SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What think ye?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

What think ye?

Beloved:

Read this. It was published in THE EVANGELIST by JSM in October, 1987.

Stanley Frodsham was a prophet of the Lord. What think ye?

A Modern Day Prophecy Concerning the Church:

Printed below is an excerpt from a prophecy given by the late Stanley Frodsham, former editor of the Pentecostal Evangel. The prophecy was delivered at the Elim Bible Institute Summer Camp Meeting in 1965.

"When I visit My people in mighty revival power, it is to prepare them for the darknessahead. . .Take heed to yourselves lest you be puffed up and think that you have arrived. Many shall be puffed up as in the olden days. . .

"Listen to the messengers, but do not hold men's persons in admiration. For many whom I shall anoint mightily, with signs and miracles, shall become lifted up and shall fall by the wayside. I do not do this willingly; I have made provision that they might stand. I call many into this ministry and equip them; but remember that many shall fall. They shall be like bright lights, and people shall delight in them. But they shall be taken over by deceiving spirits and shall lead many of My people away.

"Hearken diligently concerning these things, for in the last days shall come seducing spirits that shall turn many of My anointed ones away. Many shall fall through divers lusts and because of sin abounding. . .

"I warn you to search the Scriptures diligently concerning these last days, for the things< that are written shall indeed be made manifest. There shall come deceivers among My people in increasing numbers who shall speak for the truth and shall gain the favor of the people. For the people shall examine the Scriptures and say, 'What these men say is true.' Then when they have gained the hearts of the people, then and then only shall they bring out these wrong doctrines. Therefore, I say that you should not give your hearts to men, nor hold people's persons in admiration. For by these very persons shall Satan enter into My people. Watch for seducers!

"Be not deceived, for the deceiver will first work to gain the hearts of many, and then he shall bring forth his insidious doctrines. You cannot discern those that are of Me and those that are not of Me when they start to preach. But seek Me constantly, and then when these doctrines are brought out you shall have a witness in your heart that these are not of Me.

"The minister of righteousness shall be on this wise: his life shall agree with the word and his lips shall give forth that which is wholly true, and it will be no mixture. When the mixture appears, then you will know he is not a minister of righteousness. The deceivers speak first the truth and then error to cover their own sins which they love. . .

"I desire you to be firmly established in My Word and not in the personalities of men that you will not be moved as so many shall be moved. . . Diligently inquire of Me when you hear something that you have not seen in the Word, and do not hold people's persons in admiration, for it is by this very method that Satan will destroy many of My people."

(An interesting thing about this prophecy is that it was published in Jimmy Swaggart's magazine, The Evangelist, in October 1987. Later on, the problems encountered in his life and ministry were to serve as a partial fulfillment of the prophecy.)

Quotation taken from:

www.lamblion.com/articles/pro...sues/PI-03.php

My Bro. and Sis.'s in the Lord. 20 yrs ago this was proclaimed. It has become a reality. What think ye..?

Provided by Brother FP a friend in Christ

(Jeremiah 6:16)

2006/5/3 19:03Profile
mega

Australia, NSW

Re: What think ye?

Yes I agree that many high named Pastors and evangelists have fallen away from a seducing spirit....and Yes we do need to know Gods word...this was word in due season for me...thanks for putting this on here...God Bless. :-)

2006/5/4 4:59Profile

Very interesting.... This strikes me strongly:

Quote:
"[b]The minister of righteousness shall be on this wise: [u]his life shall agree with the word[/u] and his lips shall give forth that which is [u]wholly true[/u][/b], and it will be no mixture. When the mixture appears, then you will know he is not a minister of righteousness.

I see those words I've emboldened, as a serious challenge to each one of us, that we may sift our own lives ruthlessly, knowing that God is not decieved about how we live in our thinking .... which of course, is what comes out of our mouths.

This morning (for no reason at the time I could discern) this verse came into my head:

Proverbs 23:7
[b]For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he[/b]: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart [is] not with thee.

I connect the challenge above, and the verse from Proverbs, to these verses from

Hebrews 3:10
I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in heart; and they have not known my ways.
11 So I sware in my wrath,
They shall not enter into my rest.)

12 [b]Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an [u]evil heart of unbelief[/u][/b], in [u]departing from the living God[/u].

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 [b]But with whom was he grieved forty years?[/b] was it not with [u]them that had sinned[/u], whose [u]carcases fell in the wilderness?[/u]
18 And [b]to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, [u]but to them that believed not[/u]?[/b]
19 So we see that [b]they [u]could not enter[/u] in[/b] [u]because of [b]unbelief[/b][/u].

Hebrews 4:3
For we which have believed [b]do enter into rest, as he said[/b], As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
12 [b]For the word of God is quick, [quick = alive] and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword[/b], piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [u]a discerner of the thoughts [b]and intents[/b] of the heart[/u].
13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but [b]all things[/b] [u]are naked and opened[/u] unto the eyes of him with whom [u]we have to do[/u].

Beloved, there is no escape from the judgment of God. I was thinking about this when I was speed flashed on a road in Scotland last weekend... Even if the camera did not get my number, God will not err. This thought should compel us into the light, to walk where the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from [b]all sin[/b] - all the time. (1 John 1:7)

If any reading are not familiar with Hebrews 3 and 4, it is worth reading both chapters completely, as I've only extracted what is useful to this post, from my perspective.

Lastly, just because I can quote relevant scripture, does not absolve me from personal responsibility to engage with God on the truths they express, honestly. There is a great lesson to be learned from King David, who when he had sinned [b][i]opted[/i][/b] to fall into the hands of the living God. Amen! This is the way to go! (2 Sam 24:14)

2006/5/4 5:43

This was around the time there was a big move of the Spirit - the Jesus Revolution - Arthur Blessitt and all - and people being filled with the Spirit - [i]believing[/i] in the gifts in corners of Christendom which had been firmly cessationist or just plain ignorant of them.

I'm bumping this, because I'd be interested in what others make of the quote in the leading post.... please.... give it some thought?

2006/5/5 11:57

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy