SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Torn Bride's Dress

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

The Torn Bride's Dress

Today while I was at work, I was working in my office, praying as I worked. Then suddenly out of nowhere, this image appeared in my mind. For lack of a better term, I'd like to call it a vision, but I didn't actually see anything with my eyes. Whatever you care to call it, I believe it was from the Lord. I've not been able to stop thinking about it since, and I've been personally burdened since I have. Here is what I saw:

In the vision I had I saw a bride wearing a dress that was dirtied and torn looking, as if people had been pulling at it.

2006/5/8 14:26Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: The Torn Bride's Dress

worldliness and division?

2006/5/8 15:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I believe the "vision" to mean that there are a lot of things going on where the church is being pulled at and trying to be drawn away from the One she is betrothed to. The apostle Paul said once, "But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ." (2 Cor 11:3)

2006/5/8 15:36Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

I am reminded of many things that I have seen in my "minds eye" as well (as you stated these are much like the clarity of seeing a picture with the naked eye with high detail but nothing is seen physically.)

The important thing to remember in this is to make certain of what this is. Is this a vision of the state of your own or someone you know's heart? Or is this a warning of things to come for you or someone you know? Is this a ploy from Satan in an attempt to make you waver?

Of those things I do not know and neither does anyone esle but GOD. If you ask HIM, HE will reveal these things to you. Brother, make fully sure you listen and submit to the leading of the Holy Spirit in this, discernment is critical. (all though I am sure you are already doing such)

I am reminded more so of something my Older Brother told me once rather than one of my own experiences. He was in Church and there were people heading to the front for salvation in Jesus Christ. He, while watching this, got an image of a Raven in his mind. With this was a groan from within (as the Spirit will often make utterances for you). He immediately thought of The Parabol of the Sower, and how the Birds ate some of the seed that was sown. He was then lead by the Spirit to pray for them.

Fast, pray, and seek the Lord. HE will lead you to the meaning.

I hope this helps.

In HIS Love,
Scroggins

2006/5/8 15:37Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

The bride was made white, not by a dress, but by something internal. The dress is something external and what everyone else sees. The dress is what the bride wears in order to show her innocense which is true on the inside. However, this external dress has been attacked by wolves. Though she is clean on the inside, her appearance has been dirtied and torn.

The bride has done nothing wrong. She prepared herself by wearing the dress. Her enemy, however, has torn and dirtied the dress. Her enemy has made her look bad so that everyone will mock her and persecute her.

As such, who will believe she is truly the bride? No one will believe her unless they know the bridegroom. Rather, they will reject her, just as they have rejected the bridegroom.

Hope this helps,
I know you will face much skepticism and questioning. Continue to pray and let the Lord lead you.

In Christ,
Blake

2006/5/8 15:45Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

KingJimmy
I believe this to be a symbol of impurity. Dirty rags. Isaiah 64:6
It is for the church, which should be spotless.

Linda

2006/5/8 16:17Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

No doubt impurity is happening.

2006/5/8 18:12Profile
Logic

Re:

[b]Ephesians 5:25[/b] [color=990000]Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
[b]:26[/b] That [b]he might sanctify and cleanse it[/b] with the washing of water by the word,
[b]:27[/b] That [b]he might present it to himself[/b] a glorious church, [b]not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish[/b].[/color]

Thought the church is tattered and torn, in the end the chirch will be perfect! :-D

Praise GOD! :-D

2006/5/8 19:47Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi KingJimmy...

Your description reminds me of one described by a man that I know. His name is Zerubbabel Obangit (though the name is probably misspelled). He was born in Africa, but was schooled in the United States. He earned his doctorate, and eventually became a Professor of Economics at the University of Houston, until the Lord called him to travel. Ironically, after years of travel in Africa, the Lord led him to travel in the United States.

Brother Zerubbabel fasted in the African wilderness before traveling to the United States. During that time, he had a dream. In this dream, he said that he saw a woman wearing a beautiful white dress. It was very elaborate, and ornamented with fine fabric and weaving. But in this dream, someone slowly lifted part of the dress and exposed hideous, dirty and grotesque flesh. As a result, Brother Zerubbabel has preached tirelessly throughout the world with a message that the Church needs to be completely honest before God -- and realize its current condition.

He is one of the most humble preachers that I have ever heard. I have never heard him preach a candy coated message -- and his words have had a very deep impact on many people (reminding me alot of the prophet Samuel). The first time I heard him speak, you could have heard a "pin drop on the carpet." I once saw him preaching in a large church where the pastor and many in the congregation embraced "holy laughter." A couple of important women began laughing during the service -- and wouldn't stop during the message. Zerubbabel stopped preaching, turned to the women and told them that he would wait until they were finished "disturbing and distracting" the congregation before he would continue. The women slowly stopped their act.

It was funny (in a weird sort of way) to watch a man speak with such boldness. Yet he always spoke in complete humility. I have since spent some time with Brother Zerubbabel and I can say that, as with Nathanael, I could see "nothing false" in him. I have wished to find other men that were as sincerely humble in their walk with God.

Anyway, your story simply reminded me of what I heard from Brother Zerubbabel. Thank you for sharing!

:-)

2006/5/8 22:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
Brother Zerubbabel has preached tirelessly throughout the world with a message that the Church needs to be completely honest before God -- and realize its current condition.

Thanks Chris and Jimmy

2006/5/8 23:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy