SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Jesus give or recieved gifts?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Logic

Did Jesus give or recieved gifts?

The passage quoted in [b]Ephesians 4:8[/b] taken from [b]Psalm 68:18[/b] . However, there is adifference in the translation found in the New Testament quote from what is written inthe Old Testament passage in Psalms. This analysis is an attempt to help explain wherethat difference comes from and why. If you have any questions about what is discussedin this passage, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

[b]Ephesians 4:8[/b] [color=990000]Therefore it says, ‘When He ascended on high, He led captive a host of captives, And He [b]gave gifts[/b] to men[/color]

[b]Psalm 68:18[/b] [color=990000]Thou hast ascended on high, Thou hast led captive Thy captives;Thou hast [b]received gifts[/b] among men, Even among the rebellious also, that the LORD God may dwell there[/color]

I think this will be a good bible study

2006/5/4 11:26Profile
repentcanada

Re: Did Jesus give or recieved gifts?

Luke 8:3 states "And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him (Jesus) of their substance."

2006/5/4 12:33Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Did Jesus give or recieved gifts?

The King James rendering of Psalm 68:18 may help our understanding...
Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: [b]thou hast received gifts for men[/b]; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.
Receiving gifts [i]for[/i] men and giving gifts to men are really just two sides of the same coin, so to speak. Jesus Christ received in order to give, and oh my what gifts we have been given!
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?(Luk 11:13)

In Christ,

Ron

2006/5/4 12:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy