Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Derek Prince? Demonology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Forevidence

Riverside

Derek Prince? Demonology

I have been listening to alot of Derek Prince teachings on demonology and expelling them. I have found to my experience that he is very sound on this topic. But wisdom is found in a multitude of counselors, therefore I was wondering what everyone thought about him and his ministry...

I particular want to know about the question whether or not Christians can have demons.

2006/5/9 12:21Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Derek Prince? Demonology

I'm not really familar with him. Does he believe a Christian can have demons or no?

2006/5/9 14:51Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

I really rate him, I like his style.

If I am not mistaken he uses the logic, that if the word points toward a certain direction of truth it must be valid. At the same time however if another part of the word appears to indicate another aspect of the same truth he does not discredit the first position.

So in between these two points you may roam, and no further, I suppose another way of putting it is to say he does not choose calvinism or armenianism, they are both in the bible. :-)

As you can tell he is one of my favourite bible teachers.

2006/5/9 15:39Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Derek Prince

While serving with the British army in World War II, he began to study the Bible and experienced a life-changing encounter with Jesus Christ. Out of this encounter he formed two conclusions: first, that Jesus Christ is alive; second, that the Bible is a true, relevant, up-to-date book. These conclusions altered the whole course of his life. Since then, he has devoted his life to studying and teaching the Bible. He is a huge authority on Demonology and Excorcism.

He believes that demons can't be possessed but he believes they can have demons though. He makes a distinction in the greek translation of the word possesion.

3.To be demonized
G1139
δαιμονίζομαι
daimonizomai
To be demonized. KJV incorrectly translates to be “possessed with devils.” There is nothing in the greek to support the use of the word “possessed,” which is completely misleading. See Matt.8:16,28,33; 9:32; 12:22; 15:22; Mark 1:32; 5:15, 16, 18; Luke 8:36

He states that there is not implication of possession in the greek in either this word or in any other of the words used to describe those who have demonic problems.

If you have time listen to this teaching and let me know what you think...

[url=http://www.consuming-fire.us/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=129]How to Recognize and Expel Demons[/url]

2006/5/9 15:43Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

ZekeO,

I agree with you it seems that he has a balanced view on many different things. Did you happen to ever listen to any of his 'deliverance teachings' which he seems to be balanced in as well?

2006/5/9 15:45Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Forevidence wrote:
ZekeO,

I agree with you it seems that he has a balanced view on many different things. Did you happen to ever listen to any of his 'deliverance teachings' which he seems to be balanced in as well?

I cannot remember too many details, but I do know it was one of the people God used to place some good theology in me. He is very methodical about it, and I can't imagine him getting wound up casting devils out/off people.

I think what makes me like him is what you mentioned in your previous post about him. He learned greek as a scholar and not as a seminary student. This I feel gives him allot of credence to his understanding of greek tenses and meaning. He read the greek, with the understanding of the language not necessarily looking for the greek to mean something based upon his pet theology.

2006/5/9 16:05Profile
Forevidence

Riverside

Re:

Quote:
and I can't imagine him getting wound up casting devils out/off people.

Wow!That is suprising. He mostly known for doing that! You need to listen to that teaching that I put below in my presvious posts.

2006/5/9 16:12Profile

Re:

Forevidence wrote

Quote:
He believes that demons can't be possessed but he believes they can have demons though. He makes a distinction in the greek translation of the word possesion.

3.To be demonized
G1139
δαιμονίζομαι
daimonizomai
To be demonized. KJV incorrectly translates to be “possessed with devils.” There is nothing in the greek to support the use of the word “possessed,” which is completely misleading. See Matt.8:16,28,33; 9:32; 12:22; 15:22; Mark 1:32; 5:15, 16, 18; Luke 8:36

He states that there is not implication of possession in the greek in either this word or in any other of the words used to describe those who have demonic problems.

This makes sense from my experience. Demons affect the way a person thinks, and being freed from a demon affects how the person thinks afterwards. It is the [i]mind-control[/i] aspect of demons which leads to the rest of any trouble the person experiences because of them / it.

ZekeO said
Quote:
I think what makes me like him is what you mentioned in your previous post about him. He learned greek as a scholar and not as a seminary student. This I feel gives him allot of credence to his understanding of greek tenses and meaning. He read the greek, with the understanding of the language [b]not necessarily looking for the greek to mean something based upon his pet theology[/b].

Sounds good. I see where you're coming from, and agree.

2006/5/10 8:06
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Hmm.. I don't think I Christian can "have" a demon. I think a Christian can be oppressed, in other words torrmented or pressured by one.

I just don't think that a demon can be 'in' a Christian. I just don't think the Holy Ghost and demons get along to well under the same roof. ;-)

2006/5/10 11:45Profile
leaf

sheffield, UK

Hi, I don't know anything about this person's theology etc but, I do agree with the impetus of the views on this thread that a Christian can not be possessed by a demon. I came to Christ through dabbling in the occult; what I experienced at my conversion made me come to the conclusion that true possession of a true Christian is impossible.

2006/5/18 9:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy