SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Erring in my walk

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Chadrick

Erring in my walk

My faith in God is a human faith. I admit that it is flawed and errant as well as erroneous... (There is, of course, a difference bewtween those two)

I look at myself in the mirror and I see all the things that I thought I stood against.
I lived the life and walkedthe walk. There was a point when I just... stopped.

When I was 16, I was saved. It was June 13, 2002... I really genuinely loved God. I saw myself against the light of God's mercy and fell upon it. I began to grow and learn. I preached in youth and was a leader.
At 18, I graduated and went to CBC in Springfield, MO. I had to go home because of lack of funds, but mostly because of unbelief.

The disappointment, pride and despair overtook me. I stopped going to church and I began to fall.

I was saved, then I turned away, but I want Him.

The question I have pertains to redemption- Is it possible that there is no mercy for me? Or is there still grace?

I know that this is a highly theological/ denomination doctrinal thing, so I only want scripture, NO OPINIONS.

2006/5/3 0:11Profile
madmatg

asia

Re: Erring in my walk

John 15:14

2006/5/3 0:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Well, you may get both, but hopefully that which is derived as scripture in those who have it hidden in their hearts. Small point, but take into consideration your surroundings, a bit difficult to make demands or assumptions here.

You did ask the question;

Quote:
Is it possible that there is no mercy for me? Or is there still grace?

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luk 15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
Luk 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luk 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Luk 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
Luk 15:9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

Luk 15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1Co 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
1Co 5:2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
1Co 5:3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Later on...

2Co 2:6 For such a one, this punishment by the majority is enough,
2Co 2:7 so you should rather turn to forgive and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.
2Co 2:8 So I beg you to reaffirm your love for him.
2Co 2:9 For this is why I wrote, that I might test you and know whether you are obedient in everything.
2Co 2:10 Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. What I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ,
2Co 2:11 so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

Think about these in light of where you are.
There is mercy
And grace.

2006/5/3 0:34Profile
Chadrick

Re:

Proverbs 19:3... I'm reminded that my self imposed problems are not His fault. I have done this on my own. The LORD has stayed just and true.
Isaiah 1:18--- 43:18... These verses help me.

2006/5/3 0:36Profile
Chadrick

Re:

Yes, crsschk, I understand. I realized that making those demands was a bit rasgh. No worries. :D I appreciate this. I realize that there is grace and mercy for everyone, pending obedience and trust.

2006/5/3 0:38Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

There is mercy and healing, have faith...

And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil...
Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour. (Mat 15:22,28)

And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me...
And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
(Mar 10:47,52)

And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us...
And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
(Luk 17:13,19)

In Christ,

Ron

2006/5/3 11:22Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Chadrick

Psa. 116:1 I love the LORD, because He has heard
My voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
3 The pains of death surrounded me,
And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
“O LORD, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
8 For You have delivered my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
And my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the LORD
In the land of the living.
10 I believed, therefore I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted.”
11 I said in my haste,
“All men are liars.”
12 What shall I render to the LORD
For all His benefits toward me?
13 I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the LORD.
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD
Now in the presence of all His people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.

Search and you will find Him. Let this be your prayer...

In Christ
Jeff

2006/5/3 12:15Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Chadrick...

You are not alone. There are many believers that have gone through this same experience. You are in my prayers. Here are a few verses that have helped me when I felt the fire of my passion for Jesus grow a little dimmer:

Quote:

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20119:67;&version=31;]Psalm 119:67[/url]
"Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word."

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2042:1-5;&version=31;]Psalm 42:1-5[/url]
1 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
4 When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%2051;&version=31;]Psalm 51[/url]
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Peter%203:9;&version=31;]2 Peter 3:9[/url]
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelation%202:1-7;&version=31;]Revelation 2:1-7[/url]
1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm%20139;&version=31;]Psalm 139:1-24[/url]
1 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans%208:35-39;&version=31;]Romans 8:35-39[/url]
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=philippians%203:10-14;&version=31;]Philippians 3:10-14[/url]
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew%2011:28-30;&version=31;]Matthew 11:28-30[/url]
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=revelation%203:20-21;&version=31;]Revelation 3:20-21[/url]
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

All of these verses read well in the NIV too. Just click on the passage references to read them in the NIV. Chadrick, if you ever need anything, feel free to email, PM, or even call. Just email or PM if you would like my phone numbers. You are in my prayers.

:-)

2006/5/3 12:43Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

We are here for you in heart Brother.

Do not waver in faith Brother, GOD is great. You come to this conclusion by HIS leading. Blessed is the Lord our GOD, a Just GOD of Mercy and Grace. Praise HIM and seek HIM out. HE is waiting to see you come closer to HIM.

We are in prayer for you Brother.

In HIS Love,
Scroggins

2006/5/3 13:06Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy