SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : "666" sense: Date marked with caution

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 "666" sense: Date marked with caution

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

With June 6, 2006, rapidly approaching, authorities in Colorado and elsewhere are carefully watching to see if that date - 6/6/06 - spurs demonstrations or violent activity.

They are aware that 666 signifies the Mark of the Beast or the Antichrist to some organizations and believe June 6 is a date that could trigger problems.

"It's been a conscious question among some of our folks, so they've been on the lookout for something," said Lance Clem, spokesman for the Colorado Department of Public Safety. "But they haven't seen anything."

Even so, some local police are being vigilant.

"The bottom line is that our intelligence unit is familiar with 666 and its significance, but we don't have any information about anything taking place in Colorado Springs," said Lt. Rafael Cintron of the Colorado Springs Police Department. "However, we are certainly keeping our feelers out to see if anything is happening."

2006/5/3 22:04Profile
Wildhorse

Australia

Re: "666" sense: Date marked with caution

Interesting. But nonsense, none the less.

Michael

2006/5/4 2:11Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Hmm yeah, interesting. Thanks for posting this. I may preach about this Saturday night on the street. Shows how people are superstitious and suppress God's Truth in unrighteousness. Deep down there is a fear, they have just pushed it down and sin and pleasure sits on top of it.

2006/5/4 10:39Profile
Xtian

Colorado

Re: "666" sense: Date marked with caution

Its amazing that people are still looking for a future anti-christ and end times senario. Especially when there is more evidence that it all happened in the past (during the generation of those that heard Jesus preach and teach).

Oh well

;-)

2006/6/5 0:26Profile
Sems

Latvia

Re:

What ????!!! What doctrine is this ? The anti Christ hasn't been revealed yet..

2006/6/5 5:04Profile

Re:

We are eagerly anticipating the return of Christ.
We are at the same time fully alerted to the coming of a bestial appearance, perilous times to come in which no godly man is welcome.
Both settings are to come, to come soon.
To say that this is something which has already occurred is to be uninformed as to history and religion.
Walk

2006/6/5 5:11
Sems

Latvia

Re:

Amen bro walk !!!!!! Come Lord Jesus !!

2006/6/5 9:02Profile
Xtian

Colorado

Re:

Quote:
We are at the same time fully alerted to the coming of a bestial appearance, perilous times to come in which no godly man is welcome.... Both settings are to come, to come soon.

But who was this written to and more importantly, when? Wouldnt knowing "when" play a big part in knowing when "soon" would happen? I think so.

There are many time texts in scripture, from Jesus and His disciples, that indicate that He was coming "soon". Now if we agree that "soon", "shortly", "at hand", "quickly", etc means a short period of time, then it stands to reason to find out when and who it was addressed to, so we can better nail down "when" these events could happen.

To better illustrate this, to whom was Jesus refering to or addressing in the following verses...
Quote:
1. Matthew 23:36
"Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon [i]this generation[/i].

2. Matthew 24:34
"Truly I say to you, [i]this generation[/i] will not pass away until all these things take place.

3. Mark 8:12
Sighing deeply in His spirit, He said, "Why does [i]this generation[/i] seek for a sign? Truly I say to you, no sign will be given to [i]this generation[/i]."
"Truly I say to you, [i]this generation[/i] will not pass away until all these things take place.

4. Luke 7:31
"To what then shall I compare the men of [i]this generation[/i], and what are they like?

5. Luke 11:29
As the crowds were increasing, He began to say, " [i]This generation[/i] is a wicked generation; it seeks for a sign, and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah.

6. Luke 11:30
"For just as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so will the Son of Man be to [i]this generation[/i].

7. Luke 11:32
"The men of Nineveh will stand up with [i]this generation[/i] at the judgment and condemn it, because they repented at the preaching of Jonah; and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.

8. Luke 11:50
so that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against [i]this generation[/i],

9. Luke 11:51
from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against [i]this generation[/i].'

10. Luke 17:25
" But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by [i]this generation[/i].

11. Luke 21:32
"Truly I say to you, [i]this generation[/i] will not pass away until all things take place.

*Note: there are many more time texts, but you get the point ;-)

In all these verses the term "this generation" was addressing specific people of that time (i.e. Jews of the first century). There is no mention anywhere that this phrase is addressing any future generation. If the events in the end times, last days, etc were to happen thousands of years in the future, why wouldnt Jesus use the term "that generation", or "a generation to come"? Ummm....

Well some say that these passages are applicable to both back then in the first century and now (thousands of years later). If that is the case, why didnt Jesus just say "this generation and a generation to come"?

But He doesnt. Ummm.... :-(

Now if we take Jesus at His word, and He doesnt make mistakes, then passages like Matt 23 & 24, Luke 21 and other end time passages, was about a series of events that would occur to that generation to whom Jesus was speaking to (first century Jews and christians).

If this is not the case as most future end times people believe, then that means Jesus was wrong when He said this...
Quote:
"There are some of those who are standing here who shall not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." (Matt. 16:28; cf. Mk. 9:1; Lk. 9:27)

Now I dont know of any disciples who are still alive today, so that leads me believe that my previous understanding of "the end times" (future rapture, tribulation, Armagedon, 1,000 year reign, etc) and when and who it applied to, was wrong. Especially when you look at scripture in context.

Now its a huge thing to consider, but if the jews, who were experts in the Law of God, missed the boat about Jesus being the Messiah, then it is even more possible that we as christians today, have misunderstood the time texts portrayed in scripture about "this generation" and the "end times".

Now this idea is foreign to most, but it doesnt take away from the glory and majesty of Jesus Christ our Lord, who died and rose again to redeem us from our sins.

I hope this helps explain why I said what I did about the end times.

BTW how does one know when someone replied to a topic or reply? Is there some kind of notice that is posted somewhere so I dont have to go thru all the different forums to see if someone replied (yea I am a newbie here :oops:) TAI

2006/6/5 20:52Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Reminders ...

Quote:
BTW how does one know when someone replied to a topic or reply? Is there some kind of notice that is posted somewhere so I dont have to go thru all the different forums to see if someone replied (yea I am a newbie here )

Sort of...
When you log back on and go the main forum section a red file folder = New posts since your last visit. That isn't totaly adequate but ...

It is helpful to put some kind of heading in the subject field, even if it is to just carry over the same title both for future searches and even as something that will trigger the memory. Other than that you just have to remember what subject the original post was titled. There is some work underway to improve the search function.

To the topic at hand, you might try a search throught the site as well. Here is good treatment
of the matter, generaly speaking:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=2411&forum=40&post_id=&refresh=Go]Edgar F. Parkyns on Church History - 10 Sessions[/url]

2006/6/5 23:56Profile
Xtian

Colorado

Re: thanks for the tech tip

I appreciate the help.

There seems to be a learning curve with all new things eh?

thanks again :-)

2006/6/6 1:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy