you cannot love Me with all of your heart, mind and soul if they are not whole and healed.

Your worth comes from Me. It is not in the world’s view of worth. This is such a deception that is hiding itself behind a veil. This deception is a lie. The image you think is to be you is a lie!

I have your standards written on My heart and in My word. These are the only requirements you need to meet. Don’t look to the world for your requirements. Come and let us open up your heart, let Me fix what is broken and smeared with falsehood.

I am saying this to all who needed to compare themselves, all who never felt good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, thin enough. It breaks my heart to see parents passing this down to their children when there is a way to stop it. I can fix what is not right. I can stop this cycle but you must lay your old self down.

Yes, My blood covered your sin and still does but what about your flesh- your old self. It needs to be put down, crucified. Your flesh is where your own will and emotions are. These are where you stumble because you cannot let them go. I want you to walk in the Spirit- be Spirit led- not led by the flesh. It takes healing and renewed thinking. Won’t you let Me do this for you?

I want a people who can be 100% dedicated to Me, but how can you be when you are still dedicated to your problems? Let us work on these things so that I may have a beautiful, spotless bride –walking in complete freedom.

Wouldn’t you all like to be walking in freedom? The freedom of a child, when you did not care what you looked like to others or who thought you were a certain way? Pure and simple innocence. Don’t you long for this?

~~~"Let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. Let us walk properly in the day…not in strife and envy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill it’s lusts.” Romans13:12-14"~~~

~Yes, Lord, we want to be free. Free from bondages of old mind sets. Free to be your children, to be who You created us to be and no one else. Take our hearts and show us where we need work. Show us how to be healed and whole so that we can be an example for You, so that You can dwell in a place of wholeness and simplicity. If we are your temples, let us be worthy of your dwelling. We thank you for loving us and creating us like You did; and we want to glorify You in everything we do. Amen.~

2004/1/7 18:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy