SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : This site has helped answer prayers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
moreofHim

This site has helped answer prayers

Greg, I wanted to let you know that I am truly grateful for your site.

About two years ago when I was growing deeper in my walk (going through brokenness, surrender, etc...) Many people, including my own family thought I had gone completely bonkers. They thought I was going over the edge with my faith. They were christians too, for over 15 years or more- just never really grew.

I remember after reading Ten Shekels and a Shirt about two summers ago- it finally helped me put into words, many things that the Lord was showing me about Christianity and the churches. I tried to tell this to my Dad and others around me. My Mom totally turned her back on me (which killed me) but my Dad hung in there with me (unconditional love- I would say) I have prayed for him and his wife, I have prayed for my mom, I have prayed for all those who have thought I was nuts- that their eyes would be open, their ears would "hear" the truth. I have literally gone through (almost ) hell because of my new strong beliefs.

It made me want to turn right around and "go back to Egypt" (is what I like to call it) just give it all up and be a nominal Christian like everyone else. Well, thank our wonderful Lord, He kept me to Himself- He kept pursuing me and convicting me. So I have stayed strong and grown in Him.

I am going somewhere with this! :-)

This Christmas I gave my Dad The Revival Hymn, Selah, Enslaved, and Ten Shekels and a Shirt downloaded on disks. He called me from his car phone the other day saying that he had listened to Enslaved, Selah, and The Revival Hymn (you notice he started with the shortest ones first :-) ) He said he was listening to the Revival Hymn for the second time and I could hear it playing in the background. He said that he couldn't go home, that he couldn't get out of his car- he just pulled over into a parking lot and was paralyzed by them!

I was so happy, you have no idea. But the test was to see if he would listen to Ten Shekels. I knew he would maybe listen to the others because they were short and powerful and set to music- but I again told him to make sure to listen to Ten Shekels too.

He called me this morning and he and his wife had driven around in their car (i think) and listened to it. I think they were floored! They called me again and asked how to get to your site and "what else was good on there". I talked to them both a bit about how the churches do not present this message anymore. How the gosple is watered down, that many christians that have been christians for a long time have just been sitting there- not growing, not hearing the truth, etc...

I believe they really see it now. I believe they are on their way- that some blinders have been lifted off. AND IT TOOK THEM LISTENING TO THE SERMONS AND COMPILATIONS. Praise God! All this agony for the past two years and people thinking i'm nuts- is soooo worth it! Just to see people that you love actually "see" the light.

Thank you again!!!

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/1/4 16:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: This site has helped answer prayers

Quote:
Greg, I wanted to let you know that I am truly grateful for your site.

Chanin, I thank you so much for taking the time and courage to write this out. It really is the Lord's timing, all I can say is: 'Thank you Lord' :cry:

Quote:
I believe they really see it now. I believe they are on their way- that some blinders have been lifted off. AND IT TOOK THEM LISTENING TO THE SERMONS AND COMPILATIONS. Praise God! All this agony for the past two years and people thinking i'm nuts- is soooo worth it! Just to see people that you love actually "see" the light.

I am really in shock and almost in tears, this is tremoundous and Jesus deserves all the glory for this, every last bit!

[b]Epesians 1:18 (niv)[/b] - I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.

It's so wonderful that God Himself is 'enlightening' peoples hearts through these sermons to bring Himself glory and honour, so that they may understand the 'riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.' :-)

2004/1/4 17:45Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: This site has helped answer prayers

What a wonderful testimony. You gave me a case of chicken skin (goosebumps).

Quote:
Many people, including my own family thought I had gone completely bonkers.

Seem's to be a common reaction, often intimated without being said outright. But that's O.K., not 'better' or 'more spiritual', just...enlarged appetite's? Surely it's the Lord's doing, His drawing, maybe Lars is on to something, something that he mentioned earlier and better than I could.
Quote:
There are new vessels developing, a fellowship emerging in many places around the globe who dare to express themselves in terms of anguish and painful pursuit, who allow themselves to be given to the altar for the sake of prayer which suits the purposes of the Lord.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1049&forum=31]A Vessel of Recovering[/url]

Quote:
All this agony for the past two years and people thinking i'm nuts- is soooo worth it! Just to see people that you love actually "see" the light.

You don't know how encouarging this is to me as well. I think it's pretty well known that I am nut's anyway's, but "the people you love" to see the light, that has been my hope and this just bolsters it!

Thank's Chanin

2004/1/4 22:48Profile
moreofHim

Re:

This site has answered prayers in more than just one way!

My husband is now hooked on the Revival Hymn!

He just got back from a 10 hour road trip for business. He said he listened to it all the way there and all the way back. He said he tried to listen to the radio but it just didn't sound as good. :-)

He's been listening to it in his car, every where he goes. He's given to two "top" executives at the largest Toyota plant in the country!

I never thought I'd hear this (and I can't imagine it yet- but I guess God can do whatever He wants through whomever He wants) but two days ago my husband said that while he was listening to the Revival Hymn in the car- He KNEW he wanted to do that- speak like that. Now THAT would be a miracle :-P Just kidding.

It will be interesting to see where this all goes; what the fruit will be.

In Him, Chanin

2004/1/14 21:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
He's given to two "top" executives at the largest Toyota plant in the country!

:-D

2004/1/15 0:11Profile
Julan

Re: This site

I would like to record my thankfulness and praise to Almighty God for leading me to this site, one morning, when I almost despaired, feeling so bewildered... God led me to look up David Wilkerson, and from there God has moved on my life and thrown me onto a battlefield. God's Will will be done, as I trust Him and lean not on my own understanding. I would appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

2004/1/20 4:50Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Praise be to God Julan!

Quote:
from there God has moved on my life and thrown me onto a battlefield

Indeed it is.

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God." Ps. 20:8

2004/1/20 5:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net